What happens when you get surgery even though you can't pay for it?

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
Just hypothetically speaking... Say you get a surgery for 10k even though you only have 5k. You get your bill after surgery and then you pay them only half of the price and tell them that you're gonna pay the rest off over the next few years. What would happen from a legal standpoint?

• +1
Reactions: angelo, Chadeep, Deleted member and 2 others
You'd go to jail, quite obviously.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3828, Lorsss, Deleted member 14543 and 1 other person
You won't believe how common this is when black people get surgeries

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: angelo, A23ghskung, Deleted member 5180 and 6 others
Jail ane i guess they can take your stuff

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: .👽., Deleted member 3828, Lorsss and 1 other person
You end up with debt. Declare personal bancrupcy and you're good.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3828
just pay monthly theory

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
I've never heard of a plastic surgeon who doesn't require payment before the procedure takes place. It's not a restaurant, the waiter doesn't bring you the check afterwards

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 8758, Deleted member, Schönling and 9 others
You become a chad either way.

unless this is the ER its not happening
you can do a monthly payment with those who does and dont pay :hnghn:

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 7725, ifyouwannabemylover and Deleted member 4054
I've never heard of a plastic surgeon who doesn't require payment before the procedure takes place. It's not a restaurant, the waiter doesn't bring you the check afterwards
yeah this. I ner heard of someone that doesn't want payment upfront.
I have seen payment plans. But I think they put a bank/loan giver in between it whom does the collection and earns the interest.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
i don't think surgeons ask for full payment upfront, you'll have to pay monthly and i think if you miss few payments the price might get higher.

If implants maybe they rip your skin back open and take back the implant. But since you can't pay no anaesthesia this time

• JFL
Reactions: angelo
get surgery , ascend and go to jail for some time .

You do ascend either way , win win :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and ifyouwannabemylover
Just hypothetically speaking... Say you get a surgery for 10k even though you only have 5k. You get your bill after surgery and then you pay them only half of the price and tell them that you're gonna pay the rest off over the next few years. What would happen from a legal standpoint?

In the US most will want the payment up front but sometimes they allow you to get surgery without paying all of your deductible up front. If you fail to pay it afterwards they usually just turn it over to a collections agency which can take you to court for the failed payment. If the Court enters a judgment against you legally you could technically be jailed a little while for not paying if you have the ability to do so but normally that judgment lien is put on any property you own and it gives them the ability to seize the money from bank accounts etc.

• +1
Reactions: angelo, NoPainNoChick and Deleted member