What I hate the most about summer

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
That I can’t keep my windows/balcony door open with room lights on at night because I would immediately have a bunch of mosquitoes and moths in my room. Even the light of my phone screen attracts all kinds of insects. So it’s either
1. Lights on, everything shut, sauna inside (me = too much body heat)
2. Dark room, cool fresh air
3. Lights on, open windows, mosquito bites and fat moths entertaining me.

I now cope with slightly open balcony door, sunblinds closed, lights turned off, mobile phone screen brightness turned all the way down + power safe mode on and, when I sleep, window open always. I still got a couple of mosquito bites. Summer = over soon, hopefully.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HowAmIAlive123, Deleted member 4563, owlofathena and 2 others
Fuck I hate insects buzzing around, especially flies. The other day I killed 10 flies with a notebook.

Usually I leave the balcony door open at night so that the cool air can come and stay inside. In the morning I close the door and the room feels like air conditioned. Doesn't work when it goes over 30° during the day tho.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4563, Deleted member 6873, owlofathena and 1 other person
thanks for sharing with class ngl

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
That I can’t keep my windows/balcony door open with room lights on at night because I would immediately have a bunch of mosquitoes and moths in my room. Even the light of my phone screen attracts all kinds of insects. So it’s either
1. Lights on, everything shut, sauna inside (me = too much body heat)
2. Dark room, cool fresh air
3. Lights on, open windows, mosquito bites and fat moths entertaining me.

I now cope with slightly open balcony door, sunblinds closed, lights turned off, mobile phone screen brightness turned all the way down + power safe mode on and, when I sleep, window open always. I still got a couple of mosquito bites. Summer = over soon, hopefully.
Where do you live then?

Get a screen to keep them out but let the air in

• +1
Reactions: Deathrasher42
Didn't know you get mosquitos in Germany you don't in Scotland

I don't think it's mosquitos but like flies in general, you get them here in France too

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
Bad shit since I have a bug screen within my window frame

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and Deleted member 1476
Bad shit since I have a bug screen within my window frame
I thought about installing those too but I consider moving again so I haven’t bothered yet