What if everything you do was already predetermined

theonewhorisesabove

theonewhorisesabove

Bronze
From the time your born what if your whole story was already written. From each interaction, each feeling, each memory you have stored was already decided. Do we have a choice in how our life turns out? Did the neurons in our brain already decide how we choose to connect with each other?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: XxW33dSm0k3rxX, uksucks, Bars and 5 others
block theory/eternalism, I used to be big on it but since then have disagreed with it.

I’ve believed in this my whole life. One of the ways that I can explain it is we see things, hear sounds, smell smells, a split second after they happen. So reality only comes into the consciousness after it happens. Which to me makes consciousness nothing more than observation, even of ourselves.

• +1
Reactions: theonewhorisesabove
Can u explain more about it
It would take me ages to explain it in full, but in a nutshell it’s the idea that time is a 4d rectangle that has each moment in time, meaning everything is predetermined. But I recommend looking up a full explanation

We can’t control our lives but we can control our mindset

• +1
Reactions: Whatever
free will is a meme and determinism is the truth

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Whatever and ChadL1te
free will is a meme and determinism is the truth
incompatibilists are the same type of faggots who make arguments like "actually everything is natural because humans are part of nature" not understanding what words fucking mean

• JFL
Reactions: TheLookInYourEyes
From the time your born what if your whole story was already written. From each interaction, each feeling, each memory you have stored was already decided. Do we have a choice in how our life turns out? Did the neurons in our brain already decide how we choose to connect with each other?
You'd never know either everything is predetermined or not tbh

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: uksucks
It's not an if, it's already predetermined