What is Facial Harmony?

Selinity

Selinity

Zephir
this is a response to this thread where @africancel asks us to explain facial harmony. Here is my answer.

Facial harmony is mentioned quite a bit in the PSL-sphere, but despite being used to justify so many examples of less conventionally attractive men slaying there isn't a clear consensus on what facial harmony actually is, what qualifies as facial harmony and it's effect.

And the reason why is simple--facial harmony doesn't exist.

At least not in the way that people think it does.

Facial harmony at the end of the day all boils down to facial proportions and colouring.

To exemplify this let's look at a common example of 'good facial harmony,' Ryan Gosling.

From these pictures of his face we can clearly see that his features don't follow the 'Chad-phenotype,'

Ryan Gosling 'failos'
>Narrow jaw
->High ramus
-->Long midface
--->round, small eyes
---->Low ipd

But surprise enough, if Ryan gosling didn't have these failos, it would actually be a looks min.

Because of Ryan's head shape, wider, deepest eyes would look completely uncanny.

If his mid face was shorter it just wouldn't work with how his jaw is positioned.

In other words, the way his face is allows for it to fit decently within his head and leave him not looking like a complete alien.

Does he have bad features? Yes. Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily--his features work together.

That's how I view the concept of facial harmony--it's just managing to look good without conventionally attractive features because those features work decently with your skull shape.

Like I mentioned before the other part of harmony is colouring. Say what you want about his face, but his colouring is top tier.

Dirty-blonde, blue eyes, tan skin.

But still, is good colouring really all that one needs to be considered attractive? Something must be missing. I mean--his face might be harmonious, but it still isn't very appealing. There has to be something else I'm forgetting to mention that would magically explain away why people think Ryan Gosling is attractive.

Screen Shot 2021 03 03 at 41930 PM

I wonder why women want him? Maybe he said some funny jokes to convince them he had a good personality?

I mean, it's not like a regular 6t tall white guy with blue-eyes would get pussy, right?

Screen Shot 2021 03 03 at 42327 PM

I don't know, I wonder what it could be.

Something weird I noticed is that the most "harmonious" people always seem to be celebrities or rich?

Tell me what you think bellow

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Lolcel, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Deleted member 12165 and 2 others
just be worth 70 million and have a class hollywood actor status bro works for me

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
odd choice for 'facial harmony' to say the least boyo

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv and Deleted member 11053
Something weird I noticed is that the most "harmonious" people always seem to be celebrities or rich?
It’s called status halo my guy.

Ryan Gosling has multiple failos that would make other people "disharmonious" the most obvious one is his very noticeable assymetry, which in turn implies bad ratios.

Your description is still quite vague like saying bad features aren't necessarily a bad thing cause they work together. Can you give a succinct description that is not hinged on an example.

Also I think Ryan Gosling is heavily haloed by his status, colouring and playing on screen hearthrobs, genuinely seems like a white normie to high tier normie to me.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, ProAcktiv and AlwaysHaveQuestions
Also I think Ryan Gosling is heavily haloed by his status, colouring and playing on screen hearthrobs, genuinely seems like a white normie to high tier normie to me.
Harmony isn't a thing to me, it's just used to explain away 'ugly' men slaying (even though they have better features bellow the neck) I agree in saying that Ryan is HEAVILY haloed. As for why I used him as an example, he was the guy many people were referring to in your original thread.

That was what in essence was trying to say.

in reference to the part about bad features working together, I mean that with wider set eyes and a compact mid-face he would look very uncanny because of his face shape.

I made this thread while my mind was fried, I'll try posting a better, clearly thought response to your thread later.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
this is a response to this thread where @africancel asks us to explain facial harmony. Here is my answer.

Facial harmony is mentioned quite a bit in the PSL-sphere, but despite being used to justify so many examples of less conventionally attractive men slaying there isn't a clear consensus on what facial harmony actually is, what qualifies as facial harmony and it's effect.

And the reason why is simple--facial harmony doesn't exist.

At least not in the way that people think it does.

Facial harmony at the end of the day all boils down to facial proportions and colouring.

To exemplify this let's look at a common example of 'good facial harmony,' Ryan Gosling.

From these pictures of his face we can clearly see that his features don't follow the 'Chad-phenotype,'

Ryan Gosling 'failos'
>Narrow jaw
->High ramus
-->Long midface
--->round, small eyes
---->Low ipd

But surprise enough, if Ryan gosling didn't have these failos, it would actually be a looks min.

Because of Ryan's head shape, wider, deepest eyes would look completely uncanny.

If his mid face was shorter it just wouldn't work with how his jaw is positioned.

In other words, the way his face is allows for it to fit decently within his head and leave him not looking like a complete alien.

Does he have bad features? Yes. Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily--his features work together.

That's how I view the concept of facial harmony--it's just managing to look good without conventionally attractive features because those features work decently with your skull shape.

Like I mentioned before the other part of harmony is colouring. Say what you want about his face, but his colouring is top tier.

Dirty-blonde, blue eyes, tan skin.

But still, is good colouring really all that one needs to be considered attractive? Something must be missing. I mean--his face might be harmonious, but it still isn't very appealing. There has to be something else I'm forgetting to mention that would magically explain away why people think Ryan Gosling is attractive.

View attachment 1019598

I wonder why women want him? Maybe he said some funny jokes to convince them he had a good personality?

I mean, it's not like a regular 6t tall white guy with blue-eyes would get pussy, right?

View attachment 1019604

I don't know, I wonder what it could be.

Tell me what you think bellow

the thing is... HE DOESNT HAVE FACIAL HARMONY

I don’t understans ryan gosling’s “attractiveness”. If i looked like him i would think its over for me

Opinion --

Ryan Gosling is tall, white and has blue eyes (this forum legit doesn't realize how much of a major halo blue eyes are, especially 9 out of 10 reference pics of model dudes are with blue eyes). He's also voicemaxxed and plays in one of the most romantic movies.

Also, Halo Theory works the other way round as well. When someone has a sex appealing personality, his looks psychologically improve. If he wasnt famous, foids wouldn't get wet for this look

"Harmony" is basically personality

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
This is just a theory I've had but imo for famous or otherwise statusmaxxed people, FAILOS in particular get ignored. Someone with mini failos in every area is never gonna be considered attractive in any capacity, but someone with a couple big failos can be anywhere from "unconventionally attractive" like Pete Davidson and Adam Driver, or can even be known as a heartthrob like Gosling. Also, a big part of Gosling's appeal is related to the characters he plays. Someone like Jason Sudeikis is roughly the same looks tier as Gosling, but Jason Sudeikis is known for comedy films/SNL, so he's not considered a heartthrob. I bet if Ryan Gosling wasn't statusmaxxed he wouldn't even slay on tinder in my city, at best he'd do alright.

I think the point you mentioned "not being an alien" has some further depth here
Harmony is when one doesnt have perfect features but still looks good . I think its a signal that one is not some perfect intimidating alien but a human with some imperfections that subconsciously make the viewer get comfortable with them (hope I'm making sense)

• +1
Reactions: Selinity