What is required to become an ACTOR?

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Writer
Excluding stuff like connections and acting talent. Which physical prerequesites are most important in order to make it as a versatile actor able to pull off as many roles as possible?

Age, race, height, physique, looks, coloring, hair, beard etc.? What do most of the successful VERSATILE actors have in common? Not talking about typecasts that only get the same role for the same niche like Hector.

People Realise That Noel Gugliemi plays The Same Character Over And Over  And Mess With His Wikipedia Page - Gallery

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Hueless and Deleted member 16683
I would say good looks but that isn't true, to be honest. Most very good-looking actors get cast into the same heroic male lead type of role. Just being a phenomenal actor (in addition to the things you mentioned) seems most important.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, johnsmithcel, ShowerMaxxing and 4 others
i don't think it matters because having a niche look and cast type is something a lot of actors do.

but i guess having a look that fits into many aesthetics. someone who is not a good example of this is gandy or jordan barrett or a lot of these striking models. you can really only imagine them being some high class mafia bosses, sultry arm candy or rapists but they wouldn't play funny or cheery characters of the boy next door.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 23554, Deleted member 23558 and HarrierDuBois
i don't think it matters because having a niche look and cast type is something a lot of actors do.

but i guess having a look that fits into many aesthetics. someone who is not a good example of this is gandy or jordan barrett or a lot of these striking models. you can really only imagine them being some high class mafia bosses, sultry arm candy or rapists but they wouldn't play funny or cheery characters of the boy next door.
I want versatility, like Bale, Affleck, or Mikkelsen who can pull off any role given to them mainly bc they don't look too niche.
Pin en Christian Bale
Ben Affleck filmography - Wikipedia
Mads Mikkelsen - IMDb

I hate to say this but because I'm a good friend I have no choice

You may have to to suck some cock to get the role. I know you are a man of morals, this is the harsh life we live in.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: arabcelxxx, It'snotover, Hueless and 12 others
I hate to say this but because I'm a good friend I have no choice

You may have to to suck some cock to get the role. I know you are a man of morals, this is the harsh life we live in.
Tbhngl I won't cope, but looks wise, how do I get to a point where I can suck some cocks theoretically?

• JFL
Reactions: arabcelxxx, Marsiere214 and ReadBooksEveryday
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15302 and HarrierDuBois
This

or luck
Tbh, how do you even become an actor? There are limited options where I live, do I just geomaxx?

Tbh, how do you even become an actor? There are limited options where I live, do I just geomaxx?
ofc you can always go to india or some shit and get role at some shit tier trash can or arthouse, but in order to became world recognizble actor u gotta suck dick or just be lucky, even to get an option to suck a dick to get a role u need get some luck

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, ReadBooksEveryday, Marsiere214 and 1 other person
You're either jewish or are friends with jews or extremely good looking + talented + lucky. Don't bother is my advice.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: LiteralCaucasian, ReadBooksEveryday, Marsiere214 and 3 others

gandy could be a spy or somwthing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683
You're either jewish or are friends with jews or extremely good looking + talented + lucky. Don't bother is my advice.
even gl people have a lot of difficulty in the acting business

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
I will bother for eternity, never giving up on my dream.

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday
Which physical prerequesites are most important in order to make it as a versatile actor able to pull off as many roles as possible?
Being a Hebrew mogger like me and @ReadBooksEveryday

• Love it
Bump, I need to know the physical recommendations for being an actor.

• JFL
My best bit of advice is to work with your strengths. You're already blessed or cursed with a certain type of face or body. You'll never be able to change your face enough to completely alter your aesthetic.

If being a successful actor is your goal, you need to know what role/type you are most likely to be cast. Before you even get invited for an audition for a role your fate will be determined by your headshot. What you need to know is what people view you as.

You'll need to have strangers (preferably in real life) describe their first impression of you, without you directly asking- because that'll influence their answers. Have friends and have people describe you in 5 words or something.

Going entirely off on your own impression of yourself isn't enough. Once you've accumulated enough answers (at least a dozen or so), try to search for any correlations or similarities between the impression.

You'll work toward making this look/impression work in your favor, and audition for roles that require someone with that look.
Once you've achieved some success, you are in a way better position to leverage your experience/connections to get the roles you actually want.

You need to understand that as an aspiring actor, you need to cling to whatever shit is thrown your way. This is to increase your already minuscule chance of "making it". To be entirely honest, you need to go into this with the knowledge that you'll never make it.
I say this because even with everything previously mentioned, you require tons of luck.

Even if "versatile looking", there are millions of people that are. While aspiring to be on the silver screen too. You are replaceable whether you like it or not. Do whatever it takes to turn the odds in your favor but always stay grounded.

• +1
Reactions: RomanianZaddy and HarrierDuBois
My best bit of advice is to work with your strengths. You're already blessed or cursed with a certain type of face or body. You'll never be able to change your face enough to completely alter your aesthetic.

If being a successful actor is your goal, you need to know what role/type you are most likely to be cast. Before you even get invited for an audition for a role your fate will be determined by your headshot. What you need to know is what people view you as.

You'll need to have strangers (preferably in real life) describe their first impression of you, without you directly asking- because that'll influence their answers. Have friends and have people describe you in 5 words or something.

Going entirely off on your own impression of yourself isn't enough. Once you've accumulated enough answers (at least a dozen or so), try to search for any correlations or similarities between the impression.

You'll work toward making this look/impression work in your favor, and audition for roles that require someone with that look.
Once you've achieved some success, you are in a way better position to leverage your experience/connections to get the roles you actually want.

You need to understand that as an aspiring actor, you need to cling to whatever shit is thrown your way. This is to increase your already minuscule chance of "making it". To be entirely honest, you need to go into this with the knowledge that you'll never make it.
I say this because even with everything previously mentioned, you require tons of luck.

Even if "versatile looking", there are millions of people that are. While aspiring to be on the silver screen too. You are replaceable whether you like it or not. Do whatever it takes to turn the odds in your favor but always stay grounded.
If you're on this forum it's probably already over for you tho. No looks for your non-NT, PSL-rotten brain.
You'll never be able to fit in with the creative normies, they'll smell you're different

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25339 and HarrierDuBois

Could you give advice in pms?
If you're on this forum it's probably already over for you tho. No looks for your non-NT, PSL-rotten brain.
You'll never be able to fit in with the creative normies, they'll smell you're different
I am still very high in creativity which is why I want this to begin with and I can larp NT np.
They told me I have potential at the acting class but I want to ascend for my own sake.