what is short faced syndrome

esoterik

esoterik

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
im a bit retarded, does sfs come from the top and bottom of the skull? or is the face just large in general and the harmony is stretched out, how does the MF of chico look baby/small but his skull is huge asf

Its not related to the size of the entire skull, but the vertical length of the maxilla. If your maxilla is vertically deficient, often in correspondence with a relatively flat occasional plane, then you have short face syndrome.

Simple test, smile and see if you have good teeth show. People with SFS need their maxilla to be lengthened via anterior downgrafting to shift teeth down to allow for a fuller smile.

Result seen here:
Maxresdefault

• +1
Reactions: DR. NICKGA, looks2, macedonpsycho and 2 others
Its not related to the size of the entire skull, but the vertical length of the maxilla. If your maxilla is vertically deficient, often in correspondence with a relatively flat occasional plane, then you have short face syndrome.

Simple test, smile and see if you have good teeth show. People with SFS need their maxilla to be lengthened via anterior downgrafting to shift teeth down to allow for a fuller smile.

Result seen here:
View attachment 2651165
say hypothetically my uper half/mf is the same as chico but my jaw is super small, if i hypothetically got bimax to hypothetically get the same jaw length would i hypothetically have the same face length as chico?

Result seen here:
View attachment 2651165
also offtopic but holy shit ltn to a sterotypical school jock

say hypothetically my uper half/mf is the same as chico but my jaw is super small, if i hypothetically got bimax to hypothetically get the same jaw length would i hypothetically have the same face length as chico?
Well most likely ye, although bimax rotations can have minor affects of PERCEIVED philtrum length from front, but overall it just changes length of lower third.

• Love it
Reactions: esoterik
Well most likely ye, although bimax rotations can have minor affects of PERCEIVED philtrum length from front, but overall it just changes length of lower third.
so it would be kinda illusionated? i would need to make calcs to get the actual perceived frontal philtrum length

Does this guy have it

so it would be kinda illusionated? i would need to make calcs to get the actual perceived frontal philtrum length
that would be pretty complicated bro, but in a nutshell:

CCWr - philtrum shorter
CWr - philtrum longer
Le Fort 1 Linear Advancement - philtrum shorter

overall if your surgeon is skilled you should get mixture of these so philtrum shouldn't change much. Heres my simulation, philtrum only around 1mm shorter despite 10.5mm posterior downgraft and 4mm advancement :

Screen Shot 2023 12 09 at 33043 pm

that would be pretty complicated bro, but in a nutshell:

CCWr - philtrum shorter
CWr - philtrum longer
Le Fort 1 Linear Advancement - philtrum shorter

overall if your surgeon is skilled you should get mixture of these so philtrum shouldn't change much. Heres my simulation, philtrum only around 1mm shorter despite 10.5mm posterior downgraft and 4mm advancement :

View attachment 2651182
would it just be more optimal to get a really good surgeon and tell him to just copy his philtrum and paste it on me instead of doing calcs my self

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 33030
basically, sfs comes in 4 forms: one is caused by overbite, like pneumo had, which can be frauded by jutting. another one is caused by vertical maxillary deficiency, which is the one i have, and i can fraud by always having my teeth float above eachother. and the other two i forgot lol.

but basically i need a longer maxilla (maxillary downgraft) and maybe cwr so im religiously chewing with my molars for that one lmao

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
short face syndrome is usually caused by a combination of a short mandible and a short ramus.

if the ramus is short but the mandible is not the mandible grows down to compensate for it, this is what down-growth is, and whilst it ruins your side profile it does save your front profile.

most people are downgrown to some extend, I've only seen a few cases of people who were able to have low gonial angles.