What is the aesthetic ratio...

D

Deleted member 9919

Bronze
... between the zygos and the jaw? At what width of the jaw (relative to the zygos) would give the face a bloated/rounded look assuming muscle atrophy of the cheek muscles (? sorry, I don't remember the correct name) has already occurred?

Serious responses pls boyos.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Deleted member 6723
Bizygomatic width should be 1.1x wider than bigonial width

That's the ideal. i dont understand what else ur talking about. Btw the cheek muscle ur talking about are the buccinators.

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Copeful, Deleted member 9919 and 2 others

Zygos wider than jaw looks good tbh

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
for masc 1:1 is good in general 1.1:1 is overall good

• +1
Reactions: 000, Deleted member 9919 and Deleted member 6723
That's the ideal. i dont understand what else ur talking about. Btw the cheek muscle ur talking about are the buccinators.

I was thinking that the measurement might take the buccinators into account. But since it doesn't, all good! Thx for the info and @JustBeCurry as well!

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6723 and JustBeCurry
Wait... so with a ratio of 1:1 or 1.1:1, then that means the upper jaw is basically really close to the edges of the cheekbones?

Wait... so with a ratio of 1:1 or 1.1:1, then that means the upper jaw is basically really close to the edges of the cheekbones?
Aren't we talking about lower jaw?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6217 and Lev Peshkov
Aren't we talking about lower jaw?

I think I'm the one who's confused lol So I'm thinking of photos of guys with good facial aesthetics and I'm wondering what their upper jaw width (really, I'm thinking of the width of the palate) is like for them to look so good & masculine without everything being thrown out of proportion. That's why I thought maybe it's the zygos to jaw width ratio that's important.

• +1
I think I'm the one who's confused lol So I'm thinking of photos of guys with good facial aesthetics and I'm wondering what their upper jaw width (really, I'm thinking of the width of the palate) is like for them to look so good & masculine without everything being thrown out of proportion. That's why I thought maybe it's the zygos to jaw width ratio that's important.
I think what u need is the ideal IMW (intermolar width, I dont know any ideal ratio for that) just search about it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6217 and Lev Peshkov
I think what u need is the ideal IMW (intermolar width, I dont know any ideal ratio for that) just search about it.

When I googled "what is aesthetic intermolar width," the first result was from looksmax.me 😂

• +1