What is the current consensus around Tripod Osteotomy? Who can get it?

SubhumanityForce

SubhumanityForce

Bronze
Does the tripod osteotomy affect the pfl? Where is the lateral canthus connected to? If let's say you will be able to get this osteotomy, will your pfl increase anyways? My pfl is huge (34mm without measuring the upper eyelid while closed, which makes it look even larger) , while my inter canthal is 30 or 31mm. My IPD is around 68mm (Opry Tier) but my CT scan shows my bizygo to be 13.6 (minimum total soft tissue for skinny guys (im fat) is 6mm so lets say i have a 140mm bizygo (Should go for 147 ideally).
The reason im asking for tripod to make the curve from mid eye towards lateral walls of orbital bones look smoother , something closer to squared orbits (can go for supras later).
But my pfl is already huge so, is there a way to get a tripod osteotomy but keep the pfl the same? (if i push my lower eyelid up btw, my eyes look good and hunterish (even tho i dont have good supra projection at all, just not gook tier)
Also, another reason is for my IPD, its better to have thicker lateral orbital walls but sometimes my lateral canthus feels like its ON TOP of the lateral walls (meaning that the inner side of the lateral orbital walls is behind and more towards the centre of the face, than my lateral canthus )
Also, can the mid to lateral part of the supraorbital be shaved to give a more squared shape? (And also help the eyelid move up to avoid this tired look when relaxed.

@RealSurgerymax @thecel @misc001

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    342.1 KB · Views: 0
People can't tell without pics and nobody offers this anyway.

People can't tell without pics and nobody offers this anyway.
In orbital decompression, epley shaves parts of the lateral walls next to the eyeball. Why wouldnt he shave a bit of the outer supra