What is the mechanism(s) behind icehooding?

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
I see no reason to believe it works until I understand the proposed mechanism. I’m too lazy to try it so yeah please explain. Don’t say brown fat conversion because that sounds like bullshit.

• +1
Reactions: Venommm_, princeofpeace and Deleted member 16133
agreed im looking into it but im not sure what to think since cryolypolysis burns fat stores in the buccal region i dont know if different proposed areas will destroy fat or gain fat but it seems like when you are exposed to cold fat heats up and is burned so i am not sure whether it works im not gonna do it until i look into it a bit more

• +1
Reactions: Venommm_, princeofpeace, Deleted member 1901 and 1 other person
I think it creates brown fat in your eyelids if you do it long term, but that‘s more like a safe mechanism that your body developed to protect the eyes if you lived in colder regions.
Just look at syberians/russians who live in colder parts of the country.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
I think it creates brown fat in your eyelids if you do it long term, but that‘s more like a safe mechanism that your body developed to protect the eyes if you lived in colder regions.
Just look at syberians/russians who live in colder parts of the country.
Brown fat is primarily created to be burnt for heat in contrast to white fat which is burnt primarily for calories. So I don’t see how brown fat conversion would be helpful long-term. Siberians could easily be explained through simply having different genes, likely as a result of natural selection. I see absolutely no reason to believe icehooding is effective.

• +1
Reactions: Venommm_
Brown fat is primarily created to be burnt for heat in contrast to white fat which is burnt primarily for calories. So I don’t see how brown fat conversion would be helpful long-term. Siberians could easily be explained through simply having different genes, likely as a result of natural selection. I see absolutely no reason to believe icehooding is effective.
Well you could try atleast.
I‘ve seen some notable progress on this forum from eyelidpulling and icehooding

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Well you could try atleast.
I‘ve seen some notable progress on this forum from eyelidpulling and icehooding
I could. But anecdotal evidence means nothing. People post subliminal “results.”

I would probably try it if I really desired more hooding. But right now my primary focus is upswing.

• +1
Reactions: Venommm_ and Deleted member 26092