What is the point of endurance activities (Running, Climbing, Parkour, etc..)

D

Deleted member 13746

Iron
Is there a purpose behind these activities? Dose it help Survival Success?

Harder than weightlifting. Gets your brain accustomed to stress and hardships. It's not that much of a physical thing for me, but a mental strength thing for me. Forcing myself to wake up at 6AM just to run outside while its still dark, hot, and musty is a painful thing

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: randomvanish, SOS-Sonic, .👽. and 3 others
Harder than weightlifting. Gets your brain accustomed to stress and hardships. It's not that much of a physical thing for me, but a mental strength thing for me. Forcing myself to wake up at 6AM just to run outside while its still dark, hot, and musty is a painful thing
Good point.

fun. don't overdo it and never on an empty stomach, this is true about exercise in general, if you dont have full glycogen stores dont exercise, the energy you get from it is purely Cortisol and Adrenaline and not good energy like Thyroid. In endurence sports you also hyperventilate, wasting CO2 and lowering your blood CO2 levels, which are important for a lot of things including oxygen utilisation

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, grimy, thereallegend and 1 other person
Good for blood flow lung 02 capacity and stamina that carries over to weight training.

also a good check to stay lean

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13746
fun. don't overdo it and never on an empty stomach, this is true about exercise in general, if you dont have full glycogen stores dont exercise, the energy you get from it is purely Cortisol and Adrenaline and not good energy like Thyroid. In endurence sports you also hyperventilate, wasting CO2 and lowering your blood CO2 levels, which are important for a lot of things including oxygen utilisation
Spoken like a true weakling. I chug my meth alternative preworkout at 6AM on empty stomach, and push my body to the limits until my muscles start cramping and I can barely walk. Then I go lift in the gym

Spoken like a true weakling. I chug my meth alternative preworkout at 6AM on empty stomach, and push my body to the limits until my muscles start cramping and I can barely walk. Then I go lift in the gym
Cortisol, Adrenaline, Prolactin and HGH surge. Have fun degenerating in a few months

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13746
Cortisol, Adrenaline, Prolactin and HGH surge. Have fun degenerating in a few months
All I hear is chicken noises. Prolactin my ass, go get some bitches on ur dick first and then come back

• WTF
Reactions: ChristianChad
Ideal. You see alot of endurancemaxxers that are undereating and running on stress hormones which give them that chewed up and spit out look.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and ChristianChad
You see alot of noob improovers waking up at the crack of dawn with no sunlight and running like a autist then fasting on top of it. Then wonder why they get no results only pain.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, thereallegend and ChristianChad
Climbing is so fucking fun dude, if you are not doing it then you are missing out.

• +1
Reactions: qsabathi
building mental strength. running 50 miles every week for over a year was life changing for me, it helped me build focus and confidence in other areas and was one of the factors that led me to finding this forum, actually

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
No, it's not harder than weightlifting. You put one foot in front of the other, over and over again. I used to jog, the hardest part is motivating yourself to get started (because it's so tedious and boring).

People do endurance activities because strength is hard. The Iron Never Lies: Trying to pick up heavy shit is going to tell you exactly how good you really are. You can't fraud most lifts, and the lifts you can fraud, you're risking hurting yourself badly. There is a reason that people who do marathons put "26.2" bumper stickers on their cars. It is literally a participation trophy for adults. Guys who lift brag about their actual lifts (read: Accomplishments), not that they just went to the gym,

No, it's not harder than weightlifting. You put one foot in front of the other, over and over again. I used to jog, the hardest part is motivating yourself to get started (because it's so tedious and boring).

People do endurance activities because strength is hard. The Iron Never Lies: Trying to pick up heavy shit is going to tell you exactly how good you really are. You can't fraud most lifts, and the lifts you can fraud, you're risking hurting yourself badly. There is a reason that people who do marathons put "26.2" bumper stickers on their cars. It is literally a participation trophy for adults. Guys who lift brag about their actual lifts (read: Accomplishments), not that they just went to the gym,
Cope. Running makes me wanna kms. Lifting is actually somewhat fun, feeling the muscle burn as you lift something up. Seeing the progress as you go. It's much more rewarding and easier to do

Cope. Running makes me wanna kms. Lifting is actually somewhat fun, feeling the muscle burn as you lift something up. Seeing the progress as you go. It's much more rewarding and easier to do
Running might make you want ot kill yourself but weightlifting makes other people want to do the same. Weightlifting is humiliating to weak people. If you stick with weights for long enough making progress will start to become very difficult. Something like running is literally just doing more and more and more and more of the same