What is the psychology behind self hatred?

Gaia262

Gaia262

Never Give Up
The voice in the back of our minds constantly criticising us , calling us names.

Ethnics hating their ethnicity

Manlets hating their height

Obese people hating their weight

Ugly people hating their looks

Why do we have this mechanism installed into us. From an evolutionary standpoint it's self destructive and inhibits your way of reproducing

Surely the right mechanism is for your mind to have lower inhibition and morality etc. Not to destroy itself.

Maybe it's an internal compass trying to guide you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Golang
Pitt mogs

REMEBER THIS LESSON

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Darkstrand, PenileFacialSurgery and 1 other person
low self esteem

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Gaia262
Everybody knows Deep down that looks matter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, CursedOne, Golang and 2 others
We are genetic trash, just random genetic noise that needs to be discarded.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, CursedOne, Golang and 1 other person
  • +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Its when you act in a way that lets down your sub conscious sense of worth. Subconsciously you can’t help but feel like deserve better, and when you do something self destructive or unproductive your subconscious lets you know by hating yourself. Sometimes that comes out in things you can change, but that’s roughly it

• +1
I've always thought it had to do with evolving in a tribal society for most of human history. If you are a burden on the tribe then you risk your tribe going extinct, and thus we have a 'kill switch' in the form of suicide - where we decide that the tribe will do better without us, end it all, and better longevity of our tribe.

• +1
Its when you act in a way that lets down your sub conscious sense of worth. Subconsciously you can’t help but feel like deserve better, and when you do something self destructive or unproductive your subconscious lets you know by hating yourself. Sometimes that comes out in things you can change, but that’s roughly it

The human mind is to survive and thrive. Look at the people who self hate on here wanting to end their lives and self deprecating "It's over," this is counterproductive from an evolutionary standpoint.

It makes more sense to trigger a low inhibition response I.e. taking a massive bank loan to pay for surgeries. Possibly killing others to get ahead etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ShredPill and 25thpercentile human
But why have this mechanism of self hating its counterproductive. You dont get a self hating hippo.

Look at what self hating produces...
When stress level is too high we can't get things done. I don't know why exactly but it could be because most of our modern day and cavemen type of task aren't the same so our body hasn't changed properly to it. Perhaps this stress helped the cavemens but is counterproductive for us. But what I said is all bullshit made up in my head so don't take it for anything.

• +1
I've always thought it had to do with evolving in a tribal society for most of human history. If you are a burden on the tribe then you risk your tribe going extinct, and thus we have a 'kill switch' in the form of suicide - where we decide that the tribe will do better without us, end it all, and better longevity of our tribe.

That would make sense from one perspective. Surely if you are surviving without the reinforcement from the tribe your subconscious would become hostile to the tribe instead of self destructing.

I think different people react differently. Someself hate , Some become low inhib, some find copes, some kill others etc

• +1
But why have this mechanism of self hating its counterproductive. You dont get a self hating hippo.

Look at what self hating produces...
wym? people self hate most likely bc they were bullied a kid. they need to cope with all that unprocessed hate so the brain copes by turning the hate into a sort of pleasure.

• +1
wym? people self hate most likely bc they were bullied a kid. they need to cope with all that unprocessed hate so the brain copes by turning the hate into a sort of pleasure.
The human mind is to survive and thrive. Look at the people who self hate on here wanting to end their lives and self deprecating "It's over," this is counterproductive from an evolutionary standpoint.

It makes more sense to trigger a low inhibition response I.e. taking a massive bank loan to pay for surgeries. Possibly killing others to get ahead etc.

• +1
ueah that’s true i never understood why suicidal and depressed people don’t go backpacking or try to escape their reality that they hate so much and start a new one but i’ve never seen in that position so i can’t know for sure.

• +1
ueah that’s true i never understood why suicidal and depressed people don’t go backpacking or try to escape their reality that they hate so much and start a new one but i’ve never seen in that position so i can’t know for sure.

This applies to pretty much everyone on this forum. We know what needs to be done , why does the human mind prefer to self hate , say things like "It's over" , we are burning our lives away on here .

The mind should basically say I have nothing to lose I will take a massive loan to fund my surgeries , I will spend 3 hours in the gym , I will just approach every girl in the nightclub. I will say and do whatever I want to anyone who does me wrong.

This is the mindset of a human trying to survive and thrive.

But here we all are...

• +1
The voice in the back of our minds constantly criticising us , calling us names.

Why do we have this mechanism installed into us. From an evolutionary standpoint it's self destructive and inhibits your way of reproducing

Surely the right mechanism is for your mind to have lower inhibition and morality etc. Not to destroy itself.

There's no such thing happening when we are very very young. Over time we start to become self conscious about our looks due to our interactions with the world and end up acquiring that self hatred.

The voice is likely to be stronger the more negatives experiences you have. You simply start to subconsciously think of ways for things to be better and Yh, looks happen to be able to do that.

Nvm i want to eat and sleep and watch horror movies rn. Aloha

• +1
There's no such thing happening when we are very very young. Over time we start to become self conscious about our looks due to our interactions with the world and end up acquiring that self hatred.

The voice is likely to be stronger the more negatives experiences you have. You simply start to subconsciously think of ways for things to be better and Yh, looks happen to be able to do that.

Nvm i want to eat and sleep and watch horror movies rn. Aloha
This applies to pretty much everyone on this forum. We know what needs to be done , why does the human mind prefer to self hate , say things like "It's over" , we are burning our lives away on here .

The mind should basically say I have nothing to lose I will take a massive loan to fund my surgeries , I will spend 3 hours in the gym , I will just approach every girl in the nightclub. I will say and do whatever I want to anyone who does me wrong.

But here we all are...

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and RAITEIII
There are realities you cannot scape from. Improvement may be achieved tho.

• +1

But here we all are...
simply because those decisions are uncomfortable and it is easier (more comfortable) to sit in your own puddle of piss and learn to enjoy it rather than get up and move.

• +1
simply because those decisions are uncomfortable and it is easier (more comfortable) to sit in your own puddle of piss and learn to enjoy it rather than get up and move.

This forum is in dire need of a drug or leader that redirects their energy from self hating/being suicidal/coping to implementing the things they learn from here.

The risks of not taking action are greater than taking action (if they can't pay back the loan the worst that happens is their credit score is damaged for a few years boo hoo, they were rotting to death anyway)

• +1
Mmm a negative mindset is likely to lead to poor decisions and unsatisfactory life circumstances...

Why would your mind be that way? I can only talk from my experience and what I believe to be true: you lack motivation.

You're not stupid, you know what you have had, what you have and what you can potentially have. And there may be bubbles of things crossing your mind, things that you can't change.

If that's very important to you, at that point you lose all strength to attempt to delude yourself or take any action.

I'm trying to be as vague as possible but your examples of why people don't take loans, hit the gym and so on have more depth what it might apparently have and it's very unlikely for someone who has not been in said circumstances to give a proper answer tbh

• +1
Mmm a negative mindset is likely to lead to poor decisions and unsatisfactory life circumstances...

Why would your mind be that way? I can only talk from my experience and what I believe to be true: you lack motivation.

You're not stupid, you know what you have had, what you have and what you can potentially have. And there may be bubbles of things crossing your mind, things that you can't change.

If that's very important to you, at that point you lose all strength to attempt to delude yourself or take any action.

I'm trying to be as vague as possible but your examples of why people don't take loans, hit the gym and so on have more depth what it might apparently have and it's very unlikely for someone who has not been in said circumstances to give a proper answer tbh

So the saying, "if you want it bad enough you will find a way" and "people get their standards" is everything . Therefore this forum should be cultivating this mindset of motivation instead of being a cesspool.

This forum needs to reward action , people who motivate others. Any negativity that could possibly get in the way of someone's acension plan should be bannable. All to instill the correct mentality.

Last edited:
  • +1
So the saying, "if you want it bad enough you will find a way" and "people get their standards" . Therefore this forum should be cultivating this mindset of motivation instead of being a cesspool.
I personally think this site has a motivational vibe.

I cannot tell anyone what mindset to have at a given point since I'm aware they must go through certain stages to process their feelings, what you call a cesspool I guess.

Forcing positivity in a deluded way is completely detrimental, too.

The key is not to permanently stay in the "cesspool" phase and move onto taking actions for reasonable improvements in your life, which will lead to a more positive mindset. These things feed each other.

• Love it
  • +1
I personally think this site has a motivational vibe.

I cannot tell anyone what mindset to have at a given point since I'm aware they must go through certain stages to process their feelings, what you call a cesspool I guess.

Forcing positivity in a deluded way is completely detrimental, too.

The key is not to permanently stay in the "cesspool" phase and move onto taking actions for reasonable improvements in your life, which will lead to a more positive mindset. These things feed each other.

Well said.

• +1

Materialism.

• +1
Genetic Incompetence

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RAITEIII and Gaia262
Low self-esteem caused by poor parenting. You could be a "shit skin" in a white society but if you are raised right by good parents it's like a shield to the BS.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, RAITEIII and Gaia262