What is the reason genetic recombination can suck for a person but not siblings (think a person is short, glasses but all the rest his bros are chad)

Deleted member 1242

Deleted member 1242

Iron
I've always been curious of the science behind why. If evolution weeds out the weak how can this be done?

mom skipped out with the postman

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, mikeock, Deleted member 245 and 5 others
The genes are randomly mixed: imagine an intellectual genius marrying a Stacy - his daughters get the mother's body and their father's brain, but his only son gets the mother's brain and the father's body, so he's pretty much finished...

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, PjSon, mikeock and 6 others
The genes are randomly mixed: imagine an intellectual genius marrying a Stacy - his daughters get the mother's body and their father's brain, but his only son gets the mother's brain and the father's body, so he's pretty much finished...
you think that would happen with a 5'2 mom and a 6'2 dad? lol

Sometimes yes - the son could get the mother's height and his dad personality let's say, genetic recombination is very tricky, there are also dormant or recessive genes and a person could end up looking completely different than his parents - he could look more like his grand-parents or great-grandparents.

• +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome and ChaddeusPeuterschmit

Yes - exact same parent heights. I have everything from my father except height, 5'10. It's enough. Meanwhile younger brother has everything from my mother except height, 13 and 5'9.

I've always been curious of the science behind why. If evolution weeds out the weak how can this be done?

You can mitigate the impact of genetic recombination with PGD which is available now its about $10-$20k dollars.

I made a post on it. Yes only eye colour is out now, with skin , height and hair colour on the horizon. Just get a high quality female donor and you are pretty much set.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Uninspired Solipsist and Adrenochrome

Adding to what others said environmental factors during development have a huge impact too, IE maybe the mom was stressed during the pregnancy with one son but not the others, maybe money was short for a few years so nutrition was poor, maybe a dirty environment caused his body to prioritize developing the immune system over sexual characteristics, etc
I'm sure that would tie to epigenetics too, which I don't know too much about though.

Sometimes yes - the son could get the mother's height and his dad personality let's say, genetic recombination is very tricky, there are also dormant or recessive genes and a person could end up looking completely different than his parents - he could look more like his grand-parents or great-grandparents.
I'm glad my boomer dad has a short body but a hyper masculine personality lmao.
Adding to what others said environmental factors during development have a huge impact too, IE maybe the mom was stressed during the pregnancy with one son but not the others, maybe money was short for a few years so nutrition was poor, maybe a dirty environment caused his body to prioritize developing the immune system over sexual characteristics, etc
I'm sure that would tie to epigenetics too, which I don't know too much about though.
What would it look like if a person prioritized immune and what do you mean by sexual?

Last edited:
Evolution acts on populations, not individuals.
Also meiosis is very random, there is something called crossing over and independent assortment that means you can get completely fucked or blessed, having parents with more good traits just makes it more likely that you won’t get fucked

Those idiots have hunter eyes and good forward growth but I'm not like that.

Orthodontics, orthodontics...

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227