What Is The Recovery Like For BSSO?

T

ToursOverBoyo2020

Kraken
Is it a difficult surgery to recover from? What's the timeline like?

it’s not that bad if you get it by itself. liquid diet for a week or two, then soft food for a couple weeks. pain isn’t that bad honestly, the worst part is just getting enough calories the first couple days. you will probably lose some weight. swelling is also annoying but that varies on an individual basis.

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1, Good_Little_Goy and ToursOverBoyo2020
it’s not that bad if you get it by itself. liquid diet for a week or two, then soft food for a couple weeks. pain isn’t that bad honestly, the worst part is just getting enough calories the first couple days. you will probably lose some weight. swelling is also annoying but that varies on an individual basis.
its definitely way worse than that

• +1
Reactions: Sergio-OMS
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, sandcelmuttcel and ToursOverBoyo2020

Did you have to wear braces post surgery? How much did your looks improve? How much did surgery cost? Was the surgery worth it?

Did you have to wear braces post surgery? How much did your looks improve? How much did surgery cost? Was the surgery worth it?
Yeah I had to wear braces for a few months. I look much better afterwards, much more symmetrical and better jaw alignment. Surgery was basically free and covered by insurance. I paid literally nothing. I think there was like a couple thousand dollars worth of hospital fees but my parents paid for it. Definitely worth it, I would do it again

• +1
Reactions: ToursOverBoyo2020
Yeah I had to wear braces for a few months. I look much better afterwards, much more symmetrical and better jaw alignment. Surgery was basically free and covered by insurance. I paid literally nothing. I think there was like a couple thousand dollars worth of hospital fees but my parents paid for it. Definitely worth it, I would do it again

Nice, how did you manage to get it covered by insurance?

Nice, how did you manage to get it covered by insurance?
i had a diagnosed underbite, and in the USA any type of malocclusion (underbite, overbite, crossbite, openbite etc.) is deemed a functional deformity and is therefore covered by most types of insurance. You just have to find some surgeons who participate with your insurance plan and then go set up some consultations

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1 and ToursOverBoyo2020
i had a diagnosed underbite, and in the USA any type of malocclusion (underbite, overbite, crossbite, openbite etc.) is deemed a functional deformity and is therefore covered by most types of insurance. You just have to find some surgeons who participate with your insurance plan and then go set up some consultations

Thanks for the info boyo! Appreciate it.

• +1
Reactions: highT
LOL okay. I’ve literally had the surgery myself but sure man
lol you just said you had underbite retard.
plus what about the video i sent above?

I wonder if this sort of surgery is covered for (mostly) in Australia conditional on being diagnosed with the sort of stuff @highT mentioned.

I don't want to have to spend 50k AUD to undo my subhumanity.

lol you just said you had underbite retard.
plus what about the video i sent above?
You’re seriously braindead and have zero knowledge about anything surgery related if you think that underbite patients don’t get BSSO. It happens literally all the time. I also had a lefort I done at the same time. Also known as “double jaw surgery” aka bimax.

IDGAF about your video JFL. You expect me to watch 24 minutes of that?? I came in this thread to share MY OWN experience, as someone who has fucking had the surgery myself, you ungrateful retarded twink faggot

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: coolguy1, Eduardo DOV, ToursOverBoyo2020 and 1 other person
I wonder if this sort of surgery is covered for (mostly) in Australia conditional on being diagnosed with the sort of stuff @highT mentioned.

I don't want to have to spend 50k AUD to undo my subhumanity.
I’m not familiar at all with the health care system in Australia but I would assume that if you have any doctors able to document the fact that you have a legit medical condition (underbite, overbite, crossbite, openbite, sleep apnea, TMJ disorder, etc.) then yes you are more likely to have insurance coverage for corrective surgery. But yeah if you don’t have any functional issues and it is purely cosmetic, insurance companies won’t be wanting to pay for it

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ArgentineOmicron and ToursOverBoyo2020