What is the white/blackpill on U-shaped osteotomies? (Maxilla)

D

Dog

Banned
hard to justify bimax when your bites ok

alright bros the way i see it like a sliding genioplasty wouldnt be the solution if you have an overbite a u shaped osteotomy (paranasal ((side of nostrls)) + premaxillary ((upper lip/philtrum))) wouldnt be the solution if you have an underbite, but assuming your bite is fine then a genioplasty would be right for you, but what about a u-shaped osteotomy? implants seem like a no go because from what ive heard from people who got them they feel uncomfortable and distort your smile, but maybe they got ones that were too much for their face to handle ? idk

i'm thinkin with an osteotomy they give you whats within your body's natural limit whereas with an implant they can go any size which has the possibility of going too large looking ridiculous and causing discomfort, but again idk

don't know if it actually does anything to the premaxilla tbh, jawsurgeryforums doesnt mention it but "U" seems like it implies the bottom and the sides 🤷‍♂️

Since you already typed an essay across 4 comments and look interested about this, can you find out what do I do if my jaws are aligned but I have a 10mm overbite (Im not kidding I'm almost a case study). bsso + chin shave?

Since you already typed an essay across 4 comments and look interested about this, can you find out what do I do if my jaws are aligned but I have a 10mm overbite (Im not kidding I'm almost a case study). bsso + chin shave?
i just dont know my friend