What is your favourite type of curry?

P

plukee

Moved on with life 🤍
I personally like chicken korma with some rice, i will usually order mint sauce on the side aswell and place the korma on top of the rice. What’s your favourite curry?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29078
Butter chicken sometimes order lamb bhuna

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29078, ReadBooksEveryday, plukee and 1 other person
dont eat subhuman food

• JFL
Reactions: MagaPutinism and stevielake
Salludon Masala

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, Deleted member 30432, PointOfNoReturn and 2 others
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 29078, ReadBooksEveryday, Deleted member 16275 and 3 others
Subhumans make it
Doesn’t mean its subhuman. Average looksmaxxer logic moment

Curry is anabolic af and is great for the bulk bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29078
Doesn’t mean its subhuman. Average looksmaxxer logic moment

Curry is anabolic af and is great for the bulk bro
Great for stench bulking yeah

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 30432 and plukee
The ones that don't infest looksmax.org

• JFL
Reactions: plukee
I think Delhites are pretty cool. Punjabis are meh. Marathis are welcome too.

• JFL
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday and plukee
When you’re so deep into psl your phone autocorrects to incel celebrity
When you're so deep into psl you think of Indians when you hear "curry" and not the food

• JFL
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday and plukee
When you're so deep into psl you think of Indians when you hear "curry" and not the food
[IMG alt="optimisticzoomer"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/l/7/7354.jpg?1674090122[/IMG] [ATTACH type="full"]2331380[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 14815.jpg
    14815.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday
One without turmeric and not made into a sauce in which case a dry rub using the same spices everyone on earth uses on food, so a western curry I suppose.

• +1
One without turmeric and not made into a sauce in which case a dry rub using the same spices everyone on earth uses on food, so a western curry I suppose.
Another based normal answer also very good choice

Another based normal answer also very good choice
Idk why these jeets use the fucking turmeric and forgot the other spice which literally just adds curry smell and ruins the taste when a dry rub is far superior on cooked meat, I guess they just want to stick to traditions even tho removing these 2 elements greatly enhances the flavor in every way. Not to mention it’s 10x as visibly appealing.

• +1
Idk why these jeets use the fucking turmeric and forgot the other spice which literally just adds curry smell and ruins the taste when a dry rub is far superior on cooked meat, I guess they just want to stick to traditions even tho removing these 2 elements greatly enhances the flavor in every way. Not to mention it’s 10x as visibly appealing.
Gotta stick to traditions, man. It’s what makes it unique.

• +1
Gotta stick to traditions, man. It’s what makes it unique.
Literally the only that separates the Indian curry from a western blend of spices is the turmeric and one other spice, the rest of flavors are Indian in origin like cloves, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom etc which have gotten very popular in cooking.

• +1
Nah traditions get boring after awhile
Let’s agree to disagree. I am a traditionalist. I even wear a kameez in my free time even though I live in the west. Obviously when I go to college again I will blend in.
Literally the only that separates the Indian curry from a western blend of spices is the turmeric and one other spice, the rest of flavors are Indian in origin like cloves, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom etc which have gotten very popular in cooking.
I can’t say as I never had the same dish with and without turmeric. Maybe the taste is the same, maybe it’s different. I can’t say until I’ve tried both versions. What is the other spice you mentioned?

• +1
Let’s agree to disagree. I am a traditionalist. I even wear a kameez in my free time even though I live in the west. Obviously when I go to college again I will blend in.
Yeah my bad, my sentence was an understatement

• +1
Reactions: Gengar

I can’t say as I never had the same dish with and without turmeric. Maybe the taste is the same, maybe it’s different. I can’t say until I’ve tried both versions. What is the other spice you mentioned?
I can’t remember but if u look up garam masala it’s all the usual spices and ingredients that the whole world cooks with, literally one ingredient adds the unappealing color and another adds to the pungent odor, the thing about Indian cooking is it was designed to be incredibly healthy, so those 2 ingredients are very healthy along with the other spices that add to the health benefits, Indian food aside from the obv super deep fried stuff is some of the most healthiest stuff on the planet and contains many anti disease elements.

• +1
Yeah my bad, my sentence was an understatement
What kind of South Asian are you?
I can’t remember but if u look up garam masala it’s all the usual spices and ingredients that the whole world cooks with, literally one ingredient adds the unappealing color and another adds to the pungent odor, the thing about Indian cooking is it was designed to be incredibly healthy, so those 2 ingredients are very healthy along with the other spices that add to the health benefits, Indian food aside from the obv super deep fried stuff is some of the most healthiest stuff on the planet and contains many anti disease elements.
I’m Pakistani. We use garam masala as well (lol, my phone autocorrected garam to haram). So I’m familiar with South Asian spices. The only thing I don’t like about South Asian spices are the small black balls that give off a very strong taste, especially if you accidentally chew it.

Fully agree on the last things you mentioned. Hence why i eat curry a lot

Fully agree on the last things you mentioned. Hence why i eat curry a lot
90% of these people all around the world have no idea that most of the spices they use are exclusively Indian in origin and they are literally eating a different cultural form of curry, imagine all these food cultures around the world without Indian based spices and ingredients, their food culture would become very bland and over.

90% of these people all around the world have no idea that most of the spices they use are exclusively Indian in origin and they are literally eating a different cultural form of curry, imagine all these food cultures around the world without Indian based spices and ingredients, their food culture would become very bland and over.
Is that so? I genuinely didn’t know most people didn’t think that lmao. Britain we’re literally notorious for taking spices from india when they colonised it lmao

Is that so? I genuinely didn’t know most people didn’t think that lmao. Britain we’re literally notorious for taking spices from india when they colonised it lmao
I think people just assume that all these spices grew everywhere and didn't know these were exclusively Indian in origin and Indian flavors, things like black pepper, cinnamon, cloves I can see the average person never thinking these are literally indian flavors and major components of curry. When they heard of indian spices they were assuming some obscure chilis and such not such basic staples in many dishes within their own cuisines.

• +1
For some reason, I thought you were a fellow South Asian. Ha.
Nah im white af bro living in a place that’s literally worse than india (scotland)

• JFL
Nah im white af bro living in a place that’s literally worse than india (scotland)
What makes you like curry so much? As a South Asian I’m very glad to see you’re enjoying our cuisine. :p

• +1
What makes you like curry so much? As a South Asian I’m very glad to see you’re enjoying our cuisine. :p
I just love food around the world more than European food cause generally speaking ethnics know how to add flavour to there food and make it appetising

• +1
I just love food around the world more than European food cause generally speaking ethnics know how to add flavour to there food and make it appetising
Ayy. My man! Have you tried South Asian sweets too? Like gulab jamun, jalebi, barfi, etc?

• +1
Ayy. My man! Have you tried South Asian sweets too? Like gulab jamun, jalebi, barfi, etc?
No i have not im afraid. Have seen other people try it tho from what i can remember on like these vlog channels from 2013-2017. Some of them genuinely looked much better western sweets

• +1
No i have not im afraid. Have seen other people try it tho from what i can remember on like these vlog channels from 2013-2017. Some of them genuinely looked much better western sweets
They’re my favorites. But western sweets are awesome too, for examples I love donuts. Since you live in the UK, I think you may come across a South Asian store that sells these things. Keep in mind, the taste can vary from store to store so if one store sold it and you didn’t like the taste as much, make sure to try another store first. Maybe you truly don’t like the taste, but so far everyone I have made it taste (non-Pakistanis) they all loved it. Also keep in mind since Indians are usually vegetarians, for milk-based sweets, they will likely use other types of milk, such as buffalo milk, while Pakistanis use cow milk. I have never had any South Asian sweet made from buffalo milk, so I can’t say how much the taste would differ, but I do think it will taste differently. So try both an Indian and a Pakistani store if you have those over there.

• +1
They’re my favorites. But western sweets are awesome too, for examples I love donuts. Since you live in the UK, I think you may come across a South Asian store that sells these things. Keep in mind, the taste can vary from store to store so if one store sold it and you didn’t like the taste as much, make sure to try another store first. Maybe you truly don’t like the taste, but so far everyone I have made it taste (non-Pakistanis) they all loved it. Also keep in mind since Indians are usually vegetarians, for milk-based sweets, they will likely use other types of milk, such as buffalo milk, while Pakistanis use cow milk. I have never had any South Asian sweet made from buffalo milk, so I can’t say how much the taste would differ, but I do think it will taste differently. So try both an Indian and a Pakistani store if you have those over there.
Yes bro I will do if I ever come across one one day. Also I haven’t had buffalo milk but I have had buffalo cheese which idk if it uses the same stuff. It’s far different than cows to say anyways

• +1
Yes bro I will do if I ever come across one one day. Also I haven’t had buffalo milk but I have had buffalo cheese which idk if it uses the same stuff. It’s far different than cows to say anyways
Awesome, if you do come across it and tried it make sure to let me know! Would love to hear what you thought. Also, are you talking about buffalo mozzarella? I just googled it and it’s made from buffalo milk. So yeah then what I assumed is correct; Indian sweets will taste different than their Pakistani counterparts. I might have to check out an Indian store. I actually have made gulab jamun before myself, tasted really good (not trying to self-compliment). I also made barfi and I’d say it’s very time-consuming and slow compared to gulab jamun.

• +1
Awesome, if you do come across it and tried it make sure to let me know! Would love to hear what you thought. Also, are you talking about buffalo mozzarella? I just googled it and it’s made from buffalo milk. So yeah then what I assumed is correct; Indian sweets will taste different than their Pakistani counterparts. I might have to check out an Indian store. I actually have made gulab jamun before myself, tasted really good (not trying to self-compliment). I also made barfi and I’d say it’s very time-consuming and slow compared to gulab jamun.
Yes bro i will let you know and yes it was buffalo mozzarella i was referring too

• +1
Yes bro i will let you know and yes it was buffalo mozzarella i was referring too
Thanks bhai! Hope you come across it soon and that you also will like it. :)

• +1
I personally like chicken korma with some rice, i will usually order mint sauce on the side aswell and place the korma on top of the rice. What’s your favourite curry?
Roti and curry chicken

• +1
There's like a baguette chicken curry salad. Insanely good. Add some tomato, spinach in a soft bun.

• Love it
There's like a baguette chicken curry salad. Insanely good. Add some tomato, spinach in a soft bun.
Or it's more like a skagenröra with chicken instead of shrimp (creamy)

• Love it