what is your guys favorite philosophies and why

Fr0st

Fr0st

Bronze
I'm curious to see opposing view points to mine I'm trying to expand my ideas so feel free to list whatever view points you have.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52345
you should do what feels good

• +1
Reactions: Fr0st
I don't have one
I realise nothing is for certain
I had a phase of nihilism but I don't subscribe to any particular philosophy

• +1
Reactions: noobs
  • +1
I don't have one
I realise nothing is for certain
I had a phase of nihilism but I don't subscribe to any particular philosophy
hm interesting if you had to pin point one singular belief would (which i know your opposed to) would it be closer to absurdism or Existentialism?

That's retarded.
that’s how every animal lives and how humans have survived
If something hurts it’s bad for you obviously if on the other hand it feels good it’s good for you. Discounting artificial things

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
I'm curious to see opposing view points to mine I'm trying to expand my ideas so feel free to list whatever view points you have.
life's too short to subscribe to anything other than absurdism.

• +1
Reactions: Clqs and Fr0st
that’s how every animal lives and how humans have survived
If something hurts it’s bad for you obviously if on the other hand it feels good it’s good for you. Discounting artificial things
We don't live in an environment driven by natural patterns, your body cannot distinguish between what's artificial and what's not.

don’t know the fancy names i just believe your body knows what’s best for it
haha yea i get it the names are just a tag for college professors to sound more eloquent if i may ask what led you to thinking like this?

We don't live in an environment driven by natural patterns, your body cannot distinguish between what's artificial and what's not.

Discounting artificial things

haha yea i get it the names are just a tag for college professors to sound more eloquent if i may ask what led you to thinking like this?
it’s logical that your body would know what to do, if humans had to fight their bodies do you really think we would be a successful species?

it’s logical that your body would know what to do, if humans had to fight their bodies do you really think we would be a successful species?
to play devils advocate what grounds does this have on morality? id understand on a physical basis such as whether or not to touch a stove ect but what about regarding the existence of objective negative emotions? with this line of thinking do you believe in a pre instilled sense of morality?

as I said before your frame of work only works in the slums of the woods, you can't turn off your brain and navigate modern life.

to play devils advocate what grounds does this have on morality? id understand on a physical basis such as whether or not to touch a stove ect but what about regarding the existence of objective negative emotions? with this line of thinking do you believe in a pre instilled sense of morality?
Morality is biologically encoded so he's right in that regard.

All philosophy are flawed
Only Islam is correct

• JFL
Reactions: silencio and Lulleko
Morality is biologically encoded so he's right in that regard.
ive been wondering about that how could morality be genetically predisposed? isnt morality based off culture and society ie it was okay to make gay jokes 30 years ago but now you are shunned if you even utter such a thing is only the basis of taking another life instilled upon birth?

• +1
Reactions: Bonecel01
All philosophy are flawed
Only Islam is correct
you can have philosophy based in morals coincide with religion such as Charles Taylor restricting thought based off religion will only lead to the halt of new thought

I am a christian however I don't completely obey the bible and I am a fence sitter on most things

Not really. I'm not going to take your arguments in good faith
Im just gonna say this
You have been brainwashed by a presentism fallacy

• Hmm...
Reactions: gr34ter
I am a christian however I don't completely obey the bible and I am a fence sitter on most things
what things if you mind me asking politics? objective moral grounds?

ive been wondering about that how could morality be genetically predisposed? isnt morality based off culture and society ie it was okay to make gay jokes 30 years ago but now you are shunned if you even utter such a thing is only the basis of taking another life instilled upon birth?
We see non sentient animals display basic empathy, even ants, now that's not to say there is an objective moral framework encoded in the human genome but the building blocks that allow such ideas to appear are found among humans universally (except for disabilities such as psychopathy), and this is where human sentience comes into play, how and why our morals manifest often depends on the environment and the intelligence of the society, a member of an underdeveloped shithole will torture a thief due to his lack of abstraction but someone from a more intelligent society can reason why a thief would resort to such acts and determine appropriate punishment like jail time or a fine.

• +1
We see non sentient animals display basic empathy, even ants, now that's not to say there is an objective moral framework encoded in the human genome but the building blocks that allow such ideas to appear are found among humans universally (except for disabilities such as psychopathy), and this is where human sentience comes into play, how and why our morals manifest often depends on the environment and the intelligence of the society, a member of an underdeveloped shithole will torture a thief due to his lack of abstraction but someone from a more intelligent society can reason why a thief would resort to such acts and determine appropriate punishment like jail time or a fine.
but isnt the thought and meaning behing absurdism go against the very point of it? isnt the point of absurdism that everyting is irrational and to not try and find meaning within it? by the way thank you for the explanation i understand it much better now.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Lulleko
My ideology is not caring and doing what I can to get pussy in the future.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: gr34ter and 6ft6inches
what things if you mind me asking politics? objective moral grounds?
Mostly just gays and trannies, they should have the freedom to repent for their sin of sodomy but if they wont then they shouldn't be accepted

hm interesting if you had to pin point one singular belief would (which i know your opposed to) would it be closer to absurdism or Existentialism?
Probably absurdism
My outlook kinda changes depending on my mood/motivation levels, but I don't really have a view of creating your own "purpose", more just do whatever you can to live a comfortable but also not boring life

Mostly just gays and trannies, they should have the freedom to repent for their sin of sodomy but if they wont then they shouldn't be accepted
but isnt that against the idea of fence sitting fence sitting would be "well i dont have any opinion regarding transexuals it doesnt concern me" doesnt the idea of ostracization go against a by partisan view point? ( by the way im playing devils advocate dont come after me lmao)

but isnt the thought and meaning behing absurdism go against the very point of it? isnt the point of absurdism that everyting is irrational and to not try and find meaning within it? by the way thank you for the explanation i understand it much better now.
my explanation as to why morality has a biological background has no relation to absurdism, absurdism is simply a twist on nihilism and the idea of living for the sake of living since our predicament is too comedic and absurd, we're apes on a floating rock stressing about the meaning of life only to disappear and be forgotten about no matter what we do, in layman terms, It's genuinely over.

• +1
The Unabomber's philosophy

but isnt that against the idea of fence sitting fence sitting would be "well i dont have any opinion regarding transexuals it doesnt concern me" doesnt the idea of ostracization go against a by partisan view point? ( by the way im playing devils advocate dont come after me lmao)
kind of meant fence sitting as 'these people dont bother me on a personal level but they go against my religion'

• +1
my explanation as to why morality has a biological background has no relation to absurdism, absurdism is simply a twist on nihilism and the idea of living for the sake of living since our predicament is too comedic and absurd, we're apes on a floating rock stressing about the meaning of life only to disappear and be forgotten about no matter what we do, in layman terms, It's genuinely over.
i see thank you i understand it much better now def going into my notes

kind of meant fence sitting as 'these people dont bother me on a personal level but they go against my religion'
ahhh i see i get it now

• +1
Reactions: gr34ter
The Unabomber's philosophy
you cant really pinpoint an ideology/philosophy on ted infact he outwardly denounces ideology's and previous political/ philosophical theories along with his. if i had to pinpoint it its closest to neo luddism which is just a opposition to technology

• +1
Reactions: Obamalama
The only time in which something can be created from nothing, is within your imagination.

With that, and the nature of our disconnected sensory nerves from our brain, and the calculated likelihood of simulation theory overall

It seems most likely to me, that this entire world is simply a thought, within the mind of God,

and all of us were created in self-perceived-physicality
(nothing is really physically real but if we all have a common agreement about what is being perceived, it will appear real to us as humans in the third dimension)

He segmented himself into souls on earth, to give himself meaning, which is synonymous with giving us meaning, for we are him.

God wouldn't leave some of himself to govern reality, because he wouldn't have split intentions, if he wanted to experience physical reality, no part of him would remain outside of his own illusion

So we are all God, when we die, and remember that, what I fear, is that what really happens:

Is we realize how lonely it is to not be deceived by yourself, a self created fantasy is the only solution to God's inherent isolation and meaningless-ness

So it's not the death trap, the reptiles don't get you,

You put yourself back in the simulation because to be alone outside of it is terrifying

• +1
The only time in which something can be created from nothing, is within your imagination.

With that, and the nature of our disconnected sensory nerves from our brain, and the calculated likelihood of simulation theory overall

It seems most likely to me, that this entire world is simply a thought, within the mind of God,

and all of us were created in self-perceived-physicality
(nothing is really physically real but if we all have a common agreement about what is being perceived, it will appear real to us as humans in the third dimension)

He segmented himself into souls on earth, to give himself meaning, which is synonymous with giving us meaning, for we are him.

God wouldn't leave some of himself to govern reality, because he wouldn't have split intentions, if he wanted to experience physical reality, no part of him would remain outside of his own illusion

So we are all God, when we die, and remember that, what I fear, is that what really happens:

Is we realize how lonely it is to not be deceived by yourself, a self created fantasy is the only solution to God's inherent isolation and meaningless-ness

So it's not the death trap, the reptiles don't get you,

You put yourself back in the simulation because to be alone outside of it is terrifying
this is called pantheism if you wanna read something similar to this id suggest Baruch Spinoza or Walter Whitman both are very respected and revered pantheists

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
this is called pantheism if you wanna read something similar to this id suggest Baruch Spinoza or Walter Whitman both are very respected and revered pantheists
Sheit thanks brodie I would have never found that on my own :feelshah:

• +1
Sheit thanks brodie I would have never found that on my own :feelshah:
np one of my contemporary's in my philosophy class was a pantheist so i know a lot about the philosophy

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
Atheism

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Fr0st and Bonecel01
stirners der einzige und sein eigentum

• +1
-Nothing exists eternally.
-We don't come here with a mission, nature doesn't have a purpose more than keeping itself alive.
-We aren't so different than other beings in earth.
-Nothing really matters, only existence.
-Human mission is only to take care of the world, they live to maintain it without a further idea of the future.
-Humans are hopeful and depend on the will.
-When they can't find the will, there's no hope left and anxiety comes to destroy your idea of the world.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: cromagnon and Fr0st
as I said before your frame of work only works in the slums of the woods, you can't turn off your brain and navigate modern life.
i never claimed it to be an absolute but there’s many situations in people follow their mind instead of their body when it is wrong.
for some basic examples:
-the whole train hard go beyond your limits bullshit and people like david goggins who torture their bodies thinking it’s good for them
-putting children in schools where they have to sit and listen when they naturally want to run around and play

• +1
i never claimed it to be an absolute but there’s many situations in people follow their mind instead of their body when it is wrong.
for some basic examples:
-the whole train hard go beyond your limits bullshit and people like david goggins who torture their bodies thinking it’s good for them
-putting children in schools where they have to sit and listen when they naturally want to run around and play
It's good for their soul you don't get it

Goggins is a god among men.

He destroys his body to prove to himself that his mind is strong, and he does it over and over again so he can always be sure hes right about himself

Such utter G gangsta behavior

Embrace of the mind over the body is what makes the difference between npc's and real niggas

You demean him for being more than an animal, simply to encourage your own lack of self triumph.

• +1
Elitism like china or Russia and anti-democratic thought
I don’t feel like typing out paragraphs so here’s a video on it

• +1