• Difficulty understanding social cues

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Other reasons (share?)

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
DarkAscender

DarkAscender

game of bones
For me, I grew up in a really broken and abusive household. It wasn’t a great environment, and it ended up pushing me to isolate myself. I coped by playing video games all day from a young age, and that went on for years.

Because of that, I never really developed good social skills. Growing up, I was always anxious around people, and even now, I still get that feeling sometimes. It sucks.

I’m guessing some of you might’ve gone through similar stuff, things that shaped your personality in ways you didn’t really want. You don’t have to share if you don’t want to, but there’s an anonymous vote if you’d rather do that.

I’m just curious.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Samuel Jackson, PROMETHEUS, NoLongerHuman and 11 others
tough times last tough people dont last

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Sprinkles, NorwoodAscender and DarkAscender
in my case it was all except for abusive household

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: NorwoodAscender, Darkeningstar and DarkAscender
Ldar for 4 years

• +1
Reactions: uksucks, NorwoodAscender and DarkAscender
Lonely childhood parents weren't at home and I had no friends, I didn't learned any skills. My only friend in school was the teacher, things that occur to aspies. I sitted in a corner to eat my food, others tried to bully me but I defended myself. I barely had friends in my entire life I think just 4. No social circle in college/uni. Girls also rejected me when I was in highschool.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: DarkAscender, NorwoodAscender and Darkeningstar
Who fucking knows

• +1
Reactions: DarkAscender and NorwoodAscender
My entire HS experience was spent rotting on this one Discord server, I was ostracized from it a while ago since these dumbasses wanted to "reform" and now it's just an inner circle of me and two other degens. It was very alluring since I had no friends IRL and I never felt my presence and attention being reciprocated in such a way before, where people actually wanted to talk to me and I didn't have to put myself down for validation. Girls would walk by me and laugh almost daily and they would fake flirt with me to expect a reaction like they do with autists and speds.
I was fat and weak so I ended up losing a lot of fights growing up, too highinhib to confont people that gave me shit so I ended up being a recluse and avoiding people. Chubby late bloomer with a squeaky voice made me easy pickings.
During my middle school years the only validation I would gain was from jestermaxxing. When I slowly realized that those people I put myself down for thought of me as nothing but a plaything that they would toss out the moment my entertainment no longer sufficed it hit me like a train.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: DarkAscender, FUE Mogger and NorwoodAscender
All combined

• +1
Reactions: geenk worg, DarkAscender and NorwoodAscender
I voted for 4 of those and the other, I’ll only elaborate on the other.

One is life instability, growing up my family kept moving. And the timing on it kept screwing me over in particular. I went to 3 different high schools, but my brother went to the same one for all 4 years and that’s part of why he’s so much more NT than me. I remember junior year of high school, I had this glow up in looks and I made a bunch of friends and there were at least a few girls who I 100% knew liked me. But then boom, moved out of the area. College was similar, I made so much progress socially, lost my KV, had a really good year and a half but then had to drop out and then I moved out of that area altogether, which is my biggest regret in life. I had a 3rd chance with a pretty cool living situation and housemates in 2019-2020, but then covid hit and I wanted to be alone and away from society because I didn’t know what was gonna happen. I haven’t made a friend or hung out with a girl since then.

The other is physical health issues. I had digestive problems that were not resolved until two years ago when I was 28. Gut biomes and etc., your gut is one of your brains and eating the wrong food or being physically unhealthy is a massive NTminn.

• +1
Reactions: silently_said and DarkAscender
Unless you are chad being NT to people who are not really close will be considered talkative and annoying. I am only NT to people who are close to me.

• +1
Reactions: DarkAscender
Overly protective mom tbh

• +1
Reactions: silently_said and DarkAscender
For me, I grew up in a really broken and abusive household. It wasn’t a great environment, and it ended up pushing me to isolate myself. I coped by playing video games all day from a young age, and that went on for years.

Because of that, I never really developed good social skills. Growing up, I was always anxious around people, and even now, I still get that feeling sometimes. It sucks.

I’m guessing some of you might’ve gone through similar stuff, things that shaped your personality in ways you didn’t really want. You don’t have to share if you don’t want to, but there’s an anonymous vote if you’d rather do that.

I’m just curious.
All of the above except bullying and rotting. I only started rotting as a now self aware adult

• +1
Was inferior in teen social circles and left on my own, because I was getting cucked (other guys stealing girls I like). In NT circles there are winners and losers. I was gonna be a loser anyway (inferior looks, debate abilities, status and money from parents), so I just isolated myself.

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles
Make polls public next time not private

How else will I see how messed up other users are

• +1
Holy shit I nearly voted all of them it’s so fucking over :lul::lul:

• +1
A lot of reasons

• +1

I’m just curious.
Wym non nt

Born this way (autistic, ADHD, etc.)​

this is literally the only way

• +1
Traumas + years of isolation

I actually have social skills and i used them when i was in highschool

But the darkness in my subconscious pushed me inside the cave.

• +1
7th grade brutal bulling, needed it though because I would still be sub-human.

• +1