What makes 'saddled' infraorbital rim implants better than non-saddled.

D

Deleted member 20914

Master
Title

• +1
Reactions: angelo
It raises your eyelid, so that you do not have a typical high-cheekbone look with large orbits.

This is a high cheekbone look with vertically wide orbits:
intro-1652723172.jpg

Look at his lower lid. It is not even, and he looks like he has dark circles. In short, the eyelid kinda is behind the cheekbone in profile.

WIth saddles, the lower part of the eyelid is pushed forward, and the lower margin is also pushed up. Saddles modify the orbit to make it more compact. As a result, there is not indentation between the anterior cheekbone/infra-rim and the lid. And eyes also might become more almond shaped.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Aspiemogger, SteveRogers, Boxingfan and 8 others
It raises your eyelid, so that you do not have a typical high-cheekbone look with large orbits.

intro-1652723172.jpg

Look at his lower lid. It is not even, and he looks like he has dark circles. In short, the eyelid kinda is behind the cheekbone in profile.

WIth saddles, the lower part of the eyelid is pushed forward, and the lower margin is also pushed up. Saddles modify the orbit to make it more compact. As a result, there is not indentation between the anterior cheekbone/infra-rim and the lid. And eyes also might become more almond shaped.
high IQ reply ngl

• +1
Reactions: Artemis

intro-1652723172.jpg

That makes a lot of sense, I will get saddles in this case.

intro-1652723172.jpg

If it raises your lower eyelid why not just get this instead of canthoplasty?

That makes a lot of sense, I will get saddles in this case.
If you find who s gonna do it lol, unless you are very rich :feelsrope:

I was looking for a surgeon, but in EU it is only Pagnoni who does them, and the prices are insane given the amount of work, and possibility of complications

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 23554
Look at his lower lid. It is not even, and he looks like he has dark circles.
I have similar facial structure and I'm boned
Fug : D

• +1
If it raises your lower eyelid why not just get this instead of canthoplasty?
Because it is harder, few surgeons can do it (standard oculoplastic surgeons often do not deal with implants, only maxfacs do), and also you did not fully grasp what i was trying to explain.

Canthoplasty CAN be a legit alternative to saddle implants, AND retraction surgery with grafts can also be even BETTER than saddles. The If you just want your lower eyelid up, THESE are the procedures you want, not the implant. The implants has too many risks, and it is NOT a preferred solution.

BUT the implant ALSO MOVES YOUR RIM FORWARD. It modifies the THICKNESS of the lower eyelid. It move the eyelid FORWARD.

I unfortunately do not have pics. i have a set of pics of one user here, who has perfect eyelids that demonstrate this effect (not doxxing). But maybe you can get it from this video:

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer

intro-1652723172.jpg

why not eyelid retraction over saddles?

also are infra implants really worth it if you dont have shit infras to being with?

why not eyelid retraction over saddles?
The question was in general about saddles, so i was answering the question. Eyelid retraction surgery with graft is actually superior to saddles in terms of giving a better shape: it is a more controllable procedure.
also are infra implants really worth it if you dont have shit infras to being with?
No, in that case there is def. no point IMO. There must be some deficiency in orbital rim so that implants give a good benefit.

But it is IMO. If one does not want indentation between the eyelid and the cheekbone, saddles have to be done. I do not know if an eyelid graft gives the same benefit as saddles.

Maybe i post Gaia photos, because he published them everywhere anyways:
Ga impl

You see the difference between his infraorbital rim and the eyelid above it? This is a common look among people with high cheekbones. The reason of this indentation is that the orbit is too large. If he had saddles by Ramieri, his eyelid would not "dip" above the rim.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: twilight, Deleted member 17920 and Tallooksmaxxer
The question was in general about saddles, so i was answering the question. Eyelid retraction surgery with graft is actually superior to saddles in terms of giving a better shape: it is a more controllable procedure.

No, in that case there is def. no point IMO. There must be some deficiency in orbital rim so that implants give a good benefit.

But it is IMO. If one does not want indentation between the eyelid and the cheekbone, saddles have to be done. I do not know if an eyelid graft gives the same benefit as saddles.

View attachment 1982351

You see the difference between his infraorbital rim and the eyelid above it? This is a common look among people with high cheekbones. The reason of this indentation is that the orbit is too large. If he had saddles by Ramieri, his eyelid would not "dip" above the rim.
you mean fat graft by graft?

View attachment 1982351

Do you think I am a good candidate for infras or should I just get cantho?

Attachments

• fg2.jpeg
    fg2.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 0
  • face2.png
    face2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_23.png
    Screenshot_23.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
The last thing I want to happen is getting an 'apple of cheek' or infras that protrude too much in relation to my maxilla.

• +1
Do you think I am a good candidate for infras or should I just get cantho?
Oh dude, i already saw your photos somewhere.

No, you are absolutely a candidate for canthoplasty and maybe spacer graft retraction repair.

You have a super-protruding lower orbital rim.

However, your orbit seems too be too downward inclinded. Maybe in your case, cantho would not be enough, so you will need saddles in the end. You need to talk to the surgeon.

I was looking for a surgeon, but in EU it is only Pagnoni who does them, and the prices are insane given the amount of work, and possibility of complications
What sort of complications

Infection?

What sort of complications

Infection?
No, worse. AFAIK, all infra implants would require extensive work around the nerve, which might result in midface loss of feelings. But this is rare.

What is very common though: the implant extrusion, movement. If it were a normal infra implant - if it starts being visible, or move, you just take it out or replace it. But with saddles: it can move right into your eye. IMO. But I am not Eppley.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17920
No, worse. AFAIK, all infra implants would require extensive work around the nerve, which might result in midface loss of feelings. But this is rare.

What is very common though: the implant extrusion, movement. If it were a normal infra implant - if it starts being visible, or move, you just take it out or replace it. But with saddles: it can move right into your eye. IMO. But I am not Eppley.
How would it move if it is drilled into your skull? Especially PEEK

• +1

I know of someone who does saddled I have had a consultation already, DM me

• +1
How would it move if it is drilled into your skull? Especially PEEK
It might be that with age you lose bone.

WHen you lose bone, the implant doesn't. It starts pressing on your eyeball. Guess what's next :feelsokman:

But these are all my theories ofc ^

intro-1652723172.jpg

can under eye fillers make your eyes look more almond shaped if they’re already almond shaped even though you have bad under eye support?

can under eye fillers make your eyes look more almond shaped if they’re already almond shaped even though you have bad under eye support?
No.

There is a legend told by my surgeon, that if he injects tear troughs near the eye, my eyelid "may" go up... but after browsing realself for a while, i can responsibly say that is bullshit. :feelsrope:

The only way to change the shape of eyelids is surgical.

But if you have a bad undereye, filling it is still worth it IMO. At least it + cheekbone filler definitely fix the orbital vector: fixed mine. But beware you need A LOT of filler.

• +1
No.

There is a legend told by my surgeon, that if he injects tear troughs near the eye, my eyelid "may" go up... but after browsing realself for a while, i can responsibly say that is bullshit. :feelsrope:

The only way to change the shape of eyelids is surgical.

But if you have a bad undereye, filling it is still worth it IMO. At least it + cheekbone filler definitely fix the orbital vector: fixed mine. But beware you need A LOT of filler.
i have one of the worst under eye support i have seen in my entire life. 7/24 hallow under eyes even normies ask about it but at least they’re almond shaped so i will cope with filler till i can afford surgery

• So Sad
Reactions: angelo and Artemis
i have one of the worst under eye support i have seen in my entire life. 7/24 hallow under eyes even normies ask about it
If you have balls, maybe fat transfer is better for you. Ask your local surgeon.

Fat transfer is a lot more dangerous but gives the best improvement if you re lucky to succeed.

• +1
If you have balls, maybe fat transfer is better for you. Ask your local surgeon.

Fat transfer is a lot more dangerous but gives the best improvement if you re lucky to succeed.
Why?

If you find who s gonna do it lol, unless you are very rich :feelsrope:

Safi does them too