what makes someone look shorter?

D

Deleted member 16683

Kraken
i have been told by a few people recently that i look to be around 5'8 even though i'm actually a bit taller than 5'11. i'm still growing i expect to grow even more since i've gained an inch within the last year but i wanna know what makes someone look shorter than they are

• Ugh..
Reactions: IndraBC
long torso, T-rex arms, short legs, bad frame i guess

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, iam good boy, rg1235 and 1 other person
Are your legs long? Could have a short torso /arms with longer lower half

i have been told by a few people recently that i look to be around 5'8 even though i'm actually a bit taller than 5'11. i'm still growing i expect to grow even more since i've gained an inch within the last year but i wanna know what makes someone look shorter than they are
weight plays a big part in visible height

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32973
tight fitted clothes , being fat , having a longer torse, having shorter arms, bad posture , nerd neck , having a small head ( skull) , small and short neck

• +1
Reactions: Mewton
mainly a short neck

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Sub0, SntDomistheRealChad and 1 other person
Are your legs long? Could have a short torso /arms with longer lower half
idk i do have quite long legs but shouldn't that make someone look taller? i would say i have a long torso too tbh
i have long torso & long legs

• Ugh..
Slouching / bad posture plays a massive role in making someone look shorter than they are.

• +1
Reactions: Descargue96, rg1235, SntDomistheRealChad and 2 others
i'm underweight by a decent margin do u think that's why
I'm pretty sure if you're underweight it would make you look taller because it would make your body look lengthier.
If you wear baggy clothes that could also affect how people see your height.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683 and autistic_tendencies
I'm pretty sure if you're underweight it would make you look taller because it would make your body look lengthier.
If you wear baggy clothes that could also affect how people see your height.
Maybe in photos, but from what I experience IRL, being larger makes them seem bigger (and subsequently taller) because their presence takes up more space.

Maybe in photos, but from what I experience IRL, being larger makes them seem bigger (and subsequently taller) because their presence takes up more space.
it may be because of frame, my friend is 6 foot and fat but I look taller than him and I'm 5'10 because I look leaner than him

• +1
Reactions: Graham
it may be because of frame, my friend is 6 foot and fat but I look taller than him and I'm 5'10 because I look leaner than him
yeah, fat on the thighs and legs would make you look shorter, I was referring to muscles mostly (so being top heavy), but now that you mention it, you could probably get away with not having developed muscles if you naturally had a large frame.

yeah, fat on the thighs and legs would make you look shorter, I was referring to muscles mostly (so being top heavy), but now that you mention it, you could probably get away with not having developed muscles if you naturally had a large frame.
yeah maybe it depends if a person is really analyzing your build

proportions, I'm like all leg so people think I'm taller than I am and tbh lifefuel as fuck

• +1
Reactions: goatedjordan23 and Deleted member 16683
Yeah imo whatever is out of wack in your frame will trump the rest. I've seen people taller than me that look shorter because they have something that is shorter than the ordinary, whether it be a really short neck, short t-rex arms, short legs, short torso. This is why I don't really think LL is completely worth it. If you're going up 4 inches even your feet and hand size will start getting out of wack a bit. Most 6ft guys I know have big hands.

• +1
Reactions: rg1235, twilight and Deleted member 16683
where long pants and pull them up high

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683
Yeah imo whatever is out of wack in your frame will trump the rest. I've seen people taller than me that look shorter because they have something that is shorter than the ordinary, whether it be a really short neck, short t-rex arms, short legs, short torso. This is why I don't really think LL is completely worth it. If you're going up 4 inches even your feet and hand size will start getting out of wack a bit. Most 6ft guys I know have big hands.
every feature on my body is elongated tho, i have a long neck, long torso, long legs, my arms are normal length and reach mid thigh so idk what it is. i'm a very skinny twink tho so idk.

• Ugh..
proportions, I'm like all leg so people think I'm taller than I am and tbh lifefuel as fuck
i have very long legs too idk what it is 😭 someone said it's my personality that makes me seem shorter

• JFL
i have very long legs too idk what it is 😭 someone said it's my personality that makes me seem shorter
you might have a big skull, a frame too narrow, or and have shit posture

Big head.

I'm 6 but look shorter due to lollipop skull

Poorly fitted clothes, short face, short neck, being wide overall.

people are lean look more taller, dont wear to many layer ig and wearing only one color should make u look taller

Long hair

Bad fashion thirds