What Questions to ask the Surgeon?

Phoenix

Phoenix

Platinum
Got an appointment for a zoom call with a maxillary advancement doc. What are some good questions to ask?

Surgeries:
Modified Lefort 3
-Lefort I
-Zygomatic osteonomy
-Infraorbital advancement

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Slay count

• JFL
Reactions: N1c
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Darmstadtium, Darkstrand and Phoenix
have you sent any pictures to him ahead of time? If he knows what he's working with, you have the advantage of knowing how much advancement you can get.

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and Phoenix
have you sent any pictures to him ahead of time? If he knows what he's working with, you have the advantage of knowing how much advancement you can get.
Gonna take new pics and send within the hour. Not sure what to write in email

Should I include morphs?

• +1
Reactions: Warlow and Deleted member 10413
Gonna take new pics and send within the hour. Not sure what to write in email

Should I include morphs?
yes, include morphs.

• +1
Reactions: Phoenix
Ask him if he is willing to give you the maximum possible advancements

• Love it
Along with hair transplant and a rhino, but MFL3 first, if surgeon agrees
Well, a Modified LeFort 3 already advances the infraorbital rims and zygos, and generally the lower maxilla too.
Now if you need different amounts of projection in your upper and lower maxilla, or just simply need to impact or downgraft your lower maxilla, you can get a simultaneous Modified LeFort 3 and segmentalized LeFort 1.

Also ZSO is not very effective and results in feminine zygos from what I've heard.

What's exactly wrong with your face? Maxillary hypoplasia?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Warlow and Phoenix
Well, a Modified LeFort 3 already advances the infraorbital rims and zygos, and generally the lower maxilla too.
Now if you need different amounts of projection in your upper and lower maxilla, or just simply need to impact or downgraft your lower maxilla, you can get a simultaneous Modified LeFort 3 and segmentalized LeFort 1.

View attachment 1070340

Also ZSO is not very effective and results in feminine zygos from what I've heard.

What's exactly wrong with your face? Maxillary hypoplasia?
That's exactly what I want done

I'm not sure if I have maxillary hypoplasia.. my maxilla is flat and I have slight underbite/cross bite, but no gummy smile and sclera show. My mandible is long and I have a decent chin. Also asymmetrical zygos

I can DM pics

• +1
Reactions: Cain
That's exactly what I want done

I'm not sure if I have maxillary hypoplasia.. my maxilla is flat and I have slight underbite/cross bite, but no gummy smile and sclera show. My mandible is long and I have a decent chin. Also asymmetrical zygos

I can DM pics
What about your infraorbital rims, how is your orbital vector?
Do you have paranasal hollowing?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Cain