What REALLY causes people to be friends in a social environment. Hierarchy of dominance and genes OR personality?

D

Deleted member 17829

Kraken
Some 'blackpillers' have told me its all about being NT. a genetic dead end can have a good social group.

But I personally think its all about physical dominance and maybe SMV.

I remember personally in school, kicking out anyone of our social group who had any deformities, low social status, shit genes, but mainly kicking out people who lacked any dark triadness or edge or physical dominance.

It seemed we only wanted people in our group who made us look more dominant as a group, more scary. So tall, high weight, and fight ability was selected for.

Was me and my friends just retarded? or is this universal?

All the cool kids are always the hardest, most are boxers or athletes, and most the time they're all tall. Good looking helps but id say height and dominant is the main factor.

Let me know what u guys think

also if u were a fucking nerd with no friends or loser friends in high school, dont bother commenting.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, Lihito, thecel and 6 others
Your friend group were outliers. Most popular guys in my school were average at best, some were downright ugly.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: valhalar, Danish_Retard, thecel and 4 others
Your friend group were outliers. Most popular guys in my school were average at best, some were downright ugly.
the thread was about them being dominant, not good looking.

and i dont think we were outliers, i saw this literally everywhere in my city, all main friend groups in my school in my year, years below and above.. in other schools etc...

Some 'blackpillers' have told me its all about being NT. a genetic dead end can have a good social group.

I remember personally in school, kicking out anyone of our social group who had any deformities, low social status, shit genes, but mainly kicking out people who lacked any dark triadness or edge or physical dominance.

It seemed we only wanted people in our group who made us look more dominant as a group, more scary. So tall, high weight, and fight ability was selected for.

All the cool kids are always the hardest, most are boxers or athletes, and most the time they're all tall. Good looking helps but id say height and dominant is the main factor.

also if u were a fucking nerd with no friends or loser friends in high school, dont bother commenting.

Your signature answers your question.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
you are on this site, so you are one of them.

• JFL
Reactions: valhalar, Danish_Retard, fjor2096 and 5 others
Nah we had giga manlets in our friend group when I was in 4th grade. But when it came to fighting an older class of about 7-9 guys, we were only 4, biggest guys (height/weight) because we were the only high T ones that would fight. That shit was on sight against the other class:lul::lul: we legit hated each others, we'd invade each other's classrooms and we fought brutally, full on punches to the face and everything, and we won cause we either taller/heavier:ogre:

Last edited:

My life, and friends.

* friends in middle/high school (12-18): Having similar interests, having fun when hanging, and similar social value standing usually.
* college/university (18-23): having similar interests, having fun when hanging, less social value standing importance imo, more importance on ones SMV.
* after college/uni (25-50): having similar lifestyles, not so much free time anymore usually so hanging happens more when it's also usefull-ish (collegea's, work partners, building something together, etc.. new friendships are formed more round having similar goals ones works together with with that person.

After college/uni. it's often difficult to maintain most friends you have build there. Because. moving. Different lfiestyles more, due to different wants/choices, less free time. People go their own ways, a bit.

• +1
people are friends with people they hang out with. Then its personalty

Circumstance

going from fat to fit made a big difference in how strangers treat me, especially women

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Yes, usually the nerds in high school are together because they can only relate to like minded people, the same thing goes for the jocks and the ones in between.

But who you were in high school doesn't determine who you will be in the future unless you don't make an effort to change things.

Back in high school, I was 138 lbs at 6 foot 4, now I am at around 198 lbs, so 60 lbs heavier, and I have gained some muscle mass and it shows. Back then, people made fun of me, but now they don't. And the bigger and more muscular I get, the more they will respect me. That is one of the main reasons why I started lifting back in 2016, because I knew it was the solution to my problem.

I eventually had to ditch my old friends from high school when I realized that they had been plotting my demise by hoping that I was going to fail and not become muscular, simply because they don't want me to be better than them, because in our group, I was at the bottom of the hierarchy, and our group was at the bottom of the hierarchy of groups since we didn't do sports, and we weren't popular with girls either. Since then, 2 of them regularly consume drugs and 1 of them got a good career in cybersecurity but all of them are as skinny and as ugly as they were back then, they have never looksmaxxed and never evolved from who they once were. But I got a double jaw surgery, and I gained some muscle mass. And even then, they weren't willing to respect me, so I had to ditch them. If I had known what was going on back then, I would have ditched them from my first day of high school.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and Deleted member 17829
Yes, usually the nerds in high school are together because they can only relate to like minded people, the same thing goes for the jocks and the ones in between.

But who you were in high school doesn't determine who you will be in the future unless you don't make an effort to change things.

Back in high school, I was 138 lbs at 6 foot 4, now I am at around 198 lbs, so 60 lbs heavier, and I have gained some muscle mass and it shows. Back then, people made fun of me, but now they don't. And the bigger and more muscular I get, the more they will respect me. That is one of the main reasons why I started lifting back in 2016, because I knew it was the solution to my problem.

I eventually had to ditch my old friends from high school when I realized that they had been plotting my demise by hoping that I was going to fail and not become muscular, simply because they don't want me to be better than them, because in our group, I was at the bottom of the hierarchy, and our group was at the bottom of the hierarchy of groups since we didn't do sports, and we weren't popular with girls either. Since then, 2 of them regularly consume drugs and 1 of them got a good career in cybersecurity but all of them are as skinny and as ugly as they were back then, they have never looksmaxxed and never evolved from who they once were. But I got a double jaw surgery, and I gained some muscle mass. And even then, they weren't willing to respect me, so I had to ditch them. If I had known what was going on back then, I would have ditched them from my first day of high school.
yeah u cant really increase status while remaining friends with people. they will hat eit and bring u down. the new SMV and status only works on new people who havent met you when u were a dweeb

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and randomuser2407
yeah u cant really increase status while remaining friends with people. they will hat eit and bring u down. the new SMV and status only works on new people who havent met you when u were a dweeb
Yes exactly, because no matter how much you improve, the people who knew you from back then will always see you as who you were, especially if they put you in the bottom of the hierarchy, like in my case. But when it is a real friend, he will not change the way he treats you based on how you look, maybe it's because the hierarchy is only there when it's a large group of people.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and JayAscension

138 at 6'4? Did you not eat anything?

Yes exactly, because no matter how much you improve, the people who knew you from back then will always see you as who you were, especially if they put you in the bottom of the hierarchy, like in my case. But when it is a real friend, he will not change the way he treats you based on how you look, maybe it's because the hierarchy is only there when it's a large group of people.
this is kinda true.

it;s hard, to move up in social rank in a group you are part of for some time.
it's easier, when in new groups after ascending, one gets put in a higher rank from the get go.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 17829 and randomuser2407
138 at 6'4? Did you not eat anything?
I ate only breakfast and dinner. Sometimes I ate a lot at dinner but I would end up eating less the next day without realizing it so I was always consuming a very small amount of calories, and my mom thought that I ate a lot because of those few times where I was eating more.

Also, my genetics for building muscle are below average because I started at a 20 lb overhead press, a 30 lb bench press, and back then, I couldn't even do just 1 pushup or 1 chin up, I was just skin and bones.

Now today, here is my strength level at 196-198 lbs:

Barbell Skullcrushers 45 lbs for 10 reps
Barbell Bicep Curls 65 lbs for 10 reps
Overhead press 80 lbs for 8 reps
Pause Bench 105 lbs for 7 reps
Yates Rows 135 lbs for 8 reps
Squat 150 lbs for 9 reps
Deadlifts 215 lbs for 8 reps

So as you can see, even though I am still at the novice level, I managed to gain around 60 lbs in 6 years without getting fat, that means I have a big frame but a bad starting point, probably caused by my diet as a teenager. Maybe if I had been well fed and if I had done sports as a kid, I could have gotten bigger faster instead of starting at such a low weight for my height.

I just had a small friend group. Nothing changed when I started going to gym or when I got bimax done. Friend just commentated once that I Look much better after The surgery. Id say they Are All high tier normies, one has The manlet debuff though. I Have known All these people since 7 year old. Except The manlet. When Will they catch a break?

Last edited:
  • +1

Imagine caring so much about how others perceive you that who you chose to spend your time with is solely dependent on which people you think will make you appear most dominant

Truly sad insecure faggots trying to compensate for their own shortcomings

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Danish_Retard
Imagine caring so much about how others perceive you that who you chose to spend your time with is solely dependent on which people you think will make you appear most dominant

idk man its subconscious and any normal group of guys lowkey does this. they were all 6ft + in the group

unironically it's personality for me if someone isn't literally deformed I wouldn't care about his looks

• +1
Reactions: Broski and Preoximerianas

in my school a lot of the popular kids were manlets and even ugly some of them, same way us nerds in the computer lab had a few chads and dudes who were over 6'2 , but yeah obv if you have both NT and looks it's a synergy

status in highschool: NT
status in college & uni: LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫

Yes,the part where you said "All the cools kids were the hardest" is definitely universal. I'm in the UK. All the kids in my school that are popular are hard. You have to be masculine and dominant in some type of way. I tagged along with popular friend circles in school. They all love sports or are thugmaxxed.

• +1

Well duh .. were trying to social circle maxx and climb the social ladder. We are trying to socially ascend. Nothing insecure tbh

• +1
Reactions: TopzCat1
Yes,the part where you said "All the cools kids were the hardest" is definitely universal. I'm in the UK. All the kids in my school that are popular are hard. You have to be masculine and dominant in some type of way. I tagged along with popular friend circles in school. They all love sports or are thugmaxxed.
finally a non-autist who understands

Exactly,this is the hardest blackpill I have to swallow. And even if I meet new people. They will always be mutual friends with my old peers. It's oVER

• +1
Reactions: TopzCat1
But how do you meet new people when all the new friends you make are literally mutual friends with old peers who knew you when you were a loser? That's the hard part for me. When I moved schools last year. Literally all the popular kids in that new school that I moved to knew all the popular kids in my older school. And so they will eventually find out whether you were cool or not in your previous school. Idk if I'm getting my point across clearly... Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

I feel like different groups of friends usually have a range and anyone who's below it doesn't make the cut, but what becomes even more important is the hierarchy within the group. At my highschool there were multiple cooler groups but the guys that everyone actually knew were the guys who were dominant within each group. And that dominance always came from good looks and dark triad traits that allowed them to manipulate all the guys who were below them

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 17829
But how do you meet new people when all the new friends you make are literally mutual friends with old peers who knew you when you were a loser? That's the hard part for me. When I moved schools last year. Literally all the popular kids in that new school that I moved to knew all the popular kids in my older school. And so they will eventually find out whether you were cool or not in your previous school. Idk if I'm getting my point across clearly... Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
Yes, but when you get older and finish high school, none of that will matter because all your friends will go their separate ways, and from there, the best way to succeed with women is to be gymmaxxed, leanmaxxed and overall looksmaxxed and go out to bars and clubs and you can get laid at a rate of once per week if you have realistic standards, or more if you manage to make your hookups into friends with benefits, then you could have like a harem of 5 different fuckbuddies that you see whenever you want to have sex and you could have sex every day and maybe even multiple times per day, without ever being in a relationship.

But to get there, you have to be good looking, and to be good looking, you have to improve your looks. And the earlier you start, the sooner you will be able to get laid regularly, so I recommend you start now, so that when you finish high school, you'll be looksmaxxed or close to that, and you'll look good enough to get laid with hot women.

It's not that important to make friends but if you're worried about that too, if you're muscular, guys will just naturally gravitate towards you, especially if you go to a gym, so you can make friends that way, and unlike regular high school friends, those guys will actually respect you and look up to you, so you'll be high up on the friend group hierarchy. And they will ask for advice and they will invite you to parties because they will know that you're a cool guy, just by looking at your physique.

This is why gymmaxxing is the most important thing you can do as a man. It is more important than getting a good career, because it will give you friends and lots of success with women. But it takes time to make progress so you have to be patient and consistent with it. Most guys are never consistent with it so they never get muscular, or if they do manage to do it, they end up using steroids to take a shortcut, because of laziness, and 10 years later, you see them again and they are fat and weak.

• +1
Reactions: TeenAscender, TopzCat1, Preoximerianas and 1 other person
If you add value, in whatever way that is, people want you around. Simple said.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262

Are you foids or friends?

• Woah
Reactions: thecel

Social status honestly. Some in the group had it for looks, some had a way with words in talking to girls, some sick artists, some sick driving/ car stuff etc.

At the end of the day, all had a way to make it to the top in social status.

Not to mentioned, all played some kinda sport, really well too and could talk to people and girls, low inhib etc would do crazy shit for fun

• +1