what should i do to save my maxillary and jaw projection with all 2nd premolars removed (4 teeth) and braces on?

osamason

osamason

Iron
im 18 years old, and i got these braces 10 months ago and my teeth removed 7 months ago (i was 17 during both procedures). to be quite honest, my maxillary projection was never very good (im asian) but im saved by my zygomatic protrusions. after reading way more shit on mewing, TMJ, and maxillary expansion im hella scared about fucking my entire face with these braces. idk if this matters, but prior to getting braces my teeth already looked pretty straight, it was my bite that was fucked up (crossbite) and my lower teeth were a little too far behind my upper teeth than they were supposed to be. i bit my nails grewing up and was under a lot of stress and occasional mouth breathing, so all of that probably got me there. also when i bit down prior to getting braces my face would look super squished and subhuman (i hated it so much when i noticed that i just forced myself to get braces). to elaborate, whenever i had my front teeth touch in the correct position and my molars separated, my face looked A fucking 10, so i just stuck my face in this position 24/7.
i think the braces have helped my squish face a bit, but i'm still scared of any other adverse effects from these braces because i have a whole 14 months left in my treatment (i might be moving faster than they predicted, so it could be shorter).
this past year ive also fixed my teeth grinding + mouth breathing, and i've managed to maintain consistently correct tongue posture. aside from that, i do nothing, no jaw or face exercises.

any advice on what i should do or what my options are? i cannot afford to recess my maxilla even more. like please for the love of fucking god.

more info: upper palate could be wider, touching side teeth but basically fits full width of tongue; gaps left my 2nd premolar removal barely left on upper teeth, around 50% left on bottom teeth.

Braces won't harm your aesthetics ever. It's just not physically or even logically possible.