What skin care products do you recommend me?

sure you can try retinol but I don't think it will remove your acne
Okay, I asked my mate who goes to the doctor for acne and he said they'd laugh me out and say I don't need it so that's why I haven't bothered going but ill go.

all u need:
Morning
cleanser - the inkey list salicylic acid cleanser
moisturizer - neutrogina hydro boost
sunscreen (if u want) - boire watery essance

Night
treatment - olay retinol

give it some time and youll be all good
dont over complicate it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31934 and peterpiper
all u need:
Morning

Night
treatment - olay retinol

dont overcomplicate it
You think that will be good for me? What about what @finnarope said?

Is there any other things I should get like serums to improve skin undertones or anything? im not very knowable on skin
retinol 1% is probably the strongest you can get without recipe

You think that will be good for me? What about what @finnarope said?

personally i do not think its that bad. if i were u id use the retinol before tret. retinol increases cell trun over, so in the beginning you may get more spots ( i didnt) (the spots that would have come anyways) then they will all go. in 2-4 weeks your skin will be cleared

ohh so could I just go to the pharmacy and ask for the 1% one or should I go doctor?
yes you can go and buy ret 1% without a doctor

but tretinoin works 10 times better retinol is basically watered down version of it

yes you can go and buy ret 1% without a doctor

but tretinoin works 10 times better retinol is basically watered down version of it
I think ill give retinol a go if it doesnt work in 2 months ill visit the doc

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23804
you can get tretinoin with telemedecine. Go to curology dot com, you submit your pics, they make you a daily cream for $30 a month

I think ill give retinol a go if it doesnt work in 2 months ill visit the doc
if u wanted olay retinol max also exists. but i dont think u need it. the regular one will go you good

• +1
Reactions: peterpiper
personally i do not think its that bad. if i were u id use the retinol before tret. retinol increases cell trun over, so in the beginning you may get more spots ( i didnt) (the spots that would have come anyways) then they will all go. in 2-4 weeks your skin will be cleared
Should I get the entire routine you recommended or can I just use the retinol moisturiser? Since im getting a tooth whitening setup for 150 not trying to spend too much.

Would you recommend that over the olay retinol?
ive never used that, i would just get the tretinoin cream

They will add other things into it depending on your skin

Ive been using skin cream with them for 8+ years, its what cleared up my acne 8 years ago and i use it now for anti agign. And just one cream so you dont have to buy4 57777 products

Would you recommend that over the olay retinol?
would defo reccoment salicylic acid cleanser. but moisturiser up to u. im yet to get a single spot after this routine. used to have to much shit in my routine but narrowed it to essentials and skin never been better.
do what u feel best. up to u.
can always go tret after ret if its not working for u imo

• +1
ive never used that, i would just get the tretinoin cream

They will add other things into it depending on your skin

Ive been using skin cream with them for 8+ years, its what cleared up my acne 8 years ago and i use it now for anti agign. And just one cream so you dont have to buy4 57777 products
Yea seems most convenient out all the options

Tretinoin and sunscreen (SPF 50 PA++++) incorporated into a typical cleanser-moisturizer routine mog all other topicals

• +1
all u need:
Morning

Night
treatment - olay retinol

dont over complicate it
I just purchased the olay retinol how often should I use it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31087
I just purchased the olay retinol how often should I use it?
depending on how easily your skin gets irritated, adjust accordingly. want to build up to every night. i had acne but skin wasn’t sensitive so was able to do every night off the start. it also helps with anti aging btw

• +1
yeah should be ok. the inkey list and the ordinary are both v good brands and i recommend them. they make products based around specific science based ingredients
Yea I looked at the ordinary the have loads of serums would you recommend any for my skin? There was so many I just got confused

• +1
Yea I looked at the ordinary the have loads of serums would you recommend any for my skin?
for now not, use a simple routine to fix your acne then once that’s clear you can address other concerns like maybe scaring or hyperpigmentation etc etc

• +1
for now not, use a simple routine to fix your acne then once that’s clear you can address other concerns like maybe scaring or hyperpigmentation etc etc
What is hyperpigmentation? Would you say once my acne is cleared I have good undertones ect since I hear all these words but I dont know what they mean

What is hyperpigmentation? Would you say once my acne is cleared I have good undertones ect since I hear all these words but I dont know what they mean
if you don’t have good undertones i recommend supplement not tropical products. supplement like beta carotene for orange tones and lycopene for red undertones

• +1
if you don’t have good undertones i recommend supplement not tropical products. supplement like beta carotene for orange tones and lycopene for red undertones
Would I have to take both at once?

• +1
i think you’d benefit from both.
take 25000iu beta carotene and 10-20mg lycopene
Okay thanks so much you seem very knowable on this subject compared to me could I create a PM with you just so I can ask more questions if I have problems with the retinol

Okay thanks so much you seem very knowable on this subject compared to me could I create a PM with you just so I can ask more questions if I have problems with the retinol
feel free

• +1
Should I get one prescribed or one from online?
I buy from All Day Chemist, it is very cheap per tube of tret but takes a couple weeks to ship. You can get a prescription for faster pick up times

I buy from All Day Chemist, it is very cheap per tube of tret but takes a couple weeks to ship. You can get a prescription for faster pick up times
What strength would you recommend for me? Do I just apply all over face or dots on each spot?

What strength would you recommend for me? Do I just apply all over face or dots on each spot?
There’s no one size fits all approach. The three strengths are 0.025, 0.05, 0.1. You can apply to bare skin, or you can buffer with moisturizer. You can even mix it with moisturizer in your hands then apply together.

You apply it to the whole face (just not around the eyes). Some people take it further and apply it to their neck, upper chest, and hands - all areas prone to early aging. But for acne purposes you can just apply to the face + any problem areas on the body.

Go read r/Tretinoin for more advice on starting routines

In general though you start out mild till your skin acclimates to the treatment