What sports would you encourage or discourage your sons from playing?

6ft4

6ft4

Juggernaut Genes Possessor
I likely wont raise my potential children in Ireland but if I did I would encourage them to play the national sports since it's a pretty straight forward path to reaching the elite level of the sport. It is impossible to get overlooked if you make it to the top 2% of players and you can have the status of playing in front of crowds of 20k-80k which would lead to easy slays. I got loads of easy slays just by larping that I played at the highest level, imagine the JB slaying potential if you were on the games on tv.

Assuming they're raised in another country, I would probably encourage them to play rugby while young as the primary sport since it feels mogger physically dominating your opposition.
I may encourage them to play soccer for enjoyment maxxing but the chance of making a career out of being a soccer player is close to 0 so that time could be spent in an individual sport which could garner infinitely more rewards.
You could argue that's the case for all team sports but in other sports a lot of it simply comes down to environment and culture.
For example in Rugby, the majority of the players in the Irish national team grew up within a very small radius and went to schools with a rich tradition in the sport.
Is there really more talent in that tiny pocket than the entire rest of the country? it's simply not possible.
Once you meet the base physical requirements and gymcel on top of it, rugby really is a sport where just being immersed in the culture makes a massive difference whereas for soccer you'll could find guys who are incredibly talented at it anywhere

I only joined an organized soccer team at age 12 but played it in school and all school/astroturf games mogged in terms of enjoyment but I wouldve liked to have played organized games from the age of 6 so I'd have adjusted to the playstyle quicker.
It's surprisingly hard to go from games where there are more strikers than defenders and you have massive amount of time on the ball to 11 a side games with a set and co ordinated back four.

I would probably encourage my children to play basketball assuming they would be tall from a young age (altho they may be late pubertycels like me) and basketball is popular pretty much everywhere so it would allow for decent status during teen years regardless of where you play it so long as the high school has a team.

I cant think of any more team sports that are that relevant (funny how the anglosphere created all codes of "football") so I'll move onto individual sports

I would get them into short sprints since it's the most mogger athletics event and wouldn't hinder their development like distance running might.
I would only get them into tennis if I had an actual tennis court on my property and they had a brother close in age to play against 24/7
I wouldn't get them into golf coz its not a mogger sport.

I would get them into boxing/mma from a young age because with enough commitment from a young age and enough physical gifts at the heavier divisions there actually might be a chance of them making it

They could potentially try swimming and use long wingspan but I have short torso and narrow clavicles so if the inherit that also it may not be ideal for swimming

Shit like rowing is just boring af

Order of importance:
Sprinting since it's entirely individual and it mogs to be fast which carries over to other sports
Boxing/MMA since you may get far with dedication and it gives good status halo
Rugby because it's a mogger sport and feels good dominating opponents
Basketball due to height halo and it having globe wide status
Soccer just for the sake of enjoyment

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho
encourage
gymnastics
Mma
wrestling
BJJ
swimming
Rugby
Sprinting
discourage
Karate
soccer/football

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4
i would only allow chess, mma, swimming, and sprinting

these are the only good sports that increase iq, all other sports lower your iq a lot

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: motiascension
Depends if it‘s a girl or boy

Sprinting Swimming Grappling MMA Horse Riding (y)

i would only allow would be chess, mma, and sprinting

these are the only good sports that increase iq, all other sports lower your iq a lot
It‘s fucking sports bro there doesn‘t need to be high IQ involved

I wouldn’t want them to play any sport. unless they want to

Encourage Swimming, Skiing/Snowboarding, Dancing
Discourage anything with serious brain damage risks (boxing)

Encourage:
Bodybuilding
Powerlifting
Football/soccer
Basketball
Swimming
Discourage:
Ping pong
Tennis
Boxing
Fighting sports