What type of genioplasty is that?

D

Deleted member 46986

IMG 9844

Also does it require a lot of skill for surgeon to perform it?

RSM plans it and celal performs it, but im not sure if other surgeons does it.
Look at the big ass gap your gonna get in the middle of the menton.

Your gonna also get a nice pointier feminine chin from what you had before

If the goal was to preserve the mandible border on a genioplasty triaca already has a better way of doing it without botching your chin on the process

Look at the big ass gap your gonna get in the middle of the menton.
It will grow back lol
Your gonna also get a nice pointier feminine chin from what you had before
The whole point of this type of genio is to make the chin wider and forward together

• +1
Reactions: tom69
Yeah seems like it.

Pretty sure
Are the results posted somewhere? I'd imagine the chin looking pretty uncanny w/o angle implants together with it.

They bone graft it

generalization... it's a specific type of look, not necessarily bad
Lol if you think bone graft is gonna 100% of the times turn out nice and straight with that big of a gap. Thats just setting yoursef up for irregularities.

Better just do it the normal way (100% chance of a perfect chin) and graft the border of the mandible. If you feel normal bone remodeling wont do it

That way if you end up with a defect its on the border of the mandible not the point of your chin, way less visible.

There is a reason no one does this dumb shit.

Mentolabial fold is also gonna turn up a roundy feminine instead of straight, unless your gonna graft everything anyway, again making it inferior to a normal genio.

View attachment 2692308

There's a plate covering it aswell
again unecessary and infeiror, probably used because said user makes a profit selling custom plates. Custom plates are “usually” a worse option than using traditional ones that can be swapped and evaluated during surgery

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: tom69 and Deleted member 46986
Yea so probably not bone graft on the middle as the gap looks too big.

Mentolabial fold looks un ideal
I want to see the results tbh, i feel like they would look very uncanny.

Why you say that
Custom plates have no room for modifications and finesse during surgery. If your aim is esthetic, custom plates on genioplasty should be avoided everytime.

You can put your scans on dolphin and pretend to plan all you want. The software is just not 100%. It cant predict soft tissue 100%.

Its used by surgeons more to give the patient a notion about how he is gonna turn out

If your aimong for the best result the surgeon must be able to look ate you and swap/ bend plates so that you end up with the 100% result you wanted.

Custom gets no margin. If your soft tissue doesnt respond in the exact number the software gave you (and it wont) well you just set yourself up for a worse result

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 46986
Has anybody posted the results of this surgery?
I mean look at the size of that plate, will be easily able to feel it from the outside. As oposed to a normal plate that Is invisible.

Im sorry if anyone was ever scammed on this

• +1
I mean look at the size of that plate, will be easily able to feel it from the outside. As oposed to a normal plate that Is invisible.

Im sorry if anyone was ever scammed on this
well its not really a scam if the results are decent-good, but the thing is we havent seen them, me personally wouldnt let myself be an experiment.

• +1
Reactions: tom69
well its not really a scam if the results are decent-good, but the thing is we havent seen them, me personally wouldnt let myself be an experiment.
I mean the patient will proably love it because a genioplasty will always improve someone with a deficient chin.

He just paid way more for a way worse result, which is sad.

• Hmm...
again unecessary and infeiror, probably used because said user makes a profit selling custom plates. Custom plates are “usually” a worse option than using traditional ones that can be swapped and evaluated during surgery
Dp you think custom plates are worse for bimax? I think the added safety might make the inability to adjust during surgery a better trade-off for bimax

Dp you think custom plates are worse for bimax? I think the added safety might make the inability to adjust during surgery a better trade-off for bimax
No. Both custom and normal can be used in bimax, each has their own benefit, its a pros/ cons analysis one should make.

On genioplasty custom is a big no no for me

The genioplasty is what will proably make or break your end bimax result

• +1
Reactions: PrimoMaxxer and Deleted member 46986
No. Both custom and normal can be used in bimax, each has their own benefit, its a pros/ cons analysis one should make.

Any surgeons you recommend?

Also if the genioplssty result is subpar you can just get a 2nd genioplasty right as long as they don't overadvance?