What's the best hair product for VOLUME?

Deleted member 7776

Deleted member 7776

6'5 BWC Mogger of Niggers
I need hair "height". My hair always looks so flat and has no volume.

So far I've only used clay and matt-paste.

Is it true the best product for volume is mousse?

Or does hair volume has to do with the type of brush used, predominantly? Like I always use a wide-tooth comb, not a round brush

• +1
Reactions: thecel
salt spray

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4209
No, I've used it before, it really does nothing. It just makes the hair more wavy but that's all it does. No extra volume.
You used the wrong one cuz I get a lot of volume from it and i got straight hair

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
You used the wrong one cuz I get a lot of volume from it and i got straight hair
Alright but I got wavy hair and all it does is it just makes my hair even more wavy

I use OGX thick and full biotin and collagen shampoo and conditioner, and then I follow that up by sticking my hair up while it's still wet and letting it air dry - stays up after it's dry, can't promise that'll work for everyone ngl but it's worth mentioning

• +1
Reactions: JihadChad
I use OGX thick and full biotin and collagen shampoo and conditioner, and then I follow that up by sticking my hair up while it's still wet and letting it air dry - stays up after it's dry, can't promise that'll work for everyone ngl but it's worth mentioning
Wdym by sticking your hair up?

Wdym by sticking your hair up?
When it's wet in the shower after shampooing and conditioning it's easy to style for 'height' like you mentioned above - then I just air dry it and it stays up

• +1
When it's wet in the shower after shampooing and conditioning it's easy to style for 'height' like you mentioned above - then I just air dry it and it stays up
Okay but how do you style it? Do you use the same type of comb as the one I use, or do you use a round-brush and stick it up?

Okay but how do you style it? Do you use the same type of comb as the one I use, or do you use a round-brush and stick it up?
Literally just use my hands ngl :lul: maybe I've got good hair genetics but it works

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: GigaMogger
and use a comb

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Depends. Is your hair short or long? I use Hanz de Fuko quicksand in my short hair and love the volume I get. It kinda feels like it dries your hair out when you rub it in at the roots all over but washes out fine and I only use conditioner so I’m not worried.

wash your hair before going to bed

I need higher hair density. People can see my scalp through my hair. Sadly there’s no way to get more hair follicles.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie
apply L‘Oreal Paris Matt & Messy gum to damp hair and blowdry with hot air

It's more about using properly a blowdrier than the product itself.

Sea salt spray them immediately blow dry your hair in all directions while upside down

Apply mousse, Use a wide toothed comb or your fingers, and blowdryer (blow upsidedown aka let the hairs hang while drying). you will have the most volume possible. Everything else weighs your hair down.

gum and comb it properly

Mousse or salt spray. Use shampoo and conditioner that has less chemicals, the natural ones are better. Make sure you're completely washing conditioner out of your hair thoroughly, no heavy products they weight it down. Do not brush your hair while it's wet, either finger comb it upward and back and air dry, or blow-dry hair upside down on low heat setting.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lifestyle21873
I need higher hair density. People can see my scalp through my hair. Sadly there’s no way to get more hair follicles.
Used to have same thing where it just sticks up and really thin but now my hair is thicker and more tamable.

• +1
Reactions: thecel