What’s the difference between implants and orthotic surgery

U

urcin

Iron
How does the results differentiate between implants and orthognathic surgery. I know that orthognathic surgery is to correct facial deformities and other structural issues. Where implants are only for cosmetic purposes I suppose but my question is why would you want to get like an genioplasty instead of a normal chin implant if you don’t have structural issues isn’t a normal implant better because you can customize the implant to get the look you desire better. Or another example is BSSO surgery why don’t you just get gonial and chin implants if it’s only for cosmetic purposes.

Thanks in advance, idk if this is a brain dead question pls explain.

I’m asking this because I see a lot of people saying they want these kind of surgery’s and I just think to myself why not just get implants.

• JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
How does the results differentiate between implants and orthognathic surgery. I know that orthognathic surgery is to correct facial deformities and other structural issues. Where implants are only for cosmetic purposes I suppose but my question is why would you want to get like an genioplasty instead of a normal chin implant if you don’t have structural issues isn’t a normal implant better because you can customize the implant to get the look you desire better. Or another example is BSSO surgery why don’t you just get gonial and chin implants if it’s only for cosmetic purposes.

Thanks in advance, idk if this is a brain dead question pls explain.

I’m asking this because I see a lot of people saying they want these kind of surgery’s and I just think to myself why not just get implants.
I don't know if implants can withstand blows to the face, so if you're doing combat sports its shit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: NZb6Air, urcin and haus33
not a single correct information in your introduction, maybe google the terms you're using first?

Isn’t a flimsy plate holding a bone together weaker than a fat ass metal implant?
even metal implants don't sit tight, they sit flimsy so repetitive blows can make them migrate I guess

• +1
Reactions: urcin
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: PeakIncels and Funnyunenjoyer1
no use google

??? titanium plates screwed into the bone at multiple points + scar tissue & other tissues trapping it too
that's kinda cool ngl

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
no use google

??? titanium plates screwed into the bone at multiple points + scar tissue & other tissues trapping it too
like imagine someone punches you and the titanium makes them get damaged back a little
like poison of Minecraft

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
like imagine someone punches you and the titanium makes them get damaged back a little
like poison of Minecraft
i been doing mma for 5 years, getting implants is gonna be a boost lol not a malus

• Love it
Reactions: PeakIncels
no use google

Idk Whats wrong in what I said so can you be a little helpful and at least tell me what term or what i said is wrong so I can google it. I won’t know what to google if I don’t know what’s wrong