What's the downside to lifting heavy weights 6 days a week?

Dogs

Dogs

The Tribe
I want to gain muscle faster, will lifting 6 days a week help or is that too little recovery for the majority of people?

If you give enough recovery time between same muscle group its ideal

Counter productive if you aren't roidmaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: Bennett, Deleted member 4209, Cleftcel and 3 others
No downside. Besides the no gym for face

• JFL
Reactions: diggbicc
a bit excessive, not sure if you'll actually get gains if you don't let your body recover, and your joints will hurt more once you're old

If you want to gain weight this is not the best way. To increase muscles you need rest, about 2 days rest for each muscle.
Now if you want to get stronger it certainly helps.
There is also a danger that you will get overtrained

depends on genetics. my body stopped gaining at 6 times a week pplpplx routine. lp/up/x/ppl/x worked best for me

As a beginner, you want to train 3-4 days per week. Lift heavy and do compound exercises, make sure you're also hitting your neck and side deltoids, HARD.
lp/up/x/ppl/c
I get the ppl cause that's what I do but wtf is that? I feel like if I spelled it out loud I would summon a genie or something.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs
As a beginner, you want to train 3-4 days per week. Lift heavy and do compound exercises, make sure you're also hitting your neck and side deltoids, HARD.

I get the ppl cause that's what I do but wtf is that? I feel like if I spelled it out loud I would summon a genie or something.
I've been training 3-4 days a week for a couple months or so sometimes taking a week off. Just getting in the groove before a 24/7 gym opened near me. Then I switched to 4 days but last week I did 5 days.

I used to be much stronger 4-5 years ago, I feel like I'm gaining my strength back at a much faster rate than 6 years ago.

I've been training 3-4 days a week for a couple months or so sometimes taking a week off. Just getting in the groove before a 24/7 gym opened near me. Then I switched to 4 days but last week I did 5 days.

I used to be much stronger 4-5 years ago, I feel like I'm gaining my strength back at a much faster rate than 6 years ago.
Yeah good man

too much start with a full body workout 3× a weak with 1 off day between

The downsides are the time you spend, having to shower and washing your clothes more often.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962
Consumes immense amounts of time out of ur week

Use steroids and then 6 days a week is very good. Natty lifting the maximum is more like 4.
Depends on genetics though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4209
recovery is not best if u lift that often. you could do a body part split 5/6 days but that's not ideal either.

any more than 4 day upper lower or 4 day full body is unnecessary and will probably give you worse results if u are natty. a lot of people fall for the 6 day push-pull-legs/push-pull-legs/off split which is really not ideal for naturals at all.

Nothing is wrong with it

I did 6 day PPL for around 8 months then I had to tune it down big time. I was always so fucking drained mentally, and I noticed my strength and intensity going down big overtime. I think 4-5 days and using your off days for some kind of form for cardio is best. Hit lats and back the most imo they will make you wide as fuck if you have a good base.