What's the point of being kind if God doesn't exist?

lerwaf123

lerwaf123

Platinum
Asked in this way, the question sounds just mean. When believers ask me in this way (and it happens quite often), I am tempted to answer: "Do you really mean to say that you are trying to be kind just to earn the reward and praise of the Lord or to avoid his displeasure and punishment? So, sorry, this is not morality, this is sycophancy, licking boots, constantly looking back at a large celestial surveillance camera or a small bug in your head that monitors your every move and every hidden thought." As Einstein said, "if people are good only because of fear of punishment and desire for reward, then we are really pathetic creatures." In the book The Science of Good and Evil, Michael Shermer calls this argument the "finisher of the argument." If you claim that in the absence of God, nothing will stop you from "committing robbery, violence and murder," your immorality is undeniable, and "others should be advised to stay away from you." If, on the other hand, you admit that

• +1
Reactions: wrist cry, Acion and Mkhzee
christcucks live rent free in your head huh

• JFL
Reactions: Suns9999
Any high iq thoughts?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mkhzee and Suns9999
If you are kind but get shit on by everyone. Of course people notice it and ask themselves why they live like this. Otherwise they are cucks.

It's not the need for immediate reward, it's the need for living a good life. If being kind gives you being screwed over and misery, while seeing everyone else succeed, of course people are going to become les moral. It's a basic human fact and you can't deny it.
I've been a moral person for a long time and also haven't been before that. Life thought me that the sole earthly judge of right and wrong is succes.

And I want succes.

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing and lerwaf123
life on this earth is already miserable as it is, why make it worse for each other by being assholes

• +1
Reactions: Acion, übermog and Klasik616
We are animals, we want safety and comfort so we can reproduce, and being ''kind'' is ''apparently'' part of this process..

I know, it's shocking.. who would have thought..

Being a good person has gotten me nowhere

• +1
Reactions: Acion
why do you think so

You need other people for your safety and comfort, and those people might not be there if you're not kind to them

If you are kind but get shit on by everyone. Of course people notice it and ask themselves why they live like this. Otherwise they are cucks.

It's not the need for immediate reward, it's the need for living a good life. If being kind gives you being screwed over and misery, while seeing everyone else succeed, of course people are going to become les moral. It's a basic human fact and you can't deny it.
I've been a moral person for a long time and also haven't been before that. Life thought me that the sole earthly judge of right and wrong is succes.

And I want succes.
I have noticed that rich, beautiful, successful people have more developed moral qualities. When you are satisfied with life, only then does this altruism, the desire to help others, wake up. When you are unsuccessful, you are fixated only on yourself.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Gonthar, spongebob and autistic_tendencies
god does exist, only a fool would say otherwise

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: garoupilled_, autistic_tendencies, matka and 1 other person
Karmic cycle will bring you back as a ugly Indian subhuman

So this kindness is only based on self-care?
Yes + brain releases chemicals that make you feel good/happy when you have what I've circled in the pyramid of needs below, and to have those things circled, you need people, and to have people you need to be kind

But to be kind you have to learn this. Look at chimpanzees / gorillas / other primates, also at children who are small, and how mean and aggressive they are with other children, until they are ''educated'' that they have to be nice and not behave like that ''to function normally'' in a society

Here we go again with the "If you need book to be good then you no good" take. :lul:

Jesus, allah, budda? Which one
allah was created to either gain power or to lead ppl onto a wrong path or most likely both, hinduism explains alot how the world functions and how the human functions but their gods are metaphorical and some of their gods are demons (yes they exist), aegyptian gods explain human anatomy, modern jewish religion is again created to deter ppl from the real god, greek gods are schizo episodes, northern gods are most likely schizo episodes also, most ,,gods,, or religions that were made are demons that want what only belongs to god (worship) and because humans are corupted they worship those demons

The mistake everyone here makes is expecting something out of it, just like the believers do.
Real kindness is not wanting anything back and being happy with seing a positive reaction

• +1
Reactions: Acion
The mistake everyone here makes is expecting something out of it, just like the believers do.
Real kindness is not wanting anything back and being happy with seing a positive reaction
i mean you will literally burn in hell forever if you dont believe, also yes you do get something out of believing, you get a better life, better health, more happiness etc and also there doesnt have to be a reward or anything, if god says so we have to to do it if we believe in him

i mean you will literally burn in hell forever if you dont believe, also yes you do get something out of believing, you get a better life, better health, more happiness etc and also there doesnt have to be a reward or anything, if god says so we have to to do it if we believe in him
You understood everything wrong what i just said

There's no ultimate point. You do it because you want it reciprocated, or because it makes you feel good, or because you want other people to feel good.

There isn’t one, do you think animals are kind in nature, no they kill each other with no remorse