When did you realize college is a scam?

ChadFucksYourOneitis

ChadFucksYourOneitis

🚩卐 Dharmic heathen 卐
I realize when I was taking a closed book exam. It's retarded af unless your work requires you to think on your feet (e.g. doctors). It's basically a gotcha moment.
Imagine they want you to drink a fire truck worth of material but only a cub of water is relevant.
Unless they teach you how to navigate (providing a study guide) through and tell you exactly what's relevant and what's not, good luck trying to rely on your fickle memory with your overworked brain.

In some class, it's disorganized to the point that I have to teach myself the whole course in order to pass. Going to class is useless, assignments are useless.
College will be replaced with more organized Mooc soon.
I'll quit this shit as soon as I lose my funding.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet, GetShrekt, Clark69 and 7 others
for chad its not a scam, he gets to fuck prime baddies every day.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BearBoy, FailedNormieManlet, GetShrekt and 11 others
when i found myself unemployed with a 110 cum laude / 110 score

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Clark69, Adonis, ChadFucksYourOneitis and 1 other person
Currently college isn't a scam, it's an investment
You invest in a piece of paper which allows you to enter certain industries
But ye going to college for anything that isn't STEM, law or economics is retarded and a massive waste of time and money

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet, GetShrekt, Clark69 and 7 others
Back in HS, There is a programming class where the teacher wants me to write the code with an internet off and no docs given so I need to memorize some archiac syntax. I moved to a new school after just one semester in. JFL

• Woah
Reactions: Don Alejo Garza
when i realized that the girls aren't going to magically like me just because i'm in 'college' and the shit i was before it, is still the same shit.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
But ye going to college for anything that isn't STEM, law or economics is retarded and a massive waste of time and money
It's only a pre requisite if you aren't already bound to work there (aka your parents work for a big firm) you ain't doing shit with it

• Woah
It's only a pre requisite if you aren't already bound to work there (aka your parents work for a big firm) you ain't doing shit with it
nepotism does help but its not the be all and end all
high in demand non meme stem, law or economics degree at a top university within your country is bound to land you a job

• Woah
"college teaches you how to learn bro"

• JFL
Reactions: Jenik, thereallegend, ChadFucksYourOneitis and 1 other person
nepotism does help but its not the be all and end all
high in demand non meme stem, law or economics degree at a top university within your country is bound to land you a job
I have One of what you listed and nada, i had 2 interviews in which they told me they appreciated my knowledge but they were looking for "something else", as in Classic hypergamy fashion i started to aim for even lower positions that ppl with an undergrad should aim for (i have a master) and still nothing, not even a call back, i then went for the lowest of the lowest (manual labor Jobs) and still nothing because i'm too qualified. At this point i'm convinced i'm completely cooked

• Woah
Reactions: Don Alejo Garza and thereallegend
when i entered the workforce and my life became better compared to college

my college experience was being friends with curries (well actually i didnt really made any friends at college, just people i use to hang out with), pointless college and clubbing parties where i got shit, 4 digit posts on psl, gymceling at friday nights, getting dumped in 3rd semester, dryspell, tinder dates which lead to nothing, being broke, depression hitting at 2am in front of pc, being alone in the library with some gooks

college was shit for me but i acknowledge it can be awesome for others, simply because you have a lot of freetime at your hand. but i think you need to be good looking otherwise college time will be just mediocre and disappointing

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, ChadFucksYourOneitis and Deleted member 21340
I have One of what you listed and nada, i had 2 interviews in which they told me they appreciated my knowledge but they were looking for "something else", as in Classic hypergamy fashion i started to aim for even lower positions that ppl with an undergrad should aim for (i have a master) and still nothing, not even a call back, i then went for the lowest of the lowest (manual labor Jobs) and still nothing because i'm too qualified. At this point i'm convinced i'm completely cooked
i find this hard to believe
what degree do you have and how highly ranked was the uni you went to in regards to other unis in your country

and jfl at you including your masters degree in an application for a manual laborer job

when i entered the workforce and my life became better compared to college

my college experience was being friends with curries (well actually i didnt really made any friends at college, just people i use to hang out with), pointless college and clubbing parties where i got shit, 4 digit posts on psl, gymceling at friday nights, getting dumped in 3rd semester, dryspell, tinder dates which lead to nothing, being broke, depression hitting at 2am in front of pc, being alone in the library with some gooks

college was shit for me but i acknowledge it can be awesome for others, simply because you have a lot of freetime at your hand. but i think you need to be good looking otherwise college time will be just mediocre and disappointing
How good looking, what do you reckon is the benchmark for looks (and height?) to get that ideal college experience
Bc im thinking about applying to uni within the upcoming weeks

i find this hard to believe
what degree do you have and how highly ranked was the uni you went to in regards to other unis in your country

and jfl at you including your masters degree in an application for a manual laborer job
top 3 uni nationally for many years. I have no relevant experience to add in that regard. 110 cum laude. And yes it may be hard to believe but it's the state of hypergamy for jobs in 2022.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 21340
How good looking, what do you reckon is the benchmark for looks (and height?) to get that ideal college experience
Bc im thinking about applying to uni within the upcoming weeks
i think college is definitely worth it regardless of looks

if you were not that succesful during highschool i wouldnt count that it will change during college though (at least if you dont change physically, eg many get more manly between 18 and 20 etc, i look way better with mid20 then with 18 for example, no oldcel cope)
also i didnt nt max. in europe you dont live on campus like in the us, you just go to uni for lectures, exercise and exam (pre/after corona). so i went there and didnt talk to anyone really.

so if i could back time i would have tried to make more friends with a circle that includes women etc but at the beginning of my studies i had a gf and my old highschool friends so i hanged out with them which was giga retarded. later lived in a dorm outside with mostly gook/indian exchange students

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21340
The rest of the world isn’t italiastan and corrupt with nepotism by that much

• Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: thereallegend and the BULL
When the student loans payments start to hit

• +1
When I was looking for a work placement during Covid lockdowns and the university barely helped me look for one and I had to do everything my self.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend and ChadFucksYourOneitis
problem is you need a degree to have a decent chance at getting hired

and only like 5 degrees are even good

nursing, engineering, accounting, IT, computer science

then grad school for medicine

don't ever listen to the scammers who try to tell you can just sit in your room and "learn skills" and beat out people with college degrees, your resume will be passed over by ATS

• +1
Reactions: AlexanderTheGreat11, GetShrekt, ChadFucksYourOneitis and 1 other person
problem is you need a degree to have a decent chance at getting hired

and only like 5 degrees are even good

nursing, engineering, accounting, IT, computer science

then grad school for medicine

don't ever listen to the scammers who try to tell you can just sit in your room and "learn skills" and beat out people with college degrees, your resume will be passed over by ATS
It’s all bullshit. You don’t need a piece of paper to get hired. They’re people that graduated in computer science and they’re currently fucking doing food deliveries to get by.

• +1
Reactions: Trilogy
I realize when I was taking a closed book exam. It's retarded af unless your work requires you to think on your feet (e.g. doctors). It's basically a gotcha moment.
Imagine they want you to drink a fire truck worth of material but only a cub of water is relevant.
Unless they teach you how to navigate (providing a study guide) through and tell you exactly what's relevant and what's not, good luck trying to rely on your fickle memory with your overworked brain.

In some class, it's disorganized to the point that I have to teach myself the whole course in order to pass. Going to class is useless, assignments are useless.
College will be replaced with more organized Mooc soon.
I'll quit this shit as soon as I lose my funding.
Reason i didn't go, spending that much time, money(potential earnings I could have) and effort for a piece of paper I won't use. You can learn most of the shit you need online anyways

• +1
Tbh its not really a scam in a non traditional sense, its just not made for people without any money tbh. A lot of people weigh the value of college to the centralization of prime aged people. School is a cult and rite of passage. If your not in school, then you'd better be well off in the higher tier of fraternity order or your pretty much cut off from socialization.

And in that regards, a lot of people value college based on that.. Its actually autistic to not think this is the main reason people go to college, Its more "better understood than said".

People larp like their actually doing something, but common sense lets you know the internet is a far superior teacher than centralized books and studys. And when it comes to jobs, experience in the field of study is all it really takes to become good at it. So it really is this sort of fraternity order that is the main meat/value of college.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, AlexanderTheGreat11, thereallegend and 2 others
Is psychology considered good? Like, I'm in it for the money, idgaf if someone dies or sth

It's not a scam, it's what you make of it
If you choose a shit major and don't network, then of course it's a scam

But if you study certain STEM fields and network, you can earn 6 figures as a 22 year old

Like most things in life college is just what you make of it

• +1
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis
It’s all bullshit. You don’t need a piece of paper to get hired. They’re people that graduated in computer science and they’re currently fucking doing food deliveries to get by.

Computer science is one of those high risk high reward fields

You can make 300k at Google or you can be completely unemployed, or even working some 40k a year job

• Woah
Is psychology considered good? Like, I'm in it for the money, idgaf if someone dies or sth
One of the worst and most normie majors, do not go to college to study any social sciences. Even economics is shit.
Business is shit unless you're at a target school that recruits for finance. The only other legit option in business is accounting but it's soul crushing.

STEM, specifically CS is ideal and not as hard as people act like it is. Many CS jobs are remote and they pay extremely well. The actual work you do on the job is far easier than college schoolwork.

Yes tbh
unless youre autistically engrossed by the subject that is psychology its a bit of a waste of time
Only really have two career options, psychology prof/teacher or a therapist/psychiatrist, both having a median icnome of 45k USD in my country

If youre in it for solely the money, best bet is one of the degrees i mentioned aforehand (law, stem, economics), possibly computer science as well although thats becoming extremely over saturated

Degrees are a complete scam, but the job market is saturated so employers will reject you based off not having a certain useless piece of paper.
They will also pay you less if you don't have this paper even if you do the exact same work.

Every single guy I know that has started working after university tells me that everything they learned is useless and you learn what you need to know at your job.

I am convinced that universities/colleges are subsidized to further brainwash the average citizen into submission. They don't want free-thinkers, people taking risks, setting up companies, etc. They want people that are used to working 9-5 and content with that. Also too invested to quit (oh my god what a waste of your degree/talent) etc.

Our masters need worker-drones, and thats what the school/academia system is for.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt, Clark69, dreamcake1mo and 2 others

Fuck no

To work as a psychiatrist, you need to go to medical school, then yes, it’s worth it

But no guarantee you get psychiatry as a specialty

Otherwise therapists don’t make a lot

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thereallegend and ChadFucksYourOneitis
Computer science is one of those high risk high reward fields

You can make 300k at Google or you can be completely unemployed, or even working some 40k a year job
Complete bullshit. CS degrees at decent schools have absurdly high employment rates. Every former CS major I know has a steady well paying job. Such cope. CS is the mogger degree, nothing else competes in pay, comfort, remote work. Only downside is not much prestige but at least people still see you as smart.

Yes tbh
unless youre autistically engrossed by the subject that is psychology its a bit of a waste of time
Only really have two career options, psychology prof/teacher or a therapist/psychiatrist, both having a median icnome of 45k USD in my country

If youre in it for solely the money, best bet is one of the degrees i mentioned aforehand (law, stem, economics), possibly computer science as well although thats becoming extremely over saturated
Economics is decent but not worth the effort, you could certainly choose a far worse degree than that.

WALL OF TEXT. IF YOU'RE EVEN CONSIDERING LAW/MEDICINE READ THIS:

Law is one of the biggest traps, one that many people who chose easier social science majors but want to make money fall into. They see the prestige and pay of a lawyer and glamorize it's lifestyle based on movies/tv shows.

Software is ideal for people that don't want to dedicate their lives to their work.
When someone becomes a doctor or a lawyer, that's their life. They invest so much time into getting there and then their entire life revolves around that until they die.
Whereas in software you have plenty of WFH opportunities and unlimited vacation time. It's extremely easy to take a few months off with no work on a whim then go find another equally prestigious job. Don't get it twisted the pay scaling in this field mogs every field other than investment banking/wealth management. Senior software engineers make over $250,000 and people often get promoted from junior to senior after 1-2 years.

This isn't even mentioning the SHEER AMOUNT of schooling a lawyer or doctor must go through along with the rigorous testing. That's many years of their lives spent reading books spending a fuck ton of money in law/med school preparing for exams. Meanwhile the software engineer is stacking 6 figure paychecks for all those years, building their wealth.

Law/medicine is the best way to fast track yourself to alcoholism and an early death from stress.
I wouldn't recommend CS for everyone though, not everyone is built for this type of thinking and many people get weeded out of classes early on.
Plus this is the best career path if you want to become self-employed.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Don Alejo Garza
Complete bullshit. CS degrees at decent schools have absurdly high employment rates. Every former CS major I know has a steady well paying job. Such cope. CS is the mogger degree, nothing else competes in pay, comfort, remote work. Only downside is not much prestige but at least people still see you as smart.
Computer science is such failio degree lmao. Just imagine. Girl: So what do you do for a living. Man: errrr, I stare at a screen all day. JFL. Every man and their dog trys to get into computer science the field is saturated af.

when i realized i didn't want to be a wage cucking cubical slut, and also didn't want to be a liberal arts major oxygen thief.

• +1
Reactions: ManletBlackcel
Computer science is such failio degree lmao. Just imagine. Girl: So what do you do for a living. Man: errrr, I stare at a screen all day. JFL. Every man and their dog trys to get into computer science the field is saturated af.
Who cares man, not everything is about impressing women. Why would I go into a shittier field bc of what some random person thinks?
Plus this is the fastest growing and one of the best paid fields. Keep coping while I make $150k at 22

Who cares man, not everything is about impressing women.
The only reason men go into computer science is for the money to impress bitches. Jfl if you think any of these nerds dream career as kid was to stare at a screen all day.
Why would I go into a shittier field bc of what some random person thinks?
Why do men get hair cuts, destroy their legs to get leg lengthening, go to the gym to get ripped? Rearrange their face to get a better jaw? Play sports instead reading books? Hmmm you tell me 🤔
Plus this is the fastest growing and one of the best paid fields. Keep coping while I make $150k at 22
So what if you make $150k? There are people marking millions every second from just breathing and there are people slaving away for peanuts. The fuck should I care about how much money someone makes when there are literal billionaires that exist in this world.

• +1
Reactions: Clark69
Degrees are a complete scam, but the job market is saturated so employers will reject you based off not having a certain useless piece of paper.
They will also pay you less if you don't have this paper even if you do the exact same work.

Every single guy I know that has started working after university tells me that everything they learned is useless and you learn what you need to know at your job.

I am convinced that universities/colleges are subsidized to further brainwash the average citizen into submission. They don't want free-thinkers, people taking risks, setting up companies, etc. They want people that are used to working 9-5 and content with that. Also too invested to quit (oh my god what a waste of your degree/talent) etc.

Our masters need worker-drones, and thats what the school/academia system is for.
agree with this totally

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston and ManletBlackcel
I only went cos I want to go into some biological/energy field and u need a degree

The only reason men go into computer science is for the money to impress bitches. Jfl if you think any of these nerds dream career as kid was to stare at a screen all day.

Why do men get hair cuts, destroy their legs to get leg lengthening, go to the gym to get ripped? Rearrange their face to get a better jaw? Play sports instead reading books? Hmmm you tell me 🤔

So what if you make $150k? There are people marking millions every second from just breathing and there are people slaving away for peanuts. The fuck should I care about how much money someone makes when there are literal billionaires that exist in this world.
I would rather be making $150,000 from the comfort of my home than making $50,000 in some dead end-job.
Billionaires existing doesn't mean it's pointless to make above average money. Why wouldn't I want to live as comfortably as possible?
I'm in this field to make a fuck ton of money and relax half the work day playing video games in my home. It's that simple.

• +1
Reactions: Don Alejo Garza and ManletBlackcel
I would rather be making $150,000 from the comfort of my home than making $50,000 in some dead end-job.
Billionaires existing doesn't mean it's pointless to make above average money. Why wouldn't I want to live as comfortably as possible?
I'm in this field to make a fuck ton of money and relax half the work day playing video games in my home. It's that simple.
Respect. I’m too low iq for computer science and bad at maths. I even failed my uni degree in wildlife conservation because I’m stupid. You’re clearly a bright lad you will go far in your career unlike me who will be stuck wageslaving

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
its not:

1. parents are paying in full
2. i got to bang my first tall girl

Respect. I’m too low iq for computer science and bad at maths. I even failed my uni degree in wildlife conservation because I’m stupid. You’re clearly a bright lad you will go far in your career unlike me who will be stuck wageslaving
We're both wageslaves mate, it's inevitable. I'm just trying to be a comfortable slave. I'm not trying to be the main character or change the world. I just wanna work as little as possible and enjoy video games, relaxing outdoors, and other copes. Don't doom yourself to retail hell. How old are you? If below 30 you have plenty of options even with low IQ. I'm not a genius myself I'd say I'm average IQ compared to the people here.