When do you (not) need orthodontics before bimax?

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Chasing Vanity
I had orthodontics and my bite ended up like this:
B

B2

As you can see, I still have a slight overjet. The orthodontics included braces, herbst appliance and also elastics for a short time towards the end of the treatment. I'm not sure what the purpose was tbh. Didn't care back then.

Anyway, I realized that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get bimax after all if I want to improve my submental area. But idk how I'm supposed to afford or even just run around with braces again for like a year if needed.

I'm looking at a couple mm's CCW rotation bimax like this:
gifbm-gif.1373347

Am I gonna need orthodontics again for this?

@Acromegaly_Chad @SixCRY @RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    51 KB · Views: 22
  • b.png
    b.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9467
good question +1

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
You look like you can get surgery-first approach with your current occlusion. My ortho was a cuck and tilted my teeth to "fix" my malocclusion so now I have to pay money to fix what that idiot did before getting bimax.

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: never_lucky and ifyouwannabemylover
You look like you can get surgery-first approach with your current occlusion. My ortho was a cuck and tilted my teeth to "fix" my malocclusion so now I have to pay money to fix what that idiot did before getting bimax.
barely anyone offers surgery first but ngl I'd rather just not want any orthodontics at all. perhaps slight fine tuning after if it's just a few months.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
I had orthodontics and my bite ended up like this:
View attachment 1374845

View attachment 1374832

As you can see, I still have a slight overjet. The orthodontics included braces, herbst appliance and also elastics for a short time towards the end of the treatment. I'm not sure what the purpose was tbh. Didn't care back then.

Anyway, I realized that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get bimax after all if I want to improve my submental area. But idk how I'm supposed to afford or even just run around with braces again for like a year if needed.

I'm looking at a couple mm's CCW rotation bimax like this:
gifbm-gif.1373347

Am I gonna need orthodontics again for this?

@Acromegaly_Chad @SixCRY @RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS
No. If your teeth are aligned you can get surgery first. Only if the surgery would change the alignment you would have to get braces before as well.

• Love it
No. If your teeth are aligned you can get surgery first. Only if the surgery would change the alignment you would have to get braces before as well.
lifefuel but what exactly do you mean aligned?

Last edited:
lifefuel but what exactly do you mean with aligned?
Well. After the bimax you want to have a proper bite. If your bite is fine and not a class 2 or some shit then they can move both jaws forward by an equal amount. The question is if that is what you want. If you want more lower jaw advancement than upper you would have to realign your teeth first so you can have a bigger lower jaw advancement. Or you get ccw for example. It depends on the goal and bimax

• +1
Well. After the bimax you want to have a proper bite. If your bite is fine and not a class 2 or some shit then they can move both jaws forward by an equal amount. The question is if that is what you want. If you want more lower jaw advancement than upper you would have to realign your teeth first so you can have a bigger lower jaw advancement. Or you get ccw for example. It depends on the goal and bimax
I want CCW like this
gifbm-gif.1373347

like I said I still have a slight overjet. when I just jut my lower jaw forward to correct the overjet, my molars don't seem to be in contact properly.

If you had orthodontic compensation done before (inclining top incisors back and bottom incisors frontwards) then you'll have to have this unmade. There are some cases in where the surgeon will ask to get the bite worse in order to allow a bigger advancement. I was lucky enough to hear that I ain't needing any of this and I'll be able to get operated as soon as the bone grows after premolar extraction, although I had used braces in the past.

• +1
Reactions: one job away and ifyouwannabemylover
If you had orthodontic compensation done before (inclining top incisors back and bottom incisors frontwards) then you'll have to have this unmade. There are some cases in where the surgeon will ask to get the bite worse in order to allow a bigger advancement. I was lucky enough to hear that I ain't needing any of this and I'll be able to get operated as soon as the bone grows after premolar extraction, although I had used braces in the past.
idk if I had compensation tbh

Does the tip of your upper and bottom incisors touch? Also, mirin your wide palate.
well they don't due to overjet. my bite is exactly like in the pics in the op. first pic was taken from a below angle to show the gap.

yeah palate is decent I guess. can't be fucked in every category.

Last edited: