When taking mirror selfies, always make sure to place the phone at head level, never below.

R

ronald_2

Iron
Whenever I took a mirror selfie I always ended up looking really bad, totally out of proportion. My head always looked too big in relation to my body. I looked short and with a long head.
It always left me wondering: "do I really look like that?", "is the image I see in the mirror distorted and the camera is how people actually see me?".
That is why when posting pics of myself on social media, hookup sites, etc, I had to resort to just closeup photos.

Not until today that I realized the reason the proportions always looked off was that I always used to place the phone at waist level for mirror selfies. So today I tried placing the phone at head level (a little to the right so my face is visible, btw this is why I used to put it at waist level before, because I could place it right at the center and it was much easier) and the result was amazing to me: the photo actually looked good, no distortion whatsoever, it was just like watching myself in the mirror.

So there you have it. I'm sure many already knew about this, but in case you were like me and always struggled to capture a good mirror selfie, then you can find this information useful.

Peace

• +1
Reactions: dawooddX, Outerz14 and Snowskinned
No fucking way, thank you

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and ronald_2
Whenever I took a mirror selfie I always ended up looking really bad, totally out of proportion. My head always looked too big in relation to my body. I looked short and with a long head.
It always left me wondering: "do I really look like that?", "is the image I see in the mirror distorted and the camera is how people actually see me?".
That is why when posting pics of myself on social media, hookup sites, etc, I had to resort to just closeup photos.

Not until today that I realized the reason the proportions always looked off was that I always used to place the phone at waist level for mirror selfies. So today I tried placing the phone at head level (a little to the right so my face is visible, btw this is why I used to put it at waist level before, because I could place it right at the center and it was much easier) and the result was amazing to me: the photo actually looked good, no distortion whatsoever, it was just like watching myself in the mirror.

So there you have it. I'm sure many already knew about this, but in case you were like me and always struggled to capture a good mirror selfie, then you can find this information useful.

Peace
Ngl I either use Snapchat camera or WhatsApp bro

• +1
Reactions: Rzn, thereallegend and ronald_2
Imagine men from the 1900s making kissy lips in the mirror trying to take a selfie

• JFL
Reactions: ronald_2