which bimax surgeons offer expansion during surgery

D

Deleted member 16683

Kraken
title, i'm thinking some maxillary and palatal expansion would be good for me and widen my mouth and give me better es ratio.

Any good bimax surgeon?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683
Any good bimax surgeon?
i'm confused abt all this stuff i've been reading like mse sarpe marpe and shit like wtf how am i supposed to choose and figure out what to get lmfao

• +1
Reactions: Marsik
all of them

sunil richardson for you poor canuckcel

As far as I know, the only thing they do during bimax that expands the palate is segmental Lefort, and I would think most if not all do that.

• +1
As far as I know, the only thing they do during bimax that expands the palate is segmental Lefort, and I would think most if not all do that.

so based on this article segmentsl lefort is better than sarpe

what is the best means of expansion for aesthetic results? my goal is more bone and widening of the face and wider mouth

so based on this article segmentsl lefort is better than sarpe

what is the best means of expansion for aesthetic results? my goal is more bone and widening of the face and wider mouth
There was more relapse with the SARPE but there was also significantly more expansion in the first place. As far as I know, segmental Lefort does not widen the face, only the palate. SARPE might. If it doesn't then SAMARPE or equivalent might. If you're young you can do MSE which does. Someone else can weigh in. The drawbacks of SARPE (and other techniques besides segmental Lefort) is that it requires more time (if you're getting bimax too), you have to get braces afterwards, it can cause asymmetry (although maybe this can be corrected with bimax?), it can widen the nose, and it's unpredictable.

Last edited:
  • +1
There was more relapse with the SARPE but there was also significantly more expansion in the first place. As far as I know, segmental Lefort does not widen the face, only the palate. SARPE might. If it doesn't then SAMARPE or equivalent might. If you're young you can do MSE which does. Someone else can weigh in. The drawbacks of SARPE (and other techniques besides segmental Lefort) is that it requires more time (if you're getting bimax too), you have to get braces afterwards, it can cause asymmetry (although maybe this can be corrected with bimax?), and it's unpredictable.
ugh i can't take thissss like i'm gonna have to do trial and error for this stuff that will probably have minimal effect anyways like there's no guarantee it will even have an aesthetic benefit right

i also have not seen many aesthetic improvement results b&a

ugh i can't take thissss like i'm gonna have to do trial and error for this stuff that will probably have minimal effect anyways like there's no guarantee it will even have an aesthetic benefit right

i also have not seen many aesthetic improvement results b&a
Just get a couple consults and ask the surgeons what they think. The whole facial expansion with MSE could be a meme. I don't know. It might be better to just get implants afterwards. At least you're not in the same boat at 39 years of age.

• +1
Just get a couple consults and ask the surgeons what they think. The whole facial expansion with MSE could be a meme. I don't know. It might be better to just get implants afterwards. At least you're not in the same boat at 39 years of age.
i'll probably do that thanks.

would implants produce the same results aesthetically? i'm just scared of an unnatural looking result from implants especially bc i have a narrow mouth but i don't think my palate is even narrow idk tho
D74B7B03 4F34 4E79 80B5 EEB9F66CAC0F

I think the actual impact on facial width from MSE is minimal or possibly even non-existent, although I get wanting to get every natural mm you possibly can. Implants should have a bigger impact. It depends on the size and shape of the implants though. It sucks that plastic surgery is pretty much in the dark ages.
Your palate doesn't look that narrow to me. I'm pretty sure mine is much more narrow.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper and Deleted member 16683
They both relapse the same amount, the only difference is that segmented lf1 is quicker but has a limit of 6mm.

• +1
I think the actual impact on facial width from MSE is minimal or possibly even non-existent, although I get wanting to get every natural mm you possibly can. Implants should have a bigger impact. It depends on the size and shape of the implants though. It sucks that plastic surgery is pretty much in the dark ages.
Your palate doesn't look that narrow to me. I'm pretty sure mine is much more narrow.
ronald ead had some pretty good facial gains from his orthotropics which is why i feel inclined to try and go this route instead of doing surgery first. idk if i measured my imw properly but i think it was like near the average of 50 i think

ronald ead had some pretty good facial gains from his orthotropics which is why i feel inclined to try and go this route instead of doing surgery first. idk if i measured my imw properly but i think it was like near the average of 50 i think
No way it’s a 50 IMW, that’s basically ideal hunter gatherer tier. I would say you are at 40 IMW. Look up MSE providers and there is a list of all the providers, pick multiple and go for consultations then ask them to measure your IMW as well. In my mind MSE + Invaslign or MSE + Braces is a prerequisite before doing any type of implants etc. It sets the base and structure for everything else going forward. It just usually takes 1 yr 6 months. There are some good before after Mse’s if you look it up on Reddit. Especially of a girl.