which orthodontic procedures to avoid??

yoApolloboy

yoApolloboy

Iron
I'm going at the orthodontist in some days and i'm thinking about what should I avoid to do, like braces, twin-block, invisalign, wisdom tooth removal, this things...
any tips or recommendations?? I have a good jawline but I think I might have a small crossbite

well, go to the ortho and see what he reccomends, then come back, avoid extraction at all costs

Maxillary expander will ascend you, but you'll get scammed, and pay like 10k for 4 screws jfl.

• JFL
Reactions: okwiwhd
extractions if its not to decompensate for jaw surgery. if you get jaw surgery afterwards its fine and will allow for more bone movement. wisdom extractions are ok.

• +1
Reactions: yoApolloboy
well, go to the ortho and see what he reccomends, then come back, avoid extraction at all costs

Maxillary expander will ascend you, but you'll get scammed, and pay like 10k for 4 screws jfl.
where I live any orthodontic process it's pretty cheap so it definitely will be accessible but it is really necessary to use a maxillary expander? my palate is at the normal size and I'm able to fit my tongue on it without problems

where I live any orthodontic process it's pretty cheap so it definitely will be accessible but it is really necessary to use a maxillary expander? my palate is at the normal size and I'm able to fit my tongue on it without problems
you mentioned a cross bite, when you smile, how many teeth are visible?

I'm going at the orthodontist in some days and i'm thinking about what should I avoid to do, like braces, twin-block, invisalign, wisdom tooth removal, this things...
any tips or recommendations?? I have a good jawline but I think I might have a small crossbite
Why not do braces?

you mentioned a cross bite, when you smile, how many teeth are visible?
8 teeths but there's one at the right side of my face that is really on the back that appears a little bit so u can say that are 9 visible upper teeth

Why not do braces?
i'm not sure, i saw some people in this forum making a fuss about it, saying that it could be bad and fuck your face but I have no further knowledge about it so I decided to ask

extractions if its not to decompensate for jaw surgery. if you get jaw surgery afterwards its fine and will allow for more bone movement. wisdom extractions are ok.

Yo I am soon 18 and I have a really recessed maxilla because I had premolar extractions like 3-4 years ago along with braces and a lot of mouth breathing during that time. I know look like a fucking alien from the side and I’m looking into getting surgery for reversing the changes, do you have any tips? I am an athlete so I don’t know how easy it would be with the whole jaw surgery thing

Yo I am soon 18 and I have a really recessed maxilla because I had premolar extractions like 3-4 years ago along with braces and a lot of mouth breathing during that time. I know look like a fucking alien from the side and I’m looking into getting surgery for reversing the changes, do you have any tips? I am an athlete so I don’t know how easy it would be with the whole jaw surgery thing
i dont see what being an athlete has to do with it but yeah jaw surgery is what you need. send pics if you want to know more .

I Try to avoid elastics as they hinder growth /recess your face

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
People here will recommend expanders, I don’t like it because it makes the nose wider.

People here will recommend expanders, I don’t like it because it makes the nose wider.
It makes the inside of the bone wider, it will literraly help you breathe.
I think the nose bone stays the same but the maxilla expands the insides, the maxilla bone "wall" is quite thin and goes to the inside of the nose, will not expand actual nose.

It makes the inside of the bone wider, it will literraly help you breathe.
I think the nose bone stays the same but the maxilla expands the insides, the maxilla bone "wall" is quite thin and goes to the inside of the nose, will not expand actual nose.
The lower half of the nose definitely gets wider