Which ratios are scientifically proven to be appealing/attractive

Jonas2k7

Jonas2k7

🦅Minister of the New Birds🦅
There are a lot of studies on FWHR and midface ratio as an example.

What ratios matter too and aren't just "muh this exact ratio is off by 1mm :geek::tiny:"

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts and NZb6Air
What are you asking exactly

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: n9wiff, truthhurts and Jonas2k7
This ratio nigger

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: chudlite, Kelly Oubre Jr, diditeverbegin and 7 others
post to rep

• JFL
Reactions: Kelly Oubre Jr, Jonas2k7 and n9wiff
What are you asking exactly
Are there other equally important ratios (with proof) that I should focus on surgically? I've seen that bimax improves a lot of ratios at the same time (fwhr, midface, gonial angle,...) so there should be a golden ratio of everything right?

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Are there other equally important ratios (with proof) that I should focus on surgically? I've seen that bimax improves a lot of ratios at the same time (fwhr, midface, gonial angle,...) so there should be a golden ratio of everything right?
Your chin should be 2:1 to your philtrum, one of the underrated ratios. Cucks you gigahard

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7
that's not how you approach it lol, you don't do every single ratio in existence first

you just look at your flaws and fix them : if your eyes look like shit you check where does it come from skeletally first, you don't do some nigger ratio like third eye and then say i need more medial canthus :soy:

idk jsut send ur face

• +1
0.46 esr shown to be scientifically ideal

• +1
@thebuffdon690 I remember seeing your thread
could you explain why ratios even "look good" why is it how it is? Is it affected by beauty standards? Is our vision on beauty not maybe distorted because we hyperfixate on looks? Is a little amount of imperfection maybe even better than having every scientifically perfect ratio?

Looking good is the product of being seen as a healthy, well developed person. Are the ratios the product of this healthy condition?

If some people are seen as PSL gods why do they not look perfect like some people say, Jordan Barrett as an example being seen as a "gay alien" or Sean O'Pry looking uncanny, Chico looking too soft but having appeal?

What exactly is appeal? Isn't appeal correlated with PSL?

Just some thoughts and questions

In my opinion Hernandez De la Cruz is the perfect PSL god btw :lul:

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690
could you explain why ratios even "look good" why is it how it is? Is it affected by beauty standards? Is our vision on beauty not maybe distorted because we hyperfixate on looks? Is a little amount of imperfection maybe even better than having every scientifically perfect ratio?

Looking good is the product of being seen as a healthy, well developed person. Are the ratios the product of this healthy condition?

If some people are seen as PSL gods why do they not look perfect like some people say, Jordan Barrett as an example being seen as a "gay alien" or Sean O'Pry looking uncanny, Chico looking too soft but having appeal?

@NZb6Air @Orc

the ones that matter the most are
esr , midface , fwhr , chin to philtrum , jaw width and maybe pfl (a maybe) bcz rounded eyes look so cucked imo

• +1

Great question dude

In terms of your overall question, I can’t speak on that specifically because I don’t have the knowledge for surgeries, as I don’t need them. But I can answer this question you just asked:

Ratios is just one part of a complete face. Ofc all the combined ratios form the facial harmony metric, and this is important for not looking too disfigured or out of the ordinary

Take this morph for example:
A65D31EB 9136 4F58 9332 1070C146637E

He is clearly average in every single way, colouring, eye colour etc. But since he has perfect front harmony, he passes the threshold of being considered “normal” looking by societal standards: hence harmony holds the base anchor which you can build upon, which is featured in my facial calculator.

A girl won’t consider his face ugly (if she’s being honest) even though she may consider it average. It’s basically in my opinion just a slider which determines how normal you look as a human. Proper attractiveness as a male is further achieved by things like dimorphism and your softmax score, but harmony holds the most weight.

Is our vision on beauty not maybe distorted because we hyperfixate on looks?

I wouldn’t say it’s distorted, no amount of hyperfixation on looks will every override the subjective perception that people have when looking at faces. This is intuition is not something which can be quantified with ratios, it’s just a metric which tries to pave its way objectively as much as possible, but ultimately this will never be achieved through science.

Is a little amount of imperfection maybe even better than having every scientifically perfect ratio?

Yes of course, I would argue it’s more important for PSL though, as having more flaws is usually correlated to being more striking as I’ve observed.

I would assume so yes to some degree, although mostly still influenced by scientific studies which are still somewhat subjective of course.

PSL gods were never meant to look perfect, simply more striking with rare features which presented themselves on the higher end of the rarity bell curve statistically. But then again this strikingness is what can account for some peoples perception of perfection for certain faces. Barrett is a good example, his face is extremely polarising to where some people consider him a gay alien and others consider him striking and perfect looking. Same with o pry. It largely depends on the intuition that people are subjectively brought up to adopt, which of course can’t be accounted for with just ratios.

And yes appeal and PSL are correlated I would argue that it’s important to have a mixture of both to achieve maximum potential, without becoming to high in one which would diminish the other in return. Thanks for your questions though this was a good write, gonna bookmark this to use in a later thread maybe.

• Love it
Great question dude

In terms of your overall question, I can’t speak on that specifically because I don’t have the knowledge for surgeries, as I don’t need them. But I can answer this question you just asked:

Ratios is just one part of a complete face. Ofc all the combined ratios form the facial harmony metric, and this is important for not looking too disfigured or out of the ordinary

Take this morph for example:
View attachment 3149996
He is clearly average in every single way, colouring, eye colour etc. But since he has perfect front harmony, he passes the threshold of being considered “normal” looking by societal standards: hence harmony holds the base anchor which you can build upon, which is featured in my facial calculator.

A girl won’t consider his face ugly (if she’s being honest) even though she may consider it average. It’s basically in my opinion just a slider which determines how normal you look as a human. Proper attractiveness as a male is further achieved by things like dimorphism and your softmax score, but harmony holds the most weight.

I wouldn’t say it’s distorted, no amount of hyperfixation on looks will every override the subjective perception that people have when looking at faces. This is intuition is not something which can be quantified with ratios, it’s just a metric which tries to pave its way objectively as much as possible, but ultimately this will never be achieved through science.

Yes of course, I would argue it’s more important for PSL though, as having more flaws is usually correlated to being more striking as I’ve observed.

I would assume so yes to some degree, although mostly still influenced by scientific studies which are still somewhat subjective of course.

PSL gods were never meant to look perfect, simply more striking with rare features which presented themselves on the higher end of the rarity bell curve statistically. But then again this strikingness is what can account for some peoples perception of perfection for certain faces. Barrett is a good example, his face is extremely polarising to where some people consider him a gay alien and others consider him striking and perfect looking. Same with o pry. It largely depends on the intuition that people are subjectively brought up to adopt, which of course can’t be accounted for with just ratios.

And yes appeal and PSL are correlated I would argue that it’s important to have a mixture of both to achieve maximum potential, without becoming to high in one which would diminish the other in return. Thanks for your questions though this was a good write, gonna bookmark this to use in a later thread maybe.
I really appreciate the answer bro! Yes, you should use it for a thread in my opinion. On this forum we always try to improve our looks, but with knowledge on the topic what beauty even is, it should be a lot easier now. Thanks again

Mirin high iq user

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690
all wrong btw and how did it tag me
I wanted to reply to u first and wrote some shit and edited it later :lul:

Why should it be wrong? What @thebuffdon690 said was right objectively

• +1
I wanted to reply to u first and wrote some shit and edited it later :lul:

Why should it be wrong? What @thebuffdon690 said was right objectively
Was he even talking about me lol?

• +1
the ratio of your ratios to your other ratios. unironically. one single ratio in isolation doesnt really matter its about harmony and symmetry

• +1
I really appreciate the answer bro! Yes, you should use it for a thread in my opinion. On this forum we always try to improve our looks, but with knowledge on the topic what beauty even is, it should be a lot easier now. Thanks again

Mirin high iq user
Yea I will make a thread at some point outlining how to increase your attractiveness with an emphasis on what beauty is and how can you fit a universal beauty standard from a female standpoint

• Love it
Explain it bro. I mean you can disagree but atleast say what you think
I know, it's not fair but I'm gatekeeping for now tbh cause it goes beyond what's already established in the literature but just regarding what's already water (in the literature) i'd have to make some threads about what harmony means, the retarded feature thinking striking and shit

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts and Jonas2k7
There are a lot of studies on FWHR and midface ratio as an example.

What ratios matter too and aren't just "muh this exact ratio is off by 1mm :geek::tiny:"
Chin to philtrum ratio

• +1
I know, it's not fair but I'm gatekeeping for now tbh cause it goes beyond what's already established in the literature but just regarding what's already water (in the literature) i'd have to make some threads about what harmony means, the retarded feature thinking striking and shit
I really want to expand my knowledge on this, could you please give me at least one tip that will lead me in the right direction?

• +1
  • Love it