Why are asians conditioned to think pale white skin is the most attractive. And western white people conditioned that tanned skin is the most attracti

D

Deleted member 17829

Kraken
Why are asians conditioned to think pale white skin is the most attractive.

and western white people conditioned that tanned skin is the most attractive?

1. is it just to peacockmaxx amongst the majority skin colour?

2. is it because tanned looks better on the undertones of white people.

and pale looks better on the undertones of asian people?

3. is it because of wealth social conditioning? tanned white people are higher status as it shows u go on holidays. / paler white asians are higher status as it shows you dont have an outdoors job? then higher status conditioned taste in beauty?

any other options?

3rd is likely higher
In my country people would find a white guy who is less robust than a black guy more attractive because of decade old smv structure

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
3rd is likely higher
In my country people would find a white guy who is less robust than a black guy more attractive because of decade old smv structure
yeah its ridiculous. i tihnk white phenotype is the least masculine colouring wise

• +1
Reactions: Gandy
tan looks good with western features i.e blonde hair, light eyes, it doesn't with asian features i.e dark hair, dark eyes.

it's all about contrast.

• +1
Reactions: TheDragon, terrorblade, Deleted member 1901 and 1 other person
Tan skin is not better because it looks like u go on holidays 🤣

3. is it because of wealth social conditioning? tanned white people are higher status as it shows u go on holidays. / paler white asians are higher status as it shows you dont have an outdoors job? then higher status conditioned taste in beauty?

any other options?
In Asian society the nobility hardly went outside in the field and so pale skin = wealth. This was amplified after White's took over many Asian societies.

In White society even in the past pale skin was seen as unhealthy or a sign of bad health people who had super pale skin were unhealthy. Its also reversed in developed countries its the wealthy people that can afford to go on vacation so they can tan and poor people who stay inside all day.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
yeah its ridiculous. i tihnk white phenotype is the least masculine colouring wise
Very pale skin on white people looks like shit. I am very pale naturally and I easily got ~double the matches compared to normal just by getting a tan with Melanotan II

Not quite so on asians. Asian men can look good with pale skin for reasons laid above: Good contrast with their natural facial shapes, coloring and features.

It doesn't need to be a Jersey Shore tan, just a light golden brown.
It also hides blemishes, fine lines, some smaller wrinkles on white people. Due to a pale base it also implies you are active outdoors or on the beach instead of rotting at home.

That is attractive especially to more shallow Stacies and 'HTB' girls looking for one night stands.
Even Maher would go down 0.5-1 PSL easily without a tan!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: blatonslatt and owlofathena
Think 1 and 3

It's the 3rd one. Pale skin was popular in the West until the late 20s. It became a status symbol to be tan.

In asia pale skin is associated with being dirty , poor and unclean. In ancient china for example , Rich people could stay inside and avoid the sun. They didn't really have to do manual labor.

• +1
Very pale skin on white people looks like shit. I am very pale naturally and I easily got ~double the matches compared to normal just by getting a tan with Melanotan II

Not quite so on asians. Asian men can look good with pale skin for reasons laid above: Good contrast with their natural facial shapes, coloring and features.

It also hides blemishes, fine lines, some smaller wrinkles on white people. Due to a pale base it also implies you are active outdoors or on the beach instead of rotting at home.

That is attractive especially to more shallow Stacies and 'HTB' girls looking for one night stands.
Very pale and very tan look bad on both.

Everyone looks better with light golden brown

• +1
Light skin is seen high class everywhere in the world, not just Asia. It was the same in Europe too until people started to have enough disposable time and income to go on holidays and spend their free time outdoors. Fast forward now if you are pale you are seen as a shut-in, tan is a status symbol

• +1
Reactions: terrorblade, Chinacurry, Wallenberg and 2 others

Even Maher would go down 0.5-1 PSL easily without a tan!

yeah i agree it looks better to westerners. but asians would prefer that guy if he was pale

In White society even in the past pale skin was seen as unhealthy or a sign of bad health people who had super pale skin were unhealthy. Its also reversed in developed countries its the wealthy people that can afford to go on vacation so they can tan and poor people who stay inside all day.
What are you talking about? Western society is the same, there's just been an ongoing trend since the 80s that associated tanned skin with being rich as you can go to the beach year-round, which hasn't really taken root in the East.

Both ideas are the same; one skin tone is associated with being rich, the other with being poor.

You only have to take a look at beauty standards across the past centuries. Pale skin has always been associated with the nobility, and tanned skin with lower classes working in the field all day under the scorching sun. This has been true since medieval times, possibly even earlier, I remember quite a lot of poems from ancient rome/greece that praised white skin over tan skin.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and Deleted member 17829
What are you talking about? Western society is the same, there's just been an ongoing trend since the 80s that associated tanned skin with being rich as you can go to the beach year-round, which hasn't really taken root in the East.

Both ideas are the same; one skin tone is associated with being rich, the other with being poor.

You only have to take a look at beauty standards across the past centuries. Pale skin has always been associated with the nobility, and tanned skin with lower classes working in the field all day under the scorching sun. This has been true since medieval times, possibly even earlier, I remember quite a lot of poems from ancient rome/greece that praised white skin over tan skin.
Idk wasn't Europe more of a warrior culture?

yeah i agree it looks better to westerners. but asians would prefer that guy if he was pale
I agree. I should add that tan increases your matches in the west.

Asian countries still have a very colonial mentality where the paler you look the better (not necessarily visually - it's the social implication that the person doesn't have to work on a rice field or outdoors in general - no longer relevant in the west, where having a shut-in office job is not a point of prestige, going on holiday to warm destinations is)

I also attracted goth and emo girls when I was pale with no tan, but is that the demographic most guys here want?
They are a whole lot of trouble even for one night stands or FWB, lots of baggage, mental issues, etc.

Attractive western young women generally prefer tans, in my experience, and will mock pale guys as shut-ins, geeks, etc.

Another thing in favor of tanning: It brings out muscles at any body fat (if you are at 18%, you wont see them at all while pale, same guy with a tan - visible musculature and inserts!)

Exact same person a couple days and a spray tan apart, but the one on the left looks geeky, the one on the right looks like fit and active club goer, while in reality there is no difference in his fitness level.

Last edited:
  • +1
tan looks good with western features i.e blonde hair, light eyes
Yeah, but the tan shouldn't be too strong. Dark tan on a girl with blue eyes and blond hair looks bad.

Idk wasn't Europe more of a warrior culture?
...what does that even mean? all cultures have warriors, the West isn't any more war-like than the East, and I don't see the connection between tan skin and being a warrior, really. Most professional soldiers in history came from cultured backgrounds, not lower class backgrounds, so they would be more likely to be rich and therefore pale.

A few example of pale skin being considered ideal from history will clear things up regarding how widespeard the "pale = noble / tan = farmer" concept really is:
  • Victorian England: ladies would walk around with umbrellas to protect themselves from the sun and avoid getting a tan.
  • 18th century France: nobles would literally powder their faces white to appear as pale as possible.
  • 19th century Germay: ever heard of Snow White? she was the ideal beauty, with raven hair and porcelain skin.
  • Renaissance Europe: white skin with rosy cheeks was considered ideal, especially for women.
  • Pre-medieval mythology, both ancient greeks and scandinavians: the most beautiful heroes, gods and goddesses are always depicted as fair-skinned, both in art and writing.
  • Gothic literature from the 18th century onwards: vampires are always depicted as sexy and rich from the 18th century onwards.

Last edited:
  • +1
...what does that even mean? all cultures have warriors, the West isn't any more war-like than the East, and I don't see the connection between tan skin and being a warrior, really. Most professional soldiers in history came from cultured backgrounds, not lower class backgrounds, so they would be more likely to be rich and therefore pale.

A few example of pale skin being considered ideal from history will clear things up regarding how widespeard the "pale = noble / tan = farmer" concept really is:
  • Victorian England: ladies would walk around with umbrellas to protect themselves from the sun and avoid getting a tan.
  • 18th century France: nobles would literally powder their faces white to appear as pale as possible.
  • 19th century Germay: ever heard of Snow White? she was the ideal beauty, with raven hair and porcelain skin.
  • Renaissance Europe: white skin with rosy cheeks was considered ideal, especially for women.
  • Pre-medieval mythology, both ancient greeks and scandinavians: the most beautiful heroes, gods and goddesses are always depicted as fair-skinned, both in art and writing.
why do u think its changed only as of recently since pale was ideal for so long?

why do u think its changed only as of recently since pale was ideal for so long?
I think it's still a deeply ingrained concept in most people's heads. When you think of a rich businessman, what image comes to mind?
A man with tanned skin, or with white skin? Obviously white. We still immediately associate whiteness with richness, centuries if not millennia of social conditioning cannot be undone in a few decades.

That being said, things change; western society has indeed started considering tan skin more attractive than in the past. The social connotations that made tan skin unsightly in the past (connection to being poor and working in the fields) no longer hold up today, as even the poorest usually work inside.
On the contrary, it has started being associated with living an exciting life around the world, with a lot of free time and vacations in exotic places. And since spending most of your time inside is no longer a privilege afforded to the nobility, pale skin has started being associated with less-than-ideal concepts such as being antisocial.

I personally think there are upsides and downsides to both tan and pale skin; overall, i would argue that if you are naturally pale you shouldn't obsessively tan just to fit this beauty ideal, as the increased aging and risk of skin cancer isn't worth it. As long as you're attractive, being pale doesn't really make that much of a difference even to girls who usually prefer tanned guys, it's a very minor detail.

One last thought; your personal preferences play a role too. A super pale girl probably won't have any qualms about your paleness, but a girl that's really tan might prefer a tanned guy.

I think it's still a deeply ingrained concept in most people's heads. When you think of a rich businessman, what image comes to mind?
A man with tanned skin, or with white skin? Obviously white. We still immediately associate whiteness with richness, centuries if not millennia of social conditioning cannot be undone in a few decades.

That being said, things change; western society has indeed started considering tan skin more attractive than in the past. The social connotations that made tan skin unsightly in the past (connection to being poor and working in the fields) no longer hold up today, as even the poorest usually work inside.
On the contrary, it has started being associated with living an exciting life around the world, with a lot of free time and vacations in exotic places. And since spending most of your time inside is no longer a privilege afforded to the nobility, pale skin has started being associated with less-than-ideal concepts such as being antisocial.

I personally think there are upsides and downsides to both tan and pale skin; overall, i would argue that if you are naturally pale you shouldn't obsessively tan just to fit this beauty ideal, as the increased aging and risk of skin cancer isn't worth it. As long as you're attractive, being pale doesn't really make that much of a difference even to girls who usually prefer tanned guys, it's a very minor detail.

One last thought; your personal preferences play a role too. A super pale girl probably won't have any qualms about your paleness, but a girl that's really tan might prefer a tanned guy.
thanks for the reply &grateful to have high iq guys like u on the forum

Tan skin being the beauty standard in Europe is a very recent phenomenon.

Look at the rich aristocrats in England. A lot of them would put powder on their face to look even more pale.

• +1
Tan skin being the beauty standard in Europe is a very recent phenomenon.

Look at the rich aristocrats in England. A lot of them would put powder on their face to look even more pale.
What do u think has caused it recently tho?

What do u think has caused it recently tho?
Like people have already said. Pale skin used to be ideal in Europe, as the royalty would stay inside and the lower class would work under the sun on farms.

This changed after the industrial revolution. Now the lower class workers would stay inside in factories, which would cause them to be pale instead.

Whilst if you were tan, it would mean two things.

First, you didn't work in the factories, if you are tan, it most likely means you don't work much, and can do more leisurely activities.

Second, it means you probably travelled often. And you have to realize travelling on planes was very expensive. Only the Very rich: nobility, businees men etc were even able to travel.

All of this combined basically if you say a tan guy in the streets of England, it probably meant he is very wealthy.

Obviously it doesnt really matter that much anymore with all the tanning beds and fake tan, but a legit tan in the 1900s was very rare.

• +1
I agree. I should add that tan increases your matches in the west.

Asian countries still have a very colonial mentality where the paler you look the better (not necessarily visually - it's the social implication that the person doesn't have to work on a rice field or outdoors in general - no longer relevant in the west, where having a shut-in office job is not a point of prestige, going on holiday to warm destinations is)

I also attracted goth and emo girls when I was pale with no tan, but is that the demographic most guys here want?
They are a whole lot of trouble even for one night stands or FWB, lots of baggage, mental issues, etc.

Attractive western young women generally prefer tans, in my experience, and will mock pale guys as shut-ins, geeks, etc.

Another thing in favor of tanning: It brings out muscles at any body fat (if you are at 18%, you wont see them at all while pale, same guy with a tan - visible musculature and inserts!)

Exact same person a couple days and a spray tan apart, but the one on the left looks geeky, the one on the right looks like fit and active club goer, while in reality there is no difference in his fitness level.

By that logic noodles and ricemen would apply the principle to OTHER noodles and ricemen not to foreigners, that would be totally logical, saying that the pale riceman is lARGELY from better background than the tan one especially given asia was poor even only one generation ago.

How do u explain that an angelababy or fan bingbing tier foid will pick eggy or blackops2cel or mclovin over reigns or Roshan or Ronaldo or zayn then???

Pick this

300px Eggysuicide

1Srv7u3xDx069WG6UyVsePQ

Over this

Sub buzz 716 1648664912 4

After War success Hrithik Roshan says he enjoys action genre the most 1

Original

Zayn Malik Hot Pictures

• JFL
Reactions: StrangerDanger
By that logic noodles and ricemen would apply the principle to OTHER noodles and ricemen not to foreigners, that would be totally logical, saying that the pale riceman is lARGELY from better background than the tan one especially given asia was poor even only one generation ago.

How do u explain that an angelababy or fan bingbing tier foid will pick eggy or blackops2cel or mclovin over reigns or Roshan or Ronaldo or zayn then???

Pick this

View attachment 1817408

View attachment 1817409

Over this

View attachment 1817410

View attachment 1817412

View attachment 1817414

View attachment 1817418
if the guy is the same PSL and height. they really would prefer the pale one.

if the guy is the same PSL and height. they really would prefer the pale one.
If the pale guy is 6 psl points lower they still prefer the pale one.

If it's same psl and height sure many would prefer pale, but that's not a racist thing, it's just a preference for soft looks over hard looks, which is culture x fashion, feminine soft look is very in particularly with young girls, noodle and non noodle.

The point is preferring eggy over Roshan reigns

• JFL

Pick this

View attachment 1817408

View attachment 1817409

Over this

View attachment 1817410

View attachment 1817412

View attachment 1817414

View attachment 1817418
Dravidianmaxxed to the core @ForeverRecession

he

any other options?
hey faglet why did u stop chatting jfl. Also u change ur profile pic at the same rate as how u swap your new anti depressant medications u cumskin :ROFLMAO: hows ur skin cancer going though im genuinely curious

If the pale guy is 6 psl points lower they still prefer the pale one.

If it's same psl and height sure many would prefer pale, but that's not a racist thing, it's just a preference for soft looks over hard looks, which is culture x fashion, feminine soft look is very in particularly with young girls, noodle and non noodle.

The point is preferring eggy over Roshan reigns

Cope.

Pale is the most masculine. In all cultures women have more "brown" features than men including skin, eyes, hair, etc.

Since when is dark "hard?" It looks femm and soft. Brown skin is softer and smoother than white peoples skin. White women tan to try to look like the Asian and Latina women who are cucking them to extinction by stealing their men.

For 1000s of years most world ethnic groups are created by light men taking darker women, leading to:

"Objective and quantitative measures of skin, hair, and eye color were made using reflectance or digital spectroscopy in Europeans from Ireland, Poland, Italy, and Portugal.Interestingly, we also see that in each of these four populations, men are more lightly pigmented in the unexposed skin of the inner arm than women, a fact that is underappreciated and may vary across the world."

When comparing similar eye colour genetic profiles, females tend, as a whole, to have darker eyes than males (and, conversely, males lighter than females). These results are also corroborated by the revision and meta-analysis of data from previously published eye colour genetic studies in several Caucasian populations, which significantly support the fact that males are more likely to have blue eyes than females, while females tend to show higher frequencies of green and brown eyes than males. This significant gender difference would suggest that there is an as yet unidentified gender-related factor contributing to human eye colour variation.

Last edited: