Why are hapas and white people who grow up in Asia significantly shorter than their pure blooded or native counterparts?

Borneon_Tyger

Borneon_Tyger

Junglegookcel
I’ve observed that the white kids (both mixed and pure) who I grew up with are significantly shorter than white foreigners. I thought it was their Asian mothers genes dominating but I see it even in pure expat kids as well.

They usually end up even shorter than their white parents. I never really thought much about it as a kid since I saw them a lot and didn’t pay much attention to them, but now as an adult and being far more exposed to way taller foreigners I can’t help but notice that they’re actually shorter than us pure Asians which is really odd considering the short Asian stereotype.

Heck me and a whole lot of other Asian kids heightmogged the white kids at our school even at our manlet 5’9” heights. The white kids we knew averaged 5’7”. One classmate I knew looked like Harry Potter and he had Daniel Radcliffes height too. I think he was like 5’3” or something but was really confident and acted aspie.

Do you guys think this could be environmental or just pure coincidence? Do people who migrate tend to have shorter kids for whatever reason? I noticed that Asian kids who grew up overseas are also shorter than us who grew up in our home country.

Asians that grow up in the west tend to be taller too. I think it’s diet differences

I have no fucking idea. You should ask quora.

• JFL
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit
Not enough animal protein in diet.

environment and bottleneck from one gene being short