Why are normies so obsessed with target unis?

Allornothing

Allornothing

All for nothing
UK btw. I've rejected Warwick for maths twice and only recently found out it is a target for IB (Investment Banking). Everyone on The Student Room is obsessed with going to COWI (Oxbridge, Warwick, Imperial) and UCL to get into a top firm for front office, but I'm willing to take a risk. The social life at these top unis is dead (bunch of stemcel nerds and cucks who got in for diversity. Also Warwick has a shit location).

I'm fine going to a uni on par with St. Andrews, Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester (maybe). Hell, even Nottingham sounds good. These unis have way better social life/work balance and they are still respectable. Anyone with a pair of balls can land a top job with these.

Muh life after uni. Work hard, play harder! :soy: You go to uni to study, not have fun! You can party all you want after uni! :soy:

What do these people think will happen after their 3 year course? They will work 9-5 at the job they "earned" and barely go out with friends. Taking hard work so seriously just to make money for the people above you makes no sense. Life after uni seems like cope, why sacrifice the best 3 years of your life just to (maybe) make the worst part of it slightly better?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and Abhorrence
I’m going to local college, can’t relate

• So Sad
Reactions: Allornothing
Uni discrimination is real for some employees. A 2.1 from Warwick is better than a first class degree from Leeds Beckett JFL.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, Danish_Retard, ManletBlackcel and 1 other person
Uni discrimination is real for some employees. A 2.1 from Warwick is better than a first class degree from Leeds Beckett JFL.
I'm fine going to a uni on par with St. Andrews, Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester (maybe). Hell, even Nottingham sounds good.
I've got offers from 3 of these. My point is who cares about being employable (by top, top firms mind you) at the expense at enjoying the most exciting period of your life? The social life at Warwick just seems depressing. I can understand going to Oxbridge and LSE though.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
I've got offers from 3 of these. My point is who cares about being employable (by top, top firms mind you) at the expense at enjoying the most exciting period of your life? The social life at Warwick just seems depressing. I can understand going to Oxbridge and LSE though.
Are you psl 5.5+

Fuck uni I wish I ever went. I’m joining the military and getting my cyber engineering qualification.

• Love it
5-5.5 maybe.
I would recommend 5.5 at least if your goal is to have fun in college.

Anything less and no point in going to a "fun" school.

• +1
Fuck uni I wish I ever went. I’m joining the military and getting my cyber engineering qualification.
Military is super high T ngl. Good job you are doing something academic at least. Why did you regret uni?

I would recommend 5.5 at least if your goal is to have fun in college.

Anything less and no point in going to a "fun" school.
I look good enough that some girls like me so I'm not worried about that.

im at wharton (which mogs anything in britcuck land) and i still have a social life because i joined a frat, you can do both

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and Allornothing
the type of person who cares that much about uni choice and hangs out on the student room is utterly insufferable

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Allornothing
Little pressure, I hate studyslaving
Me too tbh but it's worth it since wasted potential is the worst thing in life. If your IQ is decent you should get into one of the unis I mentioned with a good social life.

What's the social life like at that college?

UK btw. I've rejected Warwick for maths twice and only recently found out it is a target for IB (Investment Banking). Everyone on The Student Room is obsessed with going to COWI (Oxbridge, Warwick, Imperial) and UCL to get into a top firm for front office, but I'm willing to take a risk. The social life at these top unis is dead (bunch of stemcel nerds and cucks who got in for diversity. Also Warwick has a shit location).

I'm fine going to a uni on par with St. Andrews, Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester (maybe). Hell, even Nottingham sounds good. These unis have way better social life/work balance and they are still respectable. Anyone with a pair of balls can land a top job with these.

Muh life after uni. Work hard, play harder! :soy: You go to uni to study, not have fun! You can party all you want after uni! :soy:

What do these people think will happen after their 3 year course? They will work 9-5 at the job they "earned" and barely go out with friends. Taking hard work so seriously just to make money for the people above you makes no sense. Life after uni seems like cope, why sacrifice the best 3 years of your life just to (maybe) make the worst part of it slightly better?

Thoughts?
Muh social life as if they would have any if they didn't go there

• +1
the type of person who cares that much about uni choice and hangs out on the student room is utterly insufferable
IB fags in general are insufferable but I want to get in since I hear they have parties etc. so at least wageslaving won't be too bad. Obv cope compared to uni since everyone there is just narcy.

im at wharton (which mogs anything in britcuck land) and i still have a social life because i joined a frat, you can do both
US mogs because we don't have frats. If you go to Imperial you will be playing beer pong once a week while studying for an exam that is in 3 months time.

• +1
IB fags in general are insufferable but I want to get in since I hear they have parties etc. so at least wageslaving won't be too bad. Obv cope compared to uni since everyone there is just narcy.
IB doesnt even pay that good and the job is just glorified guessing with a shit tonne of stress. these people are legit retarded.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Allornothing
Muh social life as if they would have any if they didn't go there
Many people, including some of my friends at secondary school, sacrifice social life for these top unis. Me, personally, I couldn't give a shit about Warwick. Doesn't interest me at all.

• +1
IB doesnt even pay that good and the job is just glorified guessing with a shit tonne of stress. these people are legit retarded.
The only job I can see myself actually enjoying would be something like engineering since you just do maths all day. Again, 0 social life though.

What do you want to/already do?

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and mogger123
Many people, including some of my friends at secondary school, sacrifice social life for these top unis. Me, personally, I couldn't give a shit about Warwick. Doesn't interest me at all.
Well because they don't want be a broke 59 year old working in McDonald's

• +1
The only job I can see myself actually enjoying would be something like engineering since you just do maths all day. Again, 0 social life though.

What do you want to/already do?
tech

but i did maths/finance studying

• +1
Well because they don't want be a broke 59 year old working in McDonald's
If you go to the University of Durham and don't at least get a decent-paying job with a wife, kids and a nice house that's on you. Unless you are innovating something or getting rich from a large business the "wealth" you make from high-paying salary jobs doesn't seem worth the cost. Getting decent pay from something lower-effort seems more rewarding.

Last edited:
You'll care once you graduate and have to wageslave rest of your life in some low tier job. Job market just gets harder and harder.

• +1