Why are so many metalheads ugly and sexless?

GreekGenes

GreekGenes

Mediterraneanmaxxed Specimen
Let me say that i don't hate heavy metal, i listen to some bands. But i've never seen so many unwashed, unkempt, ugly fat dudes as i have at a heavy metal concert.

Also, it seems like the metal community has the smallest amount of hot women.

So my theory is: Heavy metal attracts social outcasts. And those social outcasts became social outcasts in the first place partly BECAUSE of their bad looks.

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7, EdgyFashionist, Clqs and 2 others
Water

• +1
Reactions: watah and BeanletMogger
Let me say that i don't hate heavy metal, i listen to some bands. But i've never seen so many unwashed, unkempt, ugly fat dudes as i have at a heavy metal concert.

Also, it seems like the metal community has the smallest amount of hot women.

So my theory is: Heavy metal attracts social outcasts. And those social outcasts became social outcasts in the first place partly BECAUSE of their bad looks.

Thoughts?
Me I like metal, punk and goth music.
Yes social outcasts gather there.
It's the most non NT music full of ugly people, the only group who has decent looking women are darkwave/post punk but it's mostly because they're mentally ill or depressed.

Last edited:
Same reason why ugly af dudes gravitate towards marvel movies, nintendo, and reddit

Their brains guide them to copes society is comfortable with them having

That’s why women are turned on by red flags like
sex addicts, and drinking/ partiers

You have to meet a certain looks threshold to be allowed to have those pursuits

• +1
Reactions: EdgyFashionist and BeanletMogger
I went to a metal type of show and they were many tall guys and even tall women. I was one of the shortest guys there at 5'10" and also the ugliest guy there.

• +1
Reactions: hypernormie
I went to a metal type of show and they were many tall guys and even tall women. I was one of the shortest guys there at 5'10" and also the ugliest guy there.
There are a lot of tall metal heads tho you are right about that

I know one person that is heavy into metal and he’s 6’4

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
There are a lot of tall metal heads tho you are right about that

I know one person that is heavy into metal and he’s 6’4
I even saw women who were between 6'0" and 6'2", it's crazy.

• +1
I even saw women who were between 6'0" and 6'2", it's crazy.
Yeah very keen observation

It’s always something I’ve kinda noticed too in the back of my head but I never verbalized it

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
  • +1
I think it's because heavy metal is stereotypically a "manly" thing, most songs are about violence, alcohol, driving, sex (I have old school metal in my mind right now) So therefore it type of music that average person would not relate to. Also I have noticed that listeners to said genre tend to act anarchistic, so wearing proper clothes, groomed hairs, self care are big no for them so they choose to be outstanding from society.

Just look at the band "tankard" do you think that fans won't look similiar to them since they share same views and thoughts?

Beside how band members looks like, see how metal covers look like

It's something that will scare off normies since is often showing vulgar images or meaning which mean it only apeal for "manly" audience

They're just like me

Heavy metal attracts social outcasts. And those social outcasts became social outcasts in the first place partly BECAUSE of their bad looks.
You answered your own question.

For sexless part I can say that times have changed and modern women aren't that attracted to those kind of rebel dirt men anymore. Most metal fans are boomers who settled down now and young fans of metal don't much with said aesthetic anymore, they are more nerdy, shy kid type looking