Why can someone's rating vary so much in photos depending on the light?

E

everythingmatters

Silver
Title

I am not referring to angle fruading.

Someone can go from low tier normie to high tier normie only by varying the light. How to know which is the closest to real life?

I personally think it is like this:
Bad lights = Different from real life (less attractive than it really is)
Good lights = The closest thing to real life
Very good lights = Different from real life (more attractive than it really is)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: brainded and St. Wristcel
Bad lights is the closest to reality

don’t u sometimes see pictures of celebrities by paparazzi
They always look like shit exactly like everybody else in reallife

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7506, stay coping, Deleted member 6409 and 2 others
yes the difference is insane

• Love it
Reactions: everythingmatters

This is because paparazzi photos are taken in very very bad lights (celebrities seem less attractive than they really are), and celebrity photos are regularly taken in very very good lights and photoshop (they seem much much more attractive from what they are).

This is why I think good lights= real life

Last edited:
Yes not just light but Camera distortion can also fuck you face.

Here is good example..

Attachments

• yesitcan.png
    yesitcan.png
    420 KB · Views: 124

This is cope

Because your mind measures bone projection by looking at the contours caused by the light, but if the lighting is shit then you wont be able to process the presence of bone properly because there will be no shadows or the shadows will be misleading

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, flamboyant, GetShrekt and 3 others
Ugly in every picture proves nothing

It does not matter.. The point is the camera can make you face bigger even if its not and better lightening will make you photos better.. even im ugly.. the right picture looks better than the other.

Because your mind measures bone projection by looking at the contours caused by the light, but if the lighting is shit then you wont be able to process the presence of bone properly because there will be no shadows or the shadows will be misleading
So do you agree with this?

Bad lights = Different from real life (less attractive than it really is)
Good lights = The closest thing to real life
Very good lights = Different from real life (more attractive than it really is)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512 and Insecure03
All visual perception comes down to light.

Depth perception and the shadows cast on the face and neck can be influenced but the intensity of the light and the position. Overhead light can help to highlight aesthetic concavities like deepest eyes and cheek hollows.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
All visual perception comes down to light.

Depth perception and the shadows cast on the face and neck can be influenced but the intensity of the light and the position. Overhead light can help to highlight aesthetic concavities like deepest eyes and cheek hollows.

So how do you know which is the closest to reality? I definitely think that bad lights make you look uglier than you really are, I have verified it with people I know in real life. I think good lights are the closest to reality. Extremely good lights that hide your imperfections are obviously not the reality of how you look IRL, since they will make you look better than you are. What do you think?

I need to know this to be able to evaluate myself objectively in photos.

So how do you know which is the closest to reality? I definitely think that bad lights make you look uglier than you really are, I have verified it with people I know in real life. I think good lights are the closest to reality. Extremely good lights that hide your imperfections are obviously not the reality of how you look IRL, since they will make you look better than you are. What do you think?

I need to know this to be able to evaluate myself objectively in photos.

Just normal ceiling lighting that isn't too intense about 6500-8000 Kelvin Color Temperature.

Below 6500 Kelvin is the cheap flourescent lights that give a yellow tinge to the skin especially in pictures. 10,000K may look nice but might be the frauding range you are talking about. Above 10,000K starts to look blue.

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood
Just normal ceiling lighting that isn't too intense about 6500-8000 Kelvin Color Temperature.

Below 6500 Kelvin is the cheap flourescent lights that give a yellow tinge to the skin especially in pictures. 10,000K may look nice but might be the frauding range you are talking about. Above 10,000K starts to look blue.

Bro, could you check my PM when you have free time please?

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
887C046C C260 4F1D A44C 988FDCDC823D

C47091D7 27B6 45A3 AB67 00A017A12B9D

Notice the difference between Pitts nose in different lighting and angles