Why compact midfaces have better gonial width

D

Deleted member 8758

Zephir
https://thumbor.kenhub.com/zR_tTVA9Wtdnqqhc2Pui8Fqp9xw=/fit-in/800x1600/filters:watermark(/images/logo_url.png,-10,-10,0):background_color(FFFFFF):format(jpeg)/images/library/14113/Zvkc42V4M6GduF03NCEaVQ_Pterygoideus_medialis_02.png

When faces are downswung they almost always tend to get increasingly narrowing gonial width. Wider nasal floors also seem to correlate to wider gonials.

How much does internal muscle tension contribute to the dimensions a face is grown? Is the muscle tautness restricting the direction a bone is grown? Could releasing the tension/tautness in this pyerygoid muscle stop deformation of the mandible even more?

Food for thought.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless, thecel, Hightwolf and 1 other person
I'll tell you later after learning the craniofacial structure so I can understand your paragraph

https://thumbor.kenhub.com/zR_tTVA9Wtdnqqhc2Pui8Fqp9xw=/fit-in/800x1600/filters:watermark(/images/logo_url.png,-10,-10,0):background_color(FFFFFF):format(jpeg)/images/library/14113/Zvkc42V4M6GduF03NCEaVQ_Pterygoideus_medialis_02.png

When faces are downswung they almost always tend to get increasingly narrowing gonial width. Wider nasal floors also seem to correlate to wider gonials.

How much does internal muscle tension contribute to the dimensions a face is grown? Is the muscle tautness restricting the direction a bone is grown? Could releasing the tension/tautness in this pyerygoid muscle stop deformation of the mandible even more?

Food for thought.
need this dumbed down thanks

tl;dr

Green mussel is tight, it pull on bohn. Bohn deform, bohn ugli.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless, macbeth and Hightwolf
It's also common that people who get CCW rotation tend to have wider looking jaws post DJS, probably because the gonions are more in view rather than being set back.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758 and Incoming
high iq but I don't know what to add to this. I just hope people who know more about this can discuss it more.
It makes sense though,

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758
how do you release tension in the pyerygoid muscle then

how do you release tension in the pyerygoid muscle then
Im not sure, maybe some way to stretch the muscle (like face yoga) or some kind of procedure. Making the rear palate wider might help because it shares the same structures as the nasal floor, that would affect it but a small degree but not enough.

• +1
Reactions: macbeth
Compact midface DOESNT MATTER FOR MEN a normal sized midface is enough. Compact Midface is feminine

Get this through your thick skulls

Th
Compact midface DOESNT MATTER FOR MEN a normal sized midface is enough. Compact Midface is feminine

Get this through your thick skulls
This isn't about just midface, it's about how gonials become either tucked in or flare out. If they are too tucked in you have a less angular jaw and lose out on the dimorphic feature.

My theory is the pterygoid tucks it in if the muscle is too tight.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Ascensiontochad, Effortless and macbeth
Th

This isn't about just midface, it's about how gonials become either tucked in or flare out. If they are too tucked in you have a less angular jaw and lose out on the dimorphic feature.

My theory is the pterygoid tucks it in if the muscle is too tight.
wouldnt it be more of a vertical growing pattern of the mandible causing increased tension in medial pterygoid rather than vice versa? if not, there would have to be smt else causing that inherent tightening of the muscle other than incorrect growth, and i cant think of anything reasonable that would lead to that.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
wouldnt it be more of a vertical growing pattern of the mandible causing increased tension in medial pterygoid rather than vice versa? if not, there would have to be smt else causing that inherent tightening of the muscle other than incorrect growth, and i cant think of anything reasonable that would lead to that.
The tautness of the muscle/tendons remains constant, bone modeling is adaptive to the forces exerted on it. The constant forces of the muscle outweigh the bone's own stubbornness. I see it as a tug of war with one side having the advantage of consistency over time. Bone loses because its more plastic than muscle/tendons over long periods of time.

• +1
Reactions: thecel