Why did I have a random growth spurt phenomenon?

A

AscendedDisciple

Iron
I stumbled on this forum awhile back browsing through a subreddit. I am in a strange predicament. I want to know what could be the reason behind a random growth spurt phenomenon? I over a short time span shot up from 5”9 to 6”2 1/2 and I’m still going up in centimeters to this day. This all started last year during the 2020 pandemic. At first I thought it could be a pituitary tumor then I got it checked out by a doctor and found out I didn’t have one. On top of that I am at the age were growth plates should be closed. Nobody above 6ft in family in addition to that. Backstory-Stopped Manual Labour job and switched to a remote job. I do lift weights and I am strong in the gym but, I do that very infrequently. Only weird explanation I have is I began to do alot of a stretching and hanging off a bar with heavy dumbbells for back pain & a small barbell set while staring at a computer for up to almost 10 hours a day 7 days a week working online. I do sleep a lot . I usually lay down on the floor with a mat. I do eat a lot of food. I never sit down on a chair or walk often. When I go outside I ride my mountain bike for hours only using vehicle for far travel. I’ve been living like this for the last two years now and that is ironically when the spurt started taking place. Diet is still not fully clean and I still alot of times order out fast food. Only supplements Ive been taking is a multivitamin and collagen protein. I have no explanation behind this. Any thoughts/ideas please leave them below.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, GalacticHero and Deleted member
I stumbled on this forum awhile back browsing through a subreddit. I am in a strange predicament. I want to know what could be the reason behind a random growth spurt phenomenon? I over a short time span shot up from 5”9 to 6”2 1/2 and I’m still going up in centimeters to this day. This all started last year during the 2020 pandemic. At first I thought it could be a pituitary tumor then I got it checked out by a doctor and found out I didn’t have one. On top of that I am at the age were growth plates should be closed. Nobody above 6ft in family in addition to that. Backstory-Stopped Manual Labour job and switched to a remote job. I do lift weights and I am strong in the gym but, I do that very infrequently. Only weird explanation I have is I began to do alot of a stretching and hanging off a bar with heavy dumbbells for back pain & a small barbell set while staring at a computer for up to almost 10 hours a day 7 days a week working online. I do sleep a lot . I usually lay down on the floor with a mat. I do eat a lot of food. I never sit down on a chair or walk often. When I go outside I ride my mountain bike for hours only using vehicle for far travel. I’ve been living like this for the last two years now and that is ironically when the spurt started taking place. Diet is still not fully clean and I still alot of times order out fast food. Only supplements Ive been taking is a multivitamin and collagen protein. I have no explanation behind this. Any thoughts/ideas please leave them below.
Acromegaly can be caused by the liver aswell. Otherwise I have no clue

Sage northcutt had a 1 inch growth spurt at like 22 💀

• +1
Reactions: AscendedDisciple
It's called puberty. When you grow older, you grow in height...

Is there something I am missing? Are you 30 years old or something?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8869, Broski and Deleted member 16369
Acromegaly can be caused by the liver aswell. Otherwise I have no clue

Sage northcutt had a 1 inch growth spurt at like 22 💀
How can I get acromegaly? I want to grow taller

• Hmm...
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17345, Schönling, Preoximerianas and 2 others
It's called puberty. When you grow older, you grow in height...

Is there something I am missing? Are you 30 years old or something?
Obviously, but I am 23 bro way past puberty bro.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Preoximerianas, Elvisandreaa and 4 others
something must have made your growth plates to not fuse even to this day

Your genes said "hol up"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
you grew 6 inches in a year at 22/23 nigga go to a damn doctor

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Preoximerianas
Went from 5'8.5 to 6'5 in a few months because of my acromegaly, now i just have to seat in front of my pc 18 hours a day

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Preoximerianas
Lifefuel for 5'9 gigamanlets like me :love:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Preoximerianas
Tell us more bro

@DivineBeing hope for you?

• JFL
Reactions: DivineBeing
wish this would happen to me too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
At first I thought it could be a pituitary tumor then I got it checked out by a doctor and found out I didn’t have one.
Sometimes benign tumors can appear on the pituitary that increase the volume of the gland, more growth hormone is secreted, but then the tumors are absorbed and it's like they never existed. Some can break before disappearing, and leave a little scar tissue that show a tumor was there.

there's a chance you have a hormone problem or brain tumor

I never sit down on a chair or walk often. When I go outside I ride my mountain bike for hours only using vehicle for far travel
Never sit down and ride mountain bike for a few hours everyday theory for height growth?

It’s the stretching/hanging I believe, we have vertebrae's in our back that can build on top of one another if put under enough stress, mind showing some pics / vids of the hanging with weights and how you do this while working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back