why did I start eating more but getting leaner?

willcel

willcel

my face moves around in the mirror
ive been on a calorie deficit for awhile after losing 70+ pounds.

I recently undergone a pulled muscle in my quad for football (soccer) and my coach requested that I ate more, and more carbs in specific.

Im starting to get leaner now after eating an extra ~400 cals a day.

any theories? I eat 80/20 on whole to processed food (like organic bread is processed)

I have no junk food at all. I am very active with 2 hours of soccer training a day, weight lifting 5x a week, daily cardio, and a part time job doing shelf and wear house work at a retail store.

Im 17.

• +1
Reactions: ThugggButt

I recently undergone a pulled muscle in my quad for football (soccer) and my coach requested that I ate more, and more carbs in specific.

any theories? I eat 80/20 on whole to processed food (like organic bread is processed)

I have no junk food at all. I am very active with 2 hours of soccer training a day, weight lifting 5x a week, daily cardio, and a part time job doing shelf and wear house work at a retail store.

Im 17.
you're getting older and you are gaining muscle which burns calories

Im 17.

It's the weight-training 5 times a week.

Higher muscle and higher strength equates to a faster metabolism. A faster metabolism equates to the body having an easier time functioning well and in that functioning the shedding of excess fat occurs.

Your resting metabolic rate improved.

This is why holding muscle and strength is key to being lean, but nerd morons on here think it bloats you.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Snowskinned, IndraBC, PSLdemigod and 1 other person
same thing happened to me. I intake alot of protien, but also when I started running and lifting weights alot. Pretty sure it's muscle being built.

same thing happened to me. I intake alot of protien, but also when I started running and lifting weights alot. Pretty sure it's muscle being built.
It's the weight-training 5 times a week.

Higher muscle and higher strength equates to a faster metabolism. A faster metabolism equates to the body having an easier time functioning well and in that functioning the shedding of excess fat occurs.

Your resting metabolic rate improved.

This is why holding muscle and strength is key to being lean, but nerd morons on here think it bloats you.
amazing to hear. stay away from getting back on peds? maybe this is repeated newbie gains

Where did you mention you were on performance enhancing drugs in that OP?

What was it?
eh, I hopped off 5 weeks into cutting

mk677 on bulk and mk 2866 during end of bulk/5 weeks into cut

• JFL
Reactions: MakinItHappen
eh, I hopped off 5 weeks into cutting

mk677 on bulk and mk 2866 during end of bulk/5 weeks into cut

And there was me thinking it was genetics + good training.

When it's genetics + good training + PEDs

Im 17.
look into ray peat

im basically on that diet except I have a decent bit of carbs (whole 4 ing bread i get from the bakery) as I need starch to be energized
that explains it, your diet is pro metabolic, meaning you burn alot of "calories" from the food youre eating, you got a good metabolism now although starches slow down metabolism you might need a few