Why do ethnics become lighter once then move to the west?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Mod
Staff
My cousin used to have similar dark brown coloring to me but somehow turned light medium brown think dev patel skin after a year of moving abroad idk how that happened tbh and these coloring change is common. Almost everyone I know who moved away from the hot tropical climate that I'm in turned multiple shades lighter once they moved to the US or UK. Is it really the sun that tans people so hard?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chadeep, Deleted member 44368, slavicpsycho and 4 others
@Chadeep @onion_salad @SecularIslamist @DalitBoss

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
My cousin used to have similar dark brown coloring to me but somehow turned light medium brown think dev patel skin after a year of moving abroad idk how that happened tbh and these coloring change is common. Almost everyone I know who moved away from the hot tropical climate that I'm in turned multiple shades lighter once they moved to the US or UK. Is it really the sun that tans people so hard?
I jump rope in hot sun of mumbai btw

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and unscruputlity
The darker you are the more prone you are to tanning and hyperpigmentation

• +1
  • +1
Less sun exposure

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, albe.ORG and unscruputlity
The darker you are the more prone you are to tanning and hyperpigmentation
Melanin you mean. And that's correct. In dark skin tones, melanosomes are larger and more numerous, which provides more natural protection from UV so dark skin never burns even in scorching heat. It just gets darker. That added protection brings some advantages in terms of slower visible aging, but it creates some unique challenges to keeping an even tone because the greater concentration and larger size of melanosomes mean that when melanocytes get triggered, the flare is bigger and takes longer to fade. I knew all this but never thought thr effect was so profound

• +1
Melanin you mean.
Because you just have more melanin.

Yeah

Melanin you mean. And that's correct. In dark skin tones, melanosomes are larger and more numerous, which provides more natural protection from UV so dark skin never burns even in scorching heat. It just gets darker. That added protection brings some advantages in terms of slower visible aging, but it creates some unique challenges to keeping an even tone because the greater concentration and larger size of melanosomes mean that when melanocytes get triggered, the flare is bigger and takes longer to fade. I knew all this but never thought thr effect was so profound

Also most melanated people come from hot with high sun exposure so yeah, we are all just naturally tanned alot too.

Yeah. Pretty much. The gypsies are proof of this right? They got kicked out of India for being low class.... 1000 years later they could go back and everyone would treat them like a god for being light skinned.

Yeah. Pretty much. The gypsies are proof of this right? They got kicked out of India for being low class.... 1000 years later they could go back and everyone would treat them like a god for being light skinned.
In 5-6 generations curry girls in the UK will finally look like MENA :feelsokman:

They already lighten skin so they're only fast tracking the inevitable :lul:

@JohnDoe

Gypsies are like mostly not Indian anymore. They’ve mixed with middle eastern and European populations a lot.

Tanning ability is like a bell curve.

The lightest and darkest people don’t tan/detan at all and basically just stay dark or light regardless of how much sun exposure they get.

I know some really dark skinned Indians and Africans and they basically look exactly the same despite getting no sun exposure. Extremely pale people usually just get sunburnt but dont actually tan.

Because they adapt to the climate

Nope. This doesn’t happen at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back