Why do I feel my hips in ab workouts even though my back is flat

zzsleepin

zzsleepin

Iron
Every movement I do I focus only on my form and engaging my abs my back is always flat yet I somehow always engage my hips. They are hella sore rn after all the core workouts way more than my abs fyi I do have a very weak core ive struggled with lower back pain and may even have anterior pelvic tilt so I started doing hip thrusts to focus more on my glutes followed by ab work (which i did felt my hips a lot) what tf should I do

You either have a weak core which activates your hip flexors or your hip flexors are just tight. Look up a couple dynamic warmups for your hip flexors before you workout not only abs, but legs as well.

• +1
Reactions: zzsleepin
Every movement I do I focus only on my form and engaging my abs my back is always flat yet I somehow always engage my hips. They are hella sore rn after all the core workouts way more than my abs fyi I do have a very weak core ive struggled with lower back pain and may even have anterior pelvic tilt so I started doing hip thrusts to focus more on my glutes followed by ab work (which i did felt my hips a lot) what tf should I do
you should relax your legs and put your feet under feet holder.

You either have a weak core which activates your hip flexors or your hip flexors are just tight. Look up a couple dynamic warmups for your hip flexors before you workout not only abs, but legs as well.
would hip thrusts help my core?

You don’t want a flat back at the top of the rep. Also make sure you’re doing progressive overload and using weight somehow. Finally, your never gonna perfectly isolate one muscle, it’s pretty much impossible to hit abs without also hitting seratus’ or hip flexors

• +1
You don’t want a flat back at the top of the rep. Also make sure you’re doing progressive overload and using weight somehow. Finally, your never gonna perfectly isolate one muscle, it’s pretty much impossible to hit abs without also hitting seratus’ or hip flexors
yea my spine curves as I go up but stays flat when my legs are down

that's gonna activate your legs, just do normal ab crunches
I somehow feel my hips too when I do these

Ur just training ur hip flexors, shit form. Thats what causing hip soreness+anterior pelvic tilt+low back pain and in the future its gonna give u a hernia too. Learn to work the rectus abdominus (no such thing as "core") and STOP moving ur legs up and down and dont keep them straight in the air, have them fixed and bent at the knee and then just crunch ur stomach.
Or just dont train abs

Last edited:
Ur just training ur hip flexors, shit form. Thats what causing hip soreness+anterior pelvic tilt+low back pain and in the future its gonna give u a hernia too. Learn to work the rectus abdominus (no such thing as "core") and STOP moving ur legs up and down and dont keep them straight in the air, have them fixed and bent at the knee and then just crunch ur stomach.
Or just dont train abs
dude every explanation I see is to push with your abs make them bend while keeping your back flat when legs are down ive been keeping my back flat and pushing out with my core until my ass is out in the air

• +1
Reactions: janet
dude every explanation I see is to push with your abs make them bend while keeping your back flat when legs are down ive been keeping my back flat and pushing out with my core until my ass is out in the air
Most of ur back should bend since your abs bend your trunk. Your abs dont move your legs even an inch, thats all your psoas (which is the cause of all ur problems). Stop moving ur legs and move ur trunk only

• +1
Do Ab workouts more then only solution

• +1