Why do I go through waves of having no empathy and then having too much empathy?

LegitUser

LegitUser

Gluttonmaxxed gypsy from the council estate
Like earlier I thought I was a sociopath because I felt nothing about bad things happening to others and realised I need to be more selfish to be successful (keeping it vague) than 2h later I'm getting really affected by any bad thing i see (that's happening to others) and just generally being way to affected by stuff, and now I want to helpe everybody etc and don't want anyone to be harmed. As in I'm scrolling thru tiktok and whenever something bad happens to someone it feels like it almost happend to me and some of scenario's bring me close to crying.

Also my chest hurts and I was thinking about my entire childhood (entire)

Wtff??

Is this low estrogen symptom? This is like week 2 of 25mg aromasin ED I think. (Just aromasin no other compounds, this isn't PCT either, I had normal estrogen in low half to begin with so this might have crashed e2?? Idk.

Or is this mental illness.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2
Symptom of borderline personality disorder

• So Sad
Reactions: LegitUser
Symptom of borderline personality disorder
Are u joking bruhhh. There was a period of time where I self diagnosed it but then I said there's no way I have that and I'm probably just overthinking and exaggerating things and moved on

What makes u say that btw? Is this a core symptom? And do u have it too?

• +1
  • Hmm...
probably your estrogen cycle

• +1
Are u joking bruhhh. There was a period of time where I self diagnosed it but then I said there's no way I have that and I'm probably just overthrowing things and ignored it.

What makes u say that btw? Is this a core symptom? And do u have it too?
Its a symptom many report. But its far from definitive and I dont believe it's mentioned anywhere in the criteria

I dont personally have BPD but I do most likely have OCD and one of my themes was being worried I'm a narcissist. As a results I started reading obsessively about the topic which also translated to me reading about bpd as theyre very closely related.

I think the best way to assess whether you have bpd would be to look at how intensely youre invested in to intrapersonal relationships and how you handle abandonment and rejection

• +1
At least I'm not actual sociopath bpd can be cured thank god
I hate so say it, but BPD is a lifelong disorder and will affect every relationship you have.

Its a pattern of thinking and lense through which you view the world which was ingrained in to you during early childhood and solidified up until adulthood.

Personality disorders are inherently hard to treat as they are fundamentally who you are, which is extremely hard to change.

• +1
Its a symptom many report. But its far from definitive and I dont believe it's mentioned anywhere in the criteria

I dont personally have BPD but I do most likely have OCD and one of my themes was being worried I'm a narcissist. As a results I started reading obsessively about the topic which also translated to me reading about bpd as theyre very closely related.

I think the best way to assess whether you have bpd would be to look at how intensely youre invested in to intrapersonal relationships and how you handle abandonment and rejection
I used to basically do whatever it took to not be abandoned before but now I still try but I have given up, like the part of my brain that deals with relationships has died, I don't even try to form new ones anymore.

I can handle rejection easily now because I've come to expect it, same can't be said for younger me.

I hate so say it, but BPD is a lifelong disorder and will affect every relationship you have.

Its a pattern of thinking and lense through which you view the world which was ingrained in to you during early childhood and solidified up until adulthood.

Personality disorders are inherently hard to treat as they are fundamentally who you are, which is extremely hard to change.
I think I read someone if you don't suicide BPD has like a 40% remission rate without treatment or something but might be misremembering.

• +1
I used to basically do whatever it took to not be abandoned before but now I still try but I have given up, like the part of my brain that deals with relationships has died, I don't even try to form new ones anymore.

I can handle rejection easily now because I've come to expect it, same can't be said for younger me.

I think I read someone if you don't suicide BPD has like a 40% remission rate without treatment or something but might be misremembering.
I cant really say what you are or arent, but I think its definitely something to be looked in to.

These are the criteria
Dsm 5 criteria for borderline personality disorder

If you feel you match most id seek help

• +1
I cant really say what you are or arent, but I think its definitely something to be looked in to.

These are the criteria
View attachment 3075810
I will eventually when it costs like £300 for 1 hour psych appointment here so if I save up I'll try get evaluated

• +1

These are the criteria
View attachment 3075810
I think based on that if I went to a psych when I was younger they would 100% diagnose me I think I've been better with keeping this stuff in check recently but ig sometimes stuff like this slips thru the cracks

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back