Why do old people tan?

Prince88

Prince88

Rehabilitated blackpiller
I’m on holiday and there are loads of old people lying in the sun tanning. They’re not even reading a book or some shit. Literally just laying there

Who they trying to impress?

The only point of tanning is to look better and the trade off is that you damage your skin in the long term.

So why does it matter for old couples? They just gonna make them self look older.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach, Deleted member 17791, geezcel and 1 other person
feels good lying in the sun init

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27472, Deleted member 7580 and Prince88
they’re all German as well. Weird little krauts

• JFL
Reactions: NukethisWorldAlready
In the Uk at least being tanned shows that your higher class because you travel. We are not talking fake tan but actually traveling. In other cultures like Korea the whiter you are the higher the class the association with being darker with farmers working in the sun all day. In tennis you will see some Koreans in the stands with umbrella's

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19294, EdouardManlet and Prince88
Their brains are half broken. They think they're still some 20yo.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Prince88
In the Uk at least being tanned shows that your higher class because you travel. We are not talking fake tan but actually traveling. In other cultures like Korea the whiter you are the higher the class the association with being darker with farmers working in the sun all day. In tennis you will see some Koreans in the stands with umbrella's

Yeah I went to Venice once and the first thing I saw was a horde of chinks all with the brollies up in 30 degree weather.

I was baffled

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18436
Yeah I went to Venice once and the first thing I saw was a horde of chinks all with the brollies up in 30 degree weather.

I was baffled
:Comfy:insects

Koreans put on tonns of sunscreen and hold umbrellas all day meanwhile I sit in the sun and get sun burnt and still have lighter skin than them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Koreans put on tonns of sunscreen and hold umbrellas all day meanwhile I sit in the sun and get sun burnt and still have lighter skin than them.
whiter power:feelshehe:

Because they’re coping

whiter power:feelshehe:
74D94C80 2AB1 47CA A42E B6C3306346CC

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 18436
307802_0.84.jpg
5571965848_e88aceedfe_b.jpg
3c13ad34fd414787db2a7dd72f096bc8.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17791 and Prince88
I’m on holiday and there are loads of old people lying in the sun tanning. They’re not even reading a book or some shit. Literally just laying there

The only point of tanning is to look better and the trade off is that you damage your skin in the long term.

So why does it matter for old couples? They just gonna make them self look older.
Masc trait

I notice too that on average older people are more tan. I think because they are already distroyed there skin.

Getting a tan is a vacation ritual. Having a tan shows that you are neurotypical and participated in the ritual.
TBH it is a subset of people that do most of the tanning, a typical Pareto distribution probably applies, 20% of the people are doing 80% of the tanning.

The number of old people at the beach disturbs even me.

I have a canopy and chair like this I take to the beach. Only takes about 3 minutes to set up. Anyone without one of these is probably a peasant.
iu