Why do people ever get implants?

L

looksmaxer_7

Iron

Of course geneoplasty mogs, but with implants, there has been multiple studies showing how much implants cause bone resorbtion, and reddit is filled with implants regrets, much more than dermal fillers regrets, and fillers seem like a much more reasonable choice. Moreover implants can only give you 1.2 cm projection at best, and imagine that getting reduced by millimetres year by year.

Fillers are atleast easily reversible. Geneo>fillers>implants.

Well, talking about chin for instance, the best course of action is to push the chin forwards using genioplasty, and then you place a small-ish chin implant. In this case chin implant is used for creating a more "stretched-out" soft tissue look. Something that genio alone can't give you

• +1
Reactions: callisto, seasonedjelqer67 and opeggard
Well, talking about chin for instance, the best course of action is to push the chin forwards using genioplasty, and then you place a small-ish chin implant. In this case chin implant is used for creating a more "stretched-out" soft tissue look. Something that genio alone can't give you
Agreed. But if you're just considered implants, it's not superior than getting fillers, like people here make it out to be. Implants do come with their own risks just like fillers, even migration, with the difference being, the latter is relatively more easily reversible.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Agreed. But if you're just considered implants, it's not superior than getting fillers, like people here make it out to be. Implants do come with their own risks just like fillers, even migration, with the difference being, the latter is relatively more easily reversible.
Well, fillers will migrate eventually, so I really can't see the point of it.

Whenever something good happens to me in my life, I immediatelly start wondering "when will I lose this?". Maybe a bit obsessive, sure, but at least I'd have a longer, and much more predictable, not to mention - aesthetically more attractive run with an implant

Well, fillers will migrate eventually, so I really can't see the point of it.

Whenever something good happens to me in my life, I immediatelly start wondering "when will I lose this?". Maybe a bit obsessive, sure, but at least I'd have a longer, and much more predictable, not to mention - aesthetically more attractive run with an implant
Fair point. Though fillers (on chin) not anywhere else, not even jaw, are the least likely to migrate, and many people like Amnesia have been doing it for years with no issues whatsoever.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Fair point. Though fillers (on chin) not anywhere else, not even jaw, are the least likely to migrate, and many people like Amnesia have been doing it for years with no issues whatsoever.
Thats true, due to gravity they can't really migrate too much from the chin since its at the bottom of your face.

Still, if you want a specific shape to your chin (for example, a pointy V-shaped chin) this would only last for a few days. After that it would all go to shit

• +1
Reactions: looksmaxer_7

Of course geneoplasty mogs, but with implants, there has been multiple studies showing how much implants cause bone resorbtion, and reddit is filled with implants regrets, much more than dermal fillers regrets, and fillers seem like a much more reasonable choice. Moreover implants can only give you 1.2 cm projection at best, and imagine that getting reduced by millimetres year by year.

you can get more expected results with implants, it's harder to visualise filler results

@RealSurgerymax is that cheap metarial issue?

I had a silicone chin implant for 22 years. It looked way better than nothing. And it was not reduced by millimeters year by year. Severe resorption does occur but I bet it's a lot more rare than it's made out to be. It's probably binary, where if there's some issue you're going to get severe resorption and if there's not then there will be minimal resorption, but I'm just speculating.

1.2cm of just chin advancement is massive. I can't imagine anything more than that of purely chin advancement would look good, regardless of how it's achieved. Maybe if the chin itself was severely recessed and it's not a case of both jaw and chin recession, but usually it's both. I basically had no chin prominence and my implant was like 8mm. 1.2cm would have been ridiculous.

• +1
Reactions: Mrxshmallow

Fillers are not easily reversible and they make your face bloated. Dissolving with hyaluronidase is not actually that easy after the migration & flattening effect and it makes the skin quality worse.

Fillers are not easily reversible and they make your face bloated. Dissolving with hyaluronidase is not actually that easy after the migration & flattening effect and it makes the skin quality worse.
What about studies consistently showing bone resorbtion from implants, and online forums being filled with people regretting implants?

@looksmaxer_7 bone resorption is only from improper fixation or using silicon as the material. Both of these cause the implant to wiggle which will fuck with the bone over time. Properly fixated titanium shouldn't cause any resorption

• +1
Reactions: ALP and 50konsurgeryat35
@looksmaxer_7 bone resorption is only from improper fixation or using silicon as the material. Both of these cause the implant to wiggle which will fuck with the bone over time. Properly fixated titanium shouldn't cause any resorption
What's the difference between silicone and titanium implants? Is there a difference between cost and incision length? Are both done on general anesthesia?

What's the difference between silicone and titanium implants? Is there a difference between cost and incision length? Are both done on general anesthesia?
-titanium can be fixated much tighter and more securely and doesnt have a chance to loosen or wiggle like silicon. silicon is rubber while titanium is metal.

- Yes titanium costs more and will often require a larger incision since it cant be shoved in as easily due to its inabilty to be bent like rubber.

- general vs local anesthesia depends on the doctor and the area the implant will be placed

leave a like if this helped :)

• +1
Reactions: gem23, ALP, 50konsurgeryat35 and 2 others
What about studies consistently showing bone resorbtion from implants,
IMG 7605

In this case, a titanium implant/bone graft cage was the cure to resorption from a silicone chin implant.

and online forums being filled with people regretting implants?
It was also a much better aesthetic design by me.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: gem23, MTNAscension2, mierlia3 and 2 others
View attachment 2967700
In this case, a titanium implant/bone graft cage was the cure to resorption from a silicone chin implant.

It was also a much better aesthetic design by me.
How do you plan the surgery? I mean do you discuss possible means of ascension and identify failos together with patient? Also do you provide what end result will look like?

• +1
Reactions: gem23
-titanium can be fixated much tighter and more securely and doesnt have a chance to loosen or wiggle like silicon. silicon is rubber while titanium is metal.

- Yes titanium costs more and will often require a larger incision since it cant be shoved in as easily due to its inabilty to be bent like rubber.

- general vs local anesthesia depends on the doctor and the area the implant will be placed

leave a like if this helped :)
Some other things

-titanium most biocompatible with human body so least infection chance, biofilm not formed

-if surgeon is using titanium then pretty sure he won’t cope with ‘creating a pocket’ and calling it good without fixation to bone

-can go down to thin depths like 1-2mm without risk of breaking off like peek

-some people will argue the materials all feel similar but i don’t know how that could possibly be true, metal vs soft rubber and plastic

• +1
Reactions: gem23
I can't find a doctor who does titanium jaw implants, any suggestions?

• +1
Reactions: Miant Gimplants
-some people will argue the materials all feel similar but i don’t know how that could possibly be true, metal vs soft rubber and plastic
I had silicone chin and it felt super hard. I was surprised by how flimsy it actually was when I had it removed, so I seriously doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between PEEK and titanium, except that titanium supposedly gets uncomfortably cold when it's cold.