Why do people *hate* psyhopaths/sociopaths if they were born that way?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
This never made sense in my head.

Like, nobody openly hates a person with a down syndrome, with low iq or whatever, but hating psychopaths and sociopaths is completely normalized.

Its not like you can choose to be or not to be one?

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: 6PSLcel, aesthetic beauty, ReadBooksEveryday and 2 others
well you'll hate them aswell if they fuck you over

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BlackpillRemedy, hattrick, ReadBooksEveryday and 2 others
Because being born a retard just means they're incompetent. A paychopath is born unable to feel bad about their actions.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: got.daim, BlackpillRemedy, Zeta and 4 others
Low oxytocin not natural

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday
They are rewarded, rather than hated

• Woah
Because being born a retard just means they're incompetent. A paychopath is born unable to feel bad about their actions.
Yeah but how can you hate someone if they never picked that fate? Maybe you can hate their actions but once again, they never would've done that had they been born different

• Hmm...
Reactions: Imretarded? and ReadBooksEveryday
Why do people hate Poles, Curries and Gypsies if they were just born that way?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Trilogy, got.daim, Klasik616 and 1 other person
Yeah but how can you hate someone if they never picked that fate? Maybe you can hate their actions but once again, they never would've done that had they been born different
This is quite a complex discussion, which is perhaps best not brought up.
However: if some types of psychopaths were more honest with themselves, it would already be a good thing.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Why do people hate Poles, Curries and Gypsies if they were just born that way?
Bingo. Thats what I've been shooting for.

Next time I see someone talk shit about a psychopath I will ask them again and again about whether they know what his childhood was or whatever.

Might blackpill them lmao

• +1
This is quite a complex discussion, which is perhaps best not brought up.
However: if some types of psychopaths were more honest with themselves, it would already be a good thing.
It is complex because it brings up the question of free will. I really doubt anyone does evil because they want to feel evil. Thats my problem with Ramirez's story, seems too edgy, like he was a tryhard.

Imo the biggest reason people do wrong is bc they have a shifted and twisted moral compass. They think they are doing right and so they can't even ask themselves if they are wrong for their actions.

• +1
Reactions: got.daim and Darkeningstar

Like, nobody openly hates a person with a down syndrome, with low iq or whatever, but hating psychopaths and sociopaths is completely normalized.

Can be a detriment though if you have those tendencies but don't act on them no one would even know or care.

If you are talking about murderers or rapists who feel no remorse, then it's because they caused harm.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, ReadBooksEveryday and Darkeningstar
Bingo. Thats what I've been shooting for.

Next time I see someone talk shit about a psychopath I will ask them again and again about whether they know what his childhood was or whatever.

Might blackpill them lmao

It is complex because it brings up the question of free will. I really doubt anyone does evil because they want to feel evil. Thats my problem with Ramirez's story, seems too edgy, like he was a tryhard.

Imo the biggest reason people do wrong is bc they have a shifted and twisted moral compass. They think they are doing right and so they can't even ask themselves if they are wrong for their actions.
I was referring to something else; it is not so reductive. Some psychopaths are reluctant to change, that is, mentally stuck.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
Because those people (the psychopaths and sociopaths) are not normal, and they can hurt others

• Hmm...
Can be a detriment though if you have those tendencies but don't act on them no one would even know or care.

If you are talking about murderers or rapists who feel no remorse, then it's because they caused harm.
Yeah but my only question is this:

If a very low iq person makes a mistake that costs someone their life, people would be pissed off at the situation but I doubt many would hate him if they found out he is intellectually crippled.

If, on the other hand, a psychopath kills someone nobody would defend him after hearing that "he was just born that way".

Why is that?

• JFL
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 46941
If, on the other hand, a psychopath kills someone nobody would defend him after hearing that "he was just born that way".
Murder and things of that nature is morbid and suck.

Imagine if you were living in the same time as Richard Ramirez and it was YOUR 9 year old daughter, or some 9 year old girl in your community that got kidnapped, brutally raped and killed then hung on a lead pipe.

You wouldn't sympathize because he was born that way because it is morbid and disgusting. We are social animals, these mental defects only serve harm.

Of course you can make the argument that he was born that way, no one would stop you but most people won't.

• +1
Murder and things of that nature is morbid and suck.

Imagine if you were living in the same time as Richard Ramirez and it was YOUR 9 year old daughter, or some 9 year old girl in your community that got kidnapped, brutally raped and killed then hung on a lead pipe.

You wouldn't sympathize because he was born that way because it is morbid and disgusting. We are social animals, these mental defects only serve harm.

Of course you can make the argument that he was born that way, no one would stop you but most people won't.
I am not defending anyone. We already know people will hate others for things they never had a choice for (like looks), its just that in the case of looks people will try to justify that hatred.

But looking at cases where it seems like a child was pushed in a wrong direction by their parents, nobody seems to give a fuck. Its just a question of whether free will is real or not

• +1
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
of whether free will is real or not
To a certain extent only, a lot of things like mood, your behavior etc are controlled by upbringing, neurochemistry and hormones.
I am not defending anyone.
No worries bhai :Comfy: It was just a hypothetical on if you could carry the same view if it happened personally

• +1

I've thought about this and other stuff

Want to know what they all boil down to?

Significance
Will make a thread on this soon
If I forget then ping me

• +1
Nobody hates them for their personality disorder. They hate their actions.

People will even like psychopaths if they're politicians who do what they want e.g.

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar and Bitchwhipper2
Everyone takes the option which feels the best.

Free will doesnt exist so it doesnt make sense to hate them

Herd mentality.

If everyone acts the same and thinks the same, society functions better. At least that’s what normies are programmed to believe

Well the way they were born means they deserve to die. Their birth was a mistake

• So Sad

People arent viewing their actions through a deterministic lens.

• +1
Its not always hate. It can be appropriate reaction.

Lets look at a sociopath. For example, a women who is basically a black hole on all fronts and is too willing to exploit for her own needs.

Do you allow her to do that to you, or do you change your behavior so that she cant do it to you? Is me telling the bitch to fuck off, or doing acts of criminality to her in order to offshoot her behavior hateful, or is it a appropriate reaction that leads to a certain outcomes? Like for example, reactions that could negate the effects of her sociopathy.

When you see a bunch of weeds in your garden taking up all of the space for the flowers you tend to rip that shit apart. Same thing here. Its not hate, but someone could potentially interpret it as hate. The thing is, you cannot really determine if my behavior comes from a emotion like hate, or if it comes from experience and logical reasoning in order to bring certain outcomes.

To the bystander, me aggressively ripping weeds in my garden may seem like a bout of rage. To the farmer, its simply work as usual. In the case of someone being mentally ill. Well, do you let people with severe mental illness people fly planes? Because we do not let them drive planes, does that mean we are discriminating against them?

See where your idea leads to?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LOOKISM-LOGIC and Lonenely sigma
Its not always hate. It can be appropriate reaction.

Lets look at a sociopath. For example, a women who is basically a black hole on all fronts and is too willing to exploit for her own needs.

Do you allow her to do that to you, or do you change your behavior so that she cant do it to you? Is me telling the bitch to fuck off, or doing acts of criminality to her in order to offshoot her behavior hateful, or is it a appropriate reaction that leads to a certain outcomes? Like for example, reactions that could negate the effects of her sociopathy.

When you see a bunch of weeds in your garden taking up all of the space for the flowers you tend to rip that shit apart. Same thing here. Its not hate, but someone could potentially interpret it as hate. The thing is, you cannot really determine if my behavior comes from a emotion like hate, or if it comes from experience and logical reasoning in order to bring certain outcomes.

To the bystander, me aggressively ripping weeds in my garden may seem like a bout of rage. To the farmer, its simply work as usual. In the case of someone being mentally ill. Well, do you let people with severe mental illness people fly planes? Because we do not let them drive planes, does that mean we are discriminating against them?

See where your idea leads to?
I see and agree, but that kind of destroys the idea of free will, both from her and your perspective. She is doing what she is doing because she is programmed to do so, and you are responding to her actions in the way that has the best chance of you not getting screwed over.

The whole point of this thread is that even if we assume personality matters and that its not all 100% looks, even that is completely predetermined.

Anyone can be capable of understanding the concept that everyone is born with specific brain circuits and they might or might not be modified throughout life by adaptation and epigenetics. Someone might be inclined to dislike the type of person you mention because they consider there is willing intent behind it. It doesn't matter the cause that you offered as it's theoretically implied that they posses the cognitive development to understand actions and they are not controlled by those emotions they supposedly lack.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, Darkeningstar and Ultimate Subhuman™