Why do so many women keep blocking me / ghosting, on online dating, despite being normal and having a good back and forth?

Graham

Graham

Certified autist (might bite)
Usually the vast majority of the women I match with loose interest after a few messages (usually along the lines of "hello, how are you", or something specific to their bio if they have one, then some small-talk), which sucks, but not that bad, but there also seems to be quite a few that will just ghost, or even outright block me, despite having a good back and forth conversation, even if we're both laughing and having fun.

I could understand if I made dark jokes, being really sexual, etc, but they're usually fun back and forth with a bit of flirting on both sides, yet I still keep getting ghosted (and even more occasionally blocked). I could understand if they were 18 or 19, but this is with people in their mid 20s.

I have plenty of matches / likes, and these conversations go on for a few days, so if it was just looks, then in theory this shouldn't happen (at least not as often as it does).

I guess it doesn't really matter what it is, I'll probably be told it's because I'm a sub-5 manlet, but I just wanted to get it off my chest.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: gooner23, aryan mogger and normie_joe
Usually the vast majority of the women I match with loose interest after a few messages (usually along the lines of "hello, how are you", or something specific to their bio if they have one, then some small-talk), which sucks, but not that bad, but there also seems to be quite a few that will just ghost, or even outright block me, despite having a good back and forth conversation, even if we're both laughing and having fun.

I could understand if I made dark jokes, being really sexual, etc, but they're usually fun back and forth with a bit of flirting on both sides, yet I still keep getting ghosted (and even more occasionally blocked). I could understand if they were 18 or 19, but this is with people in their mid 20s.

I have plenty of matches / likes, and these conversations go on for a few days, so if it was just looks, then in theory this shouldn't happen (at least not as often as it does).

I guess it doesn't really matter what it is, I'll probably be told it's because I'm a sub-5 manlet, but I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Remember you are not the only one they are doing this with. It's likely you were their temporary entertainment or someone better came along who they decided to invest their time.

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur, Alt Number 3, Shahnameh and 1 other person
Because you are sub chad

• +1
Reactions: ezio6, FrenchareMedCucks, NZb6Air and 2 others
Remember you are not the only one they are doing this with. It's likely you were their temporary entertainment or someone better came along who they decided to invest their time.
I guess it's just so brutal because it's happening even after a while of talking (not on the dating apps), sometimes while making plans to meet up, and occasionally it's outright blocking, as opposed to just an un-follow, being left on read or simply ignored.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
Because you are sub chad
I'm sub chad, but surely that's more of an explanation for short conversations that go nowhere, not ones what last a while with good back and forth.

I guess it's just so brutal because it's happening even after a while of talking (not on the dating apps), sometimes while making plans to meet up, and occasionally it's outright blocking, as opposed to just an un-follow, being left on read or simply ignored.

Aye, you can only hope those creatures get a taste of their own medicine when Maher punts them out the door after a quickie.

You need to remain detached at all times, never ever get too invested in any of them. You should be able to shrug and go "k next" for any if them at any moment.

Remember they lost you as well. Keep that in mind.

• +1
Reactions: Graham
didn't give them the tingles. post the convo so we can rate.

Ghosting and flaking has been the biggest complaint by both men and women over the last 5-6 years.

Funny thing is that chads, stacies and subhumans all seem to end up as perpetrators and victims, depending on their luck. It's just so random.

This isn't limited to OLD.
Potential employers and universities do this to applicants all the time.
I've done this to salespeople before.

It's time to accept that this is simply part of the culture now. Don't take it too seriously or personally and don't let it ruin you. Don't be afraid to do it either if you have to.

• +1
Reactions: Kroker, Graham and aryan mogger
Could you please post the conversations so we can rate it?

Aye, you can only hope those creatures get a taste of their own medicine when Maher punts them out the door after a quickie.

You need to remain detached at all times, never ever get too invested in any of them. You should be able to shrug and go "k next" for any if them at any moment.

Thanks, I needed to hear this. I try to not let it get to me, but admittedly it still does, as I don't want to be doing it to other people.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
you keep giving them the ick

• +1
Reactions: marigold and NZb6Air

biggest cope ever, they literally have 10k+ guys in their dms, even the average ltb,

you're not that guy pal.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
post the convo so we can rate.
Could you please post the conversations so we can rate it?
I can't post them as they're quite long span a while and the ones where I got blocked no longer show (and admittedly I'm a bit too self conscious to post personal conversations on a public forum). I guess it depends, I might do in the future.

Ghosting and flaking has been the biggest complaint by both men and women over the last 5-6 years.

Funny thing is that chads, stacies and subhumans all seem to end up as perpetrators and victims, depending on their luck. It's just so random.

This isn't limited to OLD.
Potential employers and universities do this to applicants all the time.
I've done this to salespeople before.

It's time to accept that this is simply part of the culture now. Don't take it too seriously or personally and don't let it ruin you. Don't be afraid to do it either if you have to.
I hate that you're right. I once made plans to meet someone, but it was a long way for me to travel (over 2 hours in one direction) so I decided to cancel at the beginning of the day (several hours before we had scheduled to meet) and I felt like such an awful person.

In hindsight, I guess it wasn't as bad as I felt it was at the time, as it was only me who was travelling to the city she was in, and we had no plans other than walking to some nice areas.

I just don't want to become someone that's part of the problem too.

I hate that you're right.
I hate it too.

it's not even just me.

loads of people have reached the point where they are openly admitting to being perps and victims of this shit.

after a while, we all just go numb and accept that it's part of the system.
I just don't want to become someone that's part of the problem too.
That's hard ..you could not take part in this practice and try to be a "decent" person, but it's unlikely the current market will care.
Not only will you not be rewarded for it but you'll probably be punished (in the sense that you'll feel unfairly treated by others when they won't feel the same way)

• +1
you keep giving them the ick
Is it really that simple? I see those TikToks / YouTube videos where it would be some random guy interviewing some women on the street and would ask "What are your biggest icks" and they respond with something totally ridiculous like "ugh, he drives a prius", but I assume that's all outrage farming / not reality.

I hate it too.

it's not even just me.

loads of people have reached the point where they are openly admitting to being perps and victims of this shit.

after a while, we all just go numb and accept that it's part of the system.

That's hard ..you could not take part in this practice and try to be a "decent" person, but it's unlikely the current market will care.
Not only will you not be rewarded for it but you'll probably be punished (in the sense that you'll feel unfairly treated by others when they won't feel the same way)
Yeah, I guess the only difference it would make is how I feel myself / following morals. It's just frustrating that everyone seems to despise it, yet instead of doing something about it, everyone just continues it, which makes it a self-fulling prophecy.

maybe they regret it, most of my friends usually get ghosted after the second date but not the first, also they could maybe tell that your autistic or something :feelshah:

• +1
maybe they regret it, most of my friends usually get ghosted after the second date but not the first, also they could maybe tell that your autistic or something :feelshah:
Maybe, there has been one or two times where I took a joke as serious and not really understood it, and sometimes I clarify that I have autism if that's the case. Reactions are mixed, ranging from un-phased, to saying it's OK then ghosting.

• Woah
Reactions: gooner23
Maybe, there has been one or two times where I took a joke as serious and not really understood it, and sometimes I clarify that I have autism if that's the case. Reactions are mixed, ranging from un-phased, to saying it's OK then ghosting.
is this like a specific dating app or are you experiencing this on all apps

• Hmm...
is this like a specific dating app or are you experiencing this on all apps
I'm currently using bumble, although this was happening on Tinder too, just to a lesser extent as I had less matches (bumble seems to be more serious than tinder).

• So Sad
The very design and nature of these apps often encourage superficial interactions and create an environment where meaningful connections can easily be avoided or delayed.

This "low effort, high reward" dynamic encourages users to treat interactions casually, as they don’t have much to lose. It’s easy to engage in a conversation, flirt, or even make plans without ever intending to follow through because the app doesn’t demand much investment. Many people enjoy the ego boost of getting matches and attention without actually wanting to commit to anything deeper. This leads to a lot of time-wasting, where conversations fizzle out or never evolve

The overwhelming number of options on dating apps can lead to a paradox of choice. With so many potential matches at your fingertips, many people end up swiping mindlessly, engaging with multiple people at once without ever focusing on one meaningful connection. This creates a disposable culture, where people are always looking for the next, potentially better match, even when they’re in the middle of conversations. This results in a lot of dead-end interactions because users are never fully committed to one person

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: marigold and Graham
I have compiled a recent conversation as an example, although I think in this one I messed up way more than normal (a combination of finding her really attractive and sleep deprivation from travelling around more than I'd like)

I have censored any identifying information, but even so, I don't want to post it publicly.

If anyone has experience with online dating and wants to have a look and tell me where I went wrong / critique, etc, I would be grateful.

If anyone replies to this asking to see, I'll PM you with the conversation.

@gooner23 @normie_joe @aryan mogger @Richard Cheese @Brus Wane

Thanks again.

• +1
Because any random MTB has like 20 000+ likes and matches on Tinder alone.

thousands more if you count other dating apps and with Instagram you have at least 30 000 guys DMs you to fuck you around a 100km radius.

never began for sub Chads in OLD.

I cold approached 100+times in the last 2 years IRL and got rejected all the time ( except by landwhales or LTBs )
So IRL isn't better either, as you still have to compete against Chads from her instagram or Tinder.

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Copeful and Graham
Because any random MTB has like 20 000+ likes and matches on Tinder alone.

thousands more if you count other dating apps and with Instagram you have at least 30 000 guys DMs you to fuck you around a 100km radius.

never began for sub Chads in OLD.

I cold approached 100+times in the last 2 years IRL and got rejected all the time ( except by landwhales or LTBs )
So IRL isn't better either, as you still have to compete against Chads from her instagram or Tinder.
Yeah, I fear this is mostly the case, but there seems to be a small subset of women who find me attractive, so I try to appeal to that niche.

Most of the matches I have that ghost in a couple of messages I understand aren't that into me anyway, so I don't take it personally, but it's when it's going well and then they ghost or block is when it starts messing with me.

I just think it's sometimes a bit hard to believe that when it's going well it just ends because someone more attractive comes along.

Yes i don't even bother with creating an OLD account as a sub HTN.

I made a Beckyfish and became blackpilled , heavily depressed for 2 year before starting feeling better with bimax scheduled in the near future.

I'm socialmaxxing at the bar for 2 years , and finally last week a 46 MILF asked me out. She isn't young but her body is decent.

Don't know why you guys all think that you will fuck girls with dating apps. it's a scam hypergamy central.

• +1
Don't know why you guys all think that you will fuck girls with dating apps. it's a scam hypergamy central.
It's more like the only way to try and meet people and form a connection. In my age range it seems to be heavily skewed to people meeting online. Even my average looking friends meet online a lot of the time and they still have girlfriends etc, so I think luck must play a big part in meeting the right person.

It’s insane how with OLD dates you could’ve put on ur best performance, immaculate rizz, fucked her brains out, etc but then you get blocked the next day. But If it’s a girl you met in ur social circle then you could literally be a huge dork w no game and pull hotter girls. I literally makes no sense.

• Hmm...
But If it’s a girl you met in ur social circle then you could literally be a huge dork
I wouldn't know the difference in all honesty. I don't have a social circle really. I have friends from when I was in my late teens and early 20s, but we're all on different paths in life.

I have compiled a recent conversation as an example, although I think in this one I messed up way more than normal (a combination of finding her really attractive and sleep deprivation from travelling around more than I'd like)

I have censored any identifying information, but even so, I don't want to post it publicly.

If anyone has experience with online dating and wants to have a look and tell me where I went wrong / critique, etc, I would be grateful.

If anyone replies to this asking to see, I'll PM you with the conversation.

@gooner23 @normie_joe @aryan mogger @Richard Cheese @Brus Wane

Thanks again.
I ain’t ever spoken to a women but I can give you advice :feelshah:

• JFL
I ain’t ever spoken to a women but I can give you advice :feelshah:
Thanks, but I don't want too many people to see my terrible conversation skills, so I only really want to share it with people who have experience with it.

Might as well
I forgot to mention I sent it.

• So Sad

Stop trying to understand women they are RNG chaotic neutral beasts

With women it’s a dice roll if she remains in interest with you or not

• So Sad